LegacyGT.com

Second Generation Legacy Suspension FAQ

'04 sti struts with stock sti springs will lower it slightly, maybe half an inch at most. it looks stock, just a hell of alot better performing

<--- '04 sti struts with '05 sti springs

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'04 sti struts with stock sti springs will lower it slightly, maybe half an inch at most. it looks stock, just a hell of alot better performing

<--- '04 sti struts with '05 sti springs

How about 04 sti struts/h&r springs? I jus want like 1/2in lower then i already am.

Im fine with a stiff ride, thats what im going for! I gotta get endlinks frnt/rear, i have strut braces frnt/rear, lower ralli-tek 22mm frnt sway, stock sway for the rear.

Will it be a noticable diff between wrx struts?

I have a 03 LOB Eddie Bauer VCD and a 98 Legacy L. I am wanting to swap the h6 & phase 2 VCD trans into the 98, but in order to have the VCD setup work correctly I am guessing I need to use the wheel speed sensors & ABS module from the 03. So my question is, will the suspension, hubs, ect from the 03 bolt into the 98? Or maybe will the wheel speed sensors from the 03 bolt into the 98 hubs? The 98 does have ABS. Just trying to iron out the details before I get both cars to the shop. If using the phase 2 trans & vcd gets too difficult I will just bolt the h6 up the the 98 trans and deal with the CEL.

Thanks for your help

Drew

in short, no. the 03s have a completely different rear suspension set-up, the front stuff will work though. i have no idea about the sensors though....

good luck with the swap, EZ30s are great engines :D

Im fine with a stiff ride, thats what im going for! I gotta get endlinks frnt/rear, i have strut braces frnt/rear, lower ralli-tek 22mm frnt sway, stock sway for the rear.

Will it be a noticable diff between wrx struts?

yes, the sti struts will be noticeably stiffer and maybe slightly lower, but im not 100% sure on that

I just realized you are correct. I had a 2002 OBS on the rack yesterday and noticed the difference. The cradle might bolt up, but the strut and strut mounting location is completely different. I can however use the rear brakes. I might have to just use the 98 phase 1 trans and maybe upgrade to the 5eat or Manual later down the road. The Phase 1 & 2 4eat should have the same wiring harness's correct? The 03 TCU should plug into the 98 harness correct? Again thanks for the help.

Drew

Has anybody ever heard of receland coilovers? they seem kind of like ebay coilovers but maybe not... Just thought I would get some advice from some more experienced owners.

http://www.racelandus.com/p-127-coilover-kit-for-subaru-impreza-rs-wrx-sti-2nd-gen.aspx

I can get a pair of these for 350 with only 2500miles on them

or search for 04 STI struts to match some 05 STI springs...

I can get some 05 STI springs with 50k for $50, and just wait until matching struts surface themselves...

I successfully installed a set of 04 STi KYBs with a set of Red Prodrive's. So far so good. 100% better than the old blown stock ones on this 98 Leggy. I need to get poly bushings, new Anti-Sway bars and rear strut tower for this ride. Oh and can't wait to get an alignment.

Then I'll be on the look out for a 02 WRX or 04 STi... :)

BTW! The drop in the front was about an inch and in the rear half an inch... I like the new look and the drive is nice.

So i have read that putting on outback suspension or a forester suspension would raise my 95 Legacy, what other ways could i lift the car and what other aftermarket parts could i get for it to make the car rally ready for a tight budget? Im new to the forums but Im going to Wyotech so fabrication or anything else is not a problem, my budget is just limited.

Archived