LegacyGT.com

NorCal California Emissions and Inspection Thread

GoSix

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

i'm going in tomorrow to smog.

i'll be running a stock downpipe, rigged up to the back half of my Invidia Q300.

I left my K&N drop in filter in. bottom of my airbox has the silencer removed.

i did a realtime reflash with my accessport to stage1 91 octane ACN map.

tomorrow i'll go drive around and put at least 30 miles on the reflash before i test and bring that baby in hot!

Questions for the experts:

1. i didnt see a "behave like stock" option in my accessport, so i'm going with stage1. i did just DL a stock map and i can put it in my AP tomorrow. based on my mods for smog, does it matter which one i use? stage one / stock?

2. is 30 miles good enough after the reflash?

3. is a "realtime" reflash ok?

Thanks for any input!

Questions for the experts:

1. i didnt see a "behave like stock" option in my accessport, so i'm going with stage1. i did just DL a stock map and i can put it in my AP tomorrow. based on my mods for smog, does it matter which one i use? stage one / stock?

I think stage one should be ok. I passed with a custom stage 2/3 map, new turbo, new injectors, only one cat..

btw, the "behave like stock" option for your accessport is sometimes called "unmarry". Not sure what the exact wording for the (I'm assuming v2) menu option is - I have an APv1.

btw, the "behave like stock" option for your accessport is sometimes called "unmarry". Not sure what the exact wording for the (I'm assuming v2) menu option is - I have an APv1.

Behave as stock is simply loading the "stock" realtime map. You can get it on Cobb's site. FWIW, I smogged Cobb stage 2 base and real-time.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

i'm going in tomorrow to smog.

i'll be running a stock downpipe, rigged up to the back half of my Invidia Q300.

I left my K&N drop in filter in. bottom of my airbox has the silencer removed.

i did a realtime reflash with my accessport to stage1 91 octane ACN map.

Passed!!!

Mods during test listed above.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/diavolo90/Untitled.png

Ok so I had to smog my 05 last year. I was running elh, catless up & dp, unresonated custom single hks carbon ti and stg 2 protune from DBtuned.

i read up on it and found that just putting the stock dp on would pass sniffer easily. Did that, but REALLY didnt want to take off my headers and uppipe..so I went to a couple small shops and was instantly failed for the visual..then i had the genius idea to go to Shingle Springs Subaru because the mechanics always talk to me about my car and love it. Went there, none of the guys i knew were working and i thought i was gna fail again. But to my surprise they didnt even say a word to me. i was there for 10 minutes..

They blatantly looked at my headers and uppipe as well..and it was obvious my stock dp hadnt been on the car in over a year..

Ok so I had to smog my 05 last year. I was running elh, catless up & dp, unresonated custom single hks carbon ti and stg 2 protune from DBtuned.

i read up on it and found that just putting the stock dp on would pass sniffer easily. Did that, but REALLY didnt want to take off my headers and uppipe..so I went to a couple small shops and was instantly failed for the visual..then i had the genius idea to go to Shingle Springs Subaru because the mechanics always talk to me about my car and love it. Went there, none of the guys i knew were working and i thought i was gna fail again. But to my surprise they didnt even say a word to me. i was there for 10 minutes..

They blatantly looked at my headers and uppipe as well..and it was obvious my stock dp hadnt been on the car in over a year..

I suspect the headers was what failed the at the first locations. People have been passing with aftermarket uppipe. However, I suspect the less stock your car looks on the outside, the more scrutiny they will have on visual.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 5 weeks later...

Smog time again for me but this time I'm running a completely diff setup. I failed a couple years ago (reported in this thread) on HC on the old stage 2 set up but passed visual w/ the catted DP. Swapped the DP with the stocker and passed fine.

At stg 3+ now running E85. Should I chance it and just swap my intake back to stock, throw on the engine cover and test it? Hoping they don't notice the DP and headers. Or, swap DP, intake, headers back to stock and reflash to the 91 map?

Would suck big time to have to swap all these parts back and forth! This is what sucks about modding. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up swapping the cbe, dp, and intake. Didn't feel like switching to 91 and reflash so just ran it with e85 and it passed fine. Now just waiting on some gaskets to put all the goods back on.

Took a short drive with just the open dp after I took off the cbe, was giggling the whole time :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
We will see in a few months is a fmic will pass....:eek:

let us know!

it seems to be one of those grey area things, as long as the recirc systems and maf arent moved, it should be good to go, but on the other hand some places will notice its a modification and fail. regardless that is has no effect on increasing emissions.

worst part is with the new OBDII scan smog, your tune could cause you to fail before they even look under your hood.

info on the new smog here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-ca-smog-obdii-info-thread-199919.html

Archived