LegacyGT.com

NorCal California Emissions and Inspection Thread

GoSix

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC, TMIC is not part of emission

you should try just go in with the aftermarket DP and see what they say? Since it's catted, numbers should be well below standard...

I have no aftermarket DP... I drive with gutted OEM DP everyday..

with that list...it's visually stock...

Exactly - that was the biggest priority when determining my mods - will it pass visual? We've decided to keep the car for the long haul, so we didn't want to have a headache every 2 years..

I wouldn't think you would need to do a full reflash of the ECU. I was just going to change my realtime map to stock. Bad idea?
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

I wouldn't think you would need to do a full reflash of the ECU. I was just going to change my realtime map to stock. Bad idea?

Just stopped by FW Motorsports (formerly DBTuned) this afternoon and swapped in my stock DP. Paul said that I should NOT touch the AccessPort map at all, realtime or base. I plan to go in for smog this weekend. Will post my results.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Just stopped by FW Motorsports (formerly DBTuned) this afternoon and swapped in my stock DP. Paul said that I should NOT touch the AccessPort map at all, realtime or base. I plan to go in for smog this weekend. Will post my results.

That's interesting.

I just swapped my DP and flashed cobb stg1 ACN on there. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to do the drive in the vacation pics plus a bunch of more miles, should be fine.

Has he moved yet?

Has he moved yet?

Yes, and the place is awesome.

Side note, My CEL went off while driving to work this morning. I knew I should have gotten my car smogged last night. Now I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Gotta reset ECU, change my realtime map to stock....and of course vacation pics. :spin:

I changed my spark plugs just before I smogged mine (stock). Of course, you have to remove the battery for access. I drove the car to work (30 miles each way) and plugged in my scan tool when I got home. All the monitors had completed. Just make sure to get two cold starts followed by some traffic, then freeway and you should be good to go.

-- Steve

Passed w/OEM DP, STI UP

Car was a little colder than I'd like because there was a wait, which I think is why the idle numbers were so high

idle HC=57 CO=.39

2500 HC=32 CO=.01

Clearing my readiness code took a bit, I follow the drive cycle twice, did a number of cold starts, but it stayed on until about 120 mi and then cleared.

Word?

No smog yet per my previous post :mad:. The CEL was "P0137 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage", which should have been defeated by the AP map. Strange how it triggered shortly after I swapped from the Cobb DP to stock. Anyway, I reflashed to Cobb Stage 1; so the CEL should NOT go off. Just driving around a bit till I think the readiness code is good.

Okay. all smogged. Here's my setup and results:

Equipment: Cobb catless Uppipe. Stock downpipe. Cobb Stage 1 base map.

Prep: Drove about 30 miles before smog check, running errands and stuff :)

CO2 Idle: 14.4%

CO2 2500: 14.3%

O2 Idle: 0.1%

O2 2500: 0.1%

HC Idle: 42 (max 100)

HC 2500: 26 (max 130)

CO Idle: 0.97 (max 1..I barely passed..geez!)

CO 2500: 0.78 (max 1)

Inspection passed with uppipe.

I wonder why my CO numbers were so insanely high (compare to nm+). That's just crazy

Installed stock downpipe. Kept OTS stage 2 tune. Drove from Roseville to Sac State and back. Here are results.

Idle @ 761, CO2 @ 14.3, 02 @ .9, HC PPM @ 1, CO @ 0.00.

2500 RPM @ 2672, CO2 @ 14.9, O2 @ 0.0, HC PPM @ 2, CO @ 0.00

Installed stock downpipe. Kept OTS stage 2 tune. Drove from Roseville to Sac State and back. Here are results.

Idle @ 761, CO2 @ 14.3, 02 @ .9, HC PPM @ 1, CO @ 0.00.

2500 RPM @ 2672, CO2 @ 14.9, O2 @ 0.0, HC PPM @ 2, CO @ 0.00

Goddamn! 0/0 for CO? Well, if anyone wants to kill themselves in their garage, I guess they can borrow my car for its high CO emissions.

I remember looking but do not recall. Is there a way to look up when my car is due for smog? Id be a little irritated if i went through the trouble of going stage 3 just to tear it all off in a few months.i bough my car from a dealer in july of 2010 so does that mean july 2012 is its time? Or since its an 05 would it be this year and the month of my registration?

Archived