LegacyGT.com

Just bought Conti ExtremeContact DWS!!

08LGT80

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nokian's are hard to beat. Except the price is a killer. As long as you use your head when you have the DWS's you should be fine.

If anyone is in doubt, go buy a true snow tire. I should really get off my money and buy four DWS's for my 3 season tire. I have true snow tires.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just thought I'd chime in. Got about 2,000 miles on these so far, and they're great tires. First real test in the snow came today. In the light packed snow (less than 2") the car drove like there was no snow on the ground. SOFT SOFT sidewalls though, running 40/37psi f/r to counteract the soft sidewalls, and the treadwear is even at that pressure for me.

Just thought I'd chime in. Got about 2,000 miles on these so far, and they're great tires. First real test in the snow came today. In the light packed snow (less than 2") the car drove like there was no snow on the ground. SOFT SOFT sidewalls though, running 40/37psi f/r to counteract the soft sidewalls, and the treadwear is even at that pressure for me.

+1 for me. About 5k on these so far, they've been champs in a variety of snow this winter. Have had to run them about the same range as above as well, handling's good but certainly not phenomenal. No regrets, no need at this point for dedicated snows. Perhaps winter #2 on them will be different, but so far so good.

"Perhaps winter #2 on them will be different, but so far so good."

This is a good point. Anyone with 20K + miles on them that can give us your opinion as to how they do in the snow with some decent tread wear on them?

Being in Texas, we don't have much snow...but we had 6+ inches of snow last night (which is basically a blizzard here, haha), and it has been in the 20's all week so it stuck. I don't have a lot of experience driving in the snow, but I am happy with how the DWS's handled. I drove on several streets that had not had any traffic on them yet, and these plowed through the snow like a champ. I think they were a good deal for me here, since we don't get enough snow for dedicated snow tires.

"Perhaps winter #2 on them will be different, but so far so good."

This is a good point. Anyone with 20K + miles on them that can give us your opinion as to how they do in the snow with some decent tread wear on them?

I concur. The only all-seasons tires I have found that retain winter traction past 20k and even at 40k+ are Nokian WR G2's. 40k WR G2's are better than 10k DWS by a noticeable margin.

DWS did decently on a messy mix on the road last nite. The loser in a Hummer and Jeep Cherokee who passed me going 55mph) lost it ahead.

+1 for me. About 5k on these so far, they've been champs in a variety of snow this winter. Have had to run them about the same range as above as well, handling's good but certainly not phenomenal. No regrets, no need at this point for dedicated snows. Perhaps winter #2 on them will be different, but so far so good.

+ another. This is my 2nd winter with ~10k on them and performance has been

very good. In upstate NY, I've driven on every type of wintry stuff with respectable performance. We had freezing rain on top snow/sleet mix yesterday, and I found that I needed provisions !! so out on the roads I went. Hooked up well.

~15k here/2nd winter on the DWSs and driving up to New Rochelle, NY from NJ the past 4 months without a hitch. I'm thinking of going full dedicated winter tires next season though, just to try them out, and demote the DWSs to early Spring/Fall/early winter duty and have a Summer set as well.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I'll be picking up my summer rims tonight from my mechanics shop. He's mounting the DWS's today. 225/45-17

I'll put them on late next month.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the feedback on the DWS. Picked up a set about a month ago after reading a few posts here. Had the oportunity to run them in one snow storm and several rain storms. Great snow performance for an all season and amazing wet performance. Love them! Great improvement from the RE92s

thanks again!

I had these tires on a mazda 6 v6 and destroyed 5 of them on potholes in year in new york city. They handle great in the snow but the weak sidewall makes them not worth buying if you drive where there are potholes. The sidewalls get bubbles from the smallest potholes.

The DWS did pretty well in powder/fine snow conditions. I went up a 1/4 mile driveway across open fields that drifted in 6"-14" due to winds and they worked perfectly.

The DWS are quite adept also on gravel roads.

I would give this tire a 10 if they had a little stiffer sidewall.. nothing too stiff like a summer sport tire but same stiffness as a general passenger/touring tire will suffice. I know Continental soften the sidewalls for this tire for the snow but it went too soft.

how would they hold up in a track day ?

I need some summer rubber but don't need to have some uber sticky tires and don't want to buy new tires every 2 years but I'd love to go on the track with the leggy this summer at least once ... will they hold or they will tear appart since they're 4 seasons tires ?

how would they hold up in a track day ?

I need some summer rubber but don't need to have some uber sticky tires and don't want to buy new tires every 2 years but I'd love to go on the track with the leggy this summer at least once ... will they hold or they will tear appart since they're 4 seasons tires ?

They would hold up fine. The wear rating is 400 iirc. I would recommend increasing the pressures though.

Just don't expect to have a great performing car. If you have other performance mods, you'll definitely be leaving a lot of performance on the table with these tires at a track day.

I like these tires a lot, even at 40psi the ride is much better than the OEM Bridgestones. No doubt some dry performance is sacrificed for vastly better

rain and snow performance. The only downside I have found is these tires have

cost me about 1 1/2mpg on average.

I thought I noticed a drop as well...... however, I also notice I am testing these on every on ramp and corner and enjoying it all VERY MUCH. :dm:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm still hesitating on putting these on the 19s....if the sidewalls are that soft and people are already having bubbling issues, these may not be the tires for me...?!?!?

I will be going with 225/35/19 or 235/35/19...perhaps 255/30/19 if I wanna get crazy with some fender rolling/pulling!?

Archived