LegacyGT.com

Just bought Conti ExtremeContact DWS!!

08LGT80

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like many people have a problem with snow in these tires. I have yet to have a major issue...:confused:

I think it's the fact that Continental mentions snow in the DWS. It may confuse some people to think that they could be snow tires, and it may raise others to unrealistic expectations of what the tires will do in snow.

As I posted earlier these are the best AS tires I have ever driven in snow and they are fine for moderate snow fall areas, but they are still AS tires. If you live in an area with regular heavy snow fall you may still want to consider getting snow tires for the winter.

I think it's the fact that Continental mentions snow in the DWS. It may confuse some people to think that they could be snow tires, and it may raise others to unrealistic expectations of what the tires will do in snow.

As I posted earlier these are the best AS tires I have ever driven in snow and they are fine for moderate snow fall areas, but they are still AS tires. If you live in an area with regular heavy snow fall you may still want to consider getting snow tires for the winter.

I was thinking about the DW but considered what might happen to get caught out in the snow early or late in the "season". I'm using dedicated snow tires and would not expect the DWS to take their place. Conversely, the snow tires aren't nearly as good as the DWS in heavy rain!

Sadly I have to buy and getting same tires installed at end of week.

My wife hit a nasty MA pothole going 80MPH that created a 3/8" bubble in one spot and another spot a 2" split of sidewall in our Nokian WR G2's. Btw love the Nokian WR G2's but going to try Conti for $550 installed instead of nearly $700 for Nokian's.

Lost my insanely snow sticking Nokian WR G2's (and $320.00 rim) to NJ pothole and went with Conti Extreme Contacts DWS'. have gone through two NY State white-out blizzards in cruise control style.

Lost my insanely snow sticking Nokian WR G2's (and $320.00 rim) to NJ pothole and went with Conti Extreme Contacts DWS'. have gone through two NY State white-out blizzards in cruise control style.

It's worth looking into the possibility of filling a claim for reimbursement with the state/municipality.

A friend suggested this to me after I had to replace two tires due to sidewall bubbles due to a pothole and I received a 90% reimbursement.

It's worth looking into the possibility of filling a claim for reimbursement with the state/municipality.

A friend suggested this to me after I had to replace two tires due to sidewall bubbles due to a pothole and I received a 90% reimbursement.

That only works for state roads in NJ. Also, they have to "know about the issue" but didn't get around to fixing it.

It's bs...been through it before. :(

Are these tires really that good compared to a dedicated snow tire? I live in Long Island and I'm tired of the stockers sucking in this weather... but I only have stock rims now

Are these tires really that good compared to a dedicated snow tire? I live in Long Island and I'm tired of the stockers sucking in this weather... but I only have stock rims now

This is my second winter with the DWS's, and commute from Clifton, NJ to New Rochelle, NY with no problems whatsoever. As long as you use common sense and treat these tires as ALL SEASON tires, you'll be fine. A significant improvement over stock.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Getting my DWS' on tomorrow. Sadly the 225's have gone up in price and the 215's went down, so I went with the 215's (Over a $100 difference). I'm excited to get rid of those horrible RE92's

I got mine 4 weeks ago and up in Mass. we have been getting SOCKED with snow. I was telling my boss that the DWS's have me almost too confident on the roads. I have never been so impressed with a set of tires as I am with these.

One of the complaints is the road noise on dry roads. Mine are hit/miss when I hear it and when I do, damm its loud.

My #1 reason for getting the tires was I started driving my 2 little girls to school which is at my work, we travel 28 miles each way and they are my #1 concern. I was scared sh**less with the RE92's with them in the car, now I don't even flinch.

these tires are the closest to dedicated snow tires that you can get! the tread pattern grips slushy and snowy roads like bear claws while the aqua channels direct the rain away from the tires. i live in seattle and as everyone knows seattle goes from sun to rain to mixed rain/snow to hail.. sometimes all in one day! it's the best tires i've ever owned!

these tires are the closest to dedicated snow tires that you can get! the tread pattern grips slushy and snowy roads like bear claws while the aqua channels direct the rain away from the tires. i live in seattle and as everyone knows seattle goes from sun to rain to mixed rain/snow to hail.. sometimes all in one day! it's the best tires i've ever owned!

Nokian WR G2's are far superior in terms of winter traction by a decent margin. My wife went from Nokian WR G2's>DWS and noticed it right away.

DWS are okay though in our experience of unusual winter conditions in coastal NH. I have a feeling next winter they we go dedicated winters or Nokian WR G2's as my wife commutes 25mi each way irregardless of conditions with a hospital job.

Nokian WR G2's are far superior in terms of winter traction by a decent margin. My wife went from Nokian WR G2's>DWS and noticed it right away.

DWS are okay though in our experience of unusual winter conditions in coastal NH. I have a feeling next winter they we go dedicated winters or Nokian WR G2's as my wife commutes 25mi each way irregardless of conditions with a hospital job.

haven't tried them YET! maybe i will try em when the DWS's wear out.

Archived