LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

I think this mite be the 1st. I finished the install of a RacerX FMIC with a Moshimoto radiator. That has about 1" thicker core then OEM. Which causes you to ditch the OE air box & coolant over flow tank. I replacing the OEM air box with K&N Typhoon Intake (that I just order from FBP) & OEM coolant over flow tank with a small universal over flow tank from Advance Auto Parts. Which will be relocated on the back of the fire wall. Where the TMIC use to be. Additional trimming of bottom coolant over flow tank mount & moving the PS radiator fan plug below it's original mounting place.

We are talking tight,:spin::spin::spin::spin: Lube your pipes TIGHT. :eek::rolleyes::lol:.

The 1" thicker core was my over site. I forgot all about it when I order my FMIC :redface:. So I'm committed to do whatever it takes to make this work.

Mike

Update, K&N Typhoon Intake was installed to day & I started her & let her warm up to opt. temp. Rev her up enough to hear the BOV work. I hear no other odd sounds or leaks. I finish putting the bumper cover & bottom cover tomorrow. So I can log. Why'll the car was being revved up & at idle. My DAM was at .8.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update, K&N Typhoon Intake was installed to day & I started her & let her warm up to opt. temp. Rev her up enough to hear the BOV work. I hear no other odd sounds or leaks. I finish putting the bumper cover & bottom cover tomorrow. So I can log. Why'll the car was being revved up & at idle. My DAM was at .8.

Mike

Did you disconnect the battery? A lot of tunes start out at .8 until you get a good WOT run and they go to 1.

Ok, thanks.

Yes, I had to replace the battery. The old one I had I bought on clearance. Not OEM size, but worked. It's was 1\2 taller & longer & the (+) & (-) was reversed. Bought a new OEM size battery so the cold pipe would clear the hood.

I wonder it I should put my .8 pill in before I start logging my Cobb stage2, 93 map. Or log it with the sock pill. Any thoughts?

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Pill doesn't matter if you're going to run your stage 2 map. 1.0mm or .8mm pill, logs will be crap either way. Your Cobb map wasnt set up for a fmic.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I know. I was so busy trying to fix the new JDM bumper that. Didn't realize that the fmic was covered. There is some space between the fmic and the front end. Is it enough? I don't know. Hopefully the ceramic thermal coating and thermal dispersant on the intercooler with help. I really won't know if it's a problem till it warms up. If it is a problem, I still have my stock front end so easily switch back and an APB JDM Tommy Kaira front end will be for sale. ;-)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Here is what it looks like in the daylight.

I put on one of my Black ceramic FMIC kits so you don't see the pipes thru the openings

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060626.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060627.jpg/QUOTE]

what did you coat your manifold with? looks good!

Here is what it looks like in the daylight.

I put on one of my Black ceramic FMIC kits so you don't see the pipes thru the openings

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060626.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060627.jpg/QUOTE]

what did you coat your manifold with? looks good!

It's coated in 6yrs of dirt. I never clean my engine. ;). I have the pipes coated in black ceramic thermal coating.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• I Donated
Any idea what group size battery will fit with this FMIC?

I'm afraid if I get the recommended group 35, it'll be too high to fit with the cold side pipe.

I have a group 35. It's tight, it's a pain to work around, but it fits.

^^^ Same here. My coldside pipe touches the corner of my stock group 85 battery, and the coupler rubs against the hood liner. I don't think I can go any taller at all.

Looking more in to group sizing, it appears a group 26R is a few MM shorter in height and length, with the same depth and terminal layout. Let's see how hard it is to find...

Archived