LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah the cobb is a little wider. will i be the first to run this with an avo turbo :lol:??

no:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Fmic install went well! Only issue we had was getting the damn bumper back on, and being in a rush didn't help! Great product bryan.

I have a question too, I seem to be making a ton of compressor surge before the car blows off (gfb bov) and im not sure how I would go about adjusting it. I mean I know how, but would I want to tight up the spring, or loosen? And also I had to trim the bumper the slightest bit in the back, but that's prob a fitment issue on my part, something probably isn't lined up 100%.

Overall, very happy. Looks gorgeous and going to get tuned in a few days. I was at 336/341 so ill let you know how much I get out of her.

2011-09-06_16-30-09_957.thumb.jpg.0642b8ff9d27073113522bec33eb0b52.jpg

Fmic install went well! Only issue we had was getting the damn bumper back on, and being in a rush didn't help! Great product bryan.

I have a question too, I seem to be making a ton of compressor surge before the car blows off (gfb bov) and im not sure how I would go about adjusting it. I mean I know how, but would I want to tight up the spring, or loosen? And also I had to trim the bumper the slightest bit in the back, but that's prob a fitment issue on my part, something probably isn't lined up 100%.

Overall, very happy. Looks gorgeous and going to get tuned in a few days. I was at 336/341 so ill let you know how much I get out of her.

Glad you like it :)

that's weird, you don't look like charlie sheen....

my car did it and will surge still when i get off the throttle but not when im trying to get on it. it only dies it when i make under 5lbs. my tuner said that is ok. its bad when your making high boost. i like wise have a gfb bov

yeah dude under light throttle it surges and blows off, then under WOT it sounds like a tial. it sounds sick though. i cant wait to get it tuned.

Glad you like it :)

i cant thank you enough dan :), and btw i'm pretty sure i scratched the pipes during my install more than you did haha!

that's weird, you don't look like charlie sheen....

Rehab did things to me...

Actually, high maintenance is not something they tell you when they advertise this kit. It is completely bolt up, woohoo! Truth is there is some maintenance to keep things from rattling. I haven't had to mess with keeping things tight, but I did have to pick up some new local (made in USA) t-bolt clamps because I stripped out the cheap Chinese steel t-bolts that come with the kit. Note that normal users shouldn't have to tighten their clamps to the point to stripping the bolts. I did because I thought I had a leak when it was actually the wrong injector latency values (DW provides Cobb and not RomRaider values, need to multiply by .6 for their 1000cc top feeds in RomRaider).

i was searching to see if anyone else out there had the same "surging" sound i have, other than a few of you guys, i just wanted to hear it more lol. i googled "compressor surge after fmic install" and got a hit on iwsti.com and a guy said that his was making the same sounds as mine, but he found his bov return hose to be cramped or something. he straightened it out, and then said it sounded like before. now im a little weary if something isnt right?

no leaks, i tested that already. its so strange...it pulls so hard, a little harder than it did before. i just switched back to my stock bpv and its so quiet, and i dont hear ANY flutter except for when im in 4th or 5th at letting off at about 2.5-3k rpms. im beginning to think my gfb just wasnt setup right. i messed around with the spring tension alot, idk what i couldve done wrong. anyway, i might just keep it like this...or if any of you have suggestions as to how you have your gfb setup with your fmic.

i have a headache now...from typing so much.

Actually, high maintenance is not something they tell you when they advertise this kit. It is completely bolt up, woohoo! Truth is there is some maintenance to keep things from rattling. I haven't had to mess with keeping things tight, but I did have to pick up some new local (made in USA) t-bolt clamps because I stripped out the cheap Chinese steel t-bolts that come with the kit. Note that normal users shouldn't have to tighten their clamps to the point to stripping the bolts. I did because I thought I had a leak when it was actually the wrong injector latency values (DW provides Cobb and not RomRaider values, need to multiply by .6 for their 1000cc top feeds in RomRaider).

You should have told me about the clamps. Remember you have a 1year warranty. One of the order had clamps that came from a different manufacturer and those clamps were a hit and miss. For the people who had problems with the clamps I replaced the clamps for free with the original clamps that seem to work better and fix the problem. All the kits now come with the original clamps.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

i think there should be an attachment made to secure the coupler to the throttle body better. (this goes for all intercooler kits, not just bryans) and i say this because the lip on the TB is so small and hard to get a clamp firmly on. id like to get some sort of extension in there for a better piece of mind.

Archived