LegacyGT.com

Cooling fan stuck on?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dropped mine at the dealer on Friday. I explained the issue and told them to call the tech line. I even told them the parts and part #'s that needed to be replaced. After they checked over the car the tech said I was right on ( thanks to all the info here) and thanked me. They said they hadn't ran into that issue yet.

My new ECU and relays are on order should be here wed-ish.

So thanks to all those who posted fixes and other good info.:icon_bigg

Dave

ps. I can't wait to put the AP back on...you really notice the dif when you don't have it anymore.

I dropped mine at the dealer on Friday. I explained the issue and told them to call the tech line. I even told them the parts and part #'s that needed to be replaced. After they checked over the car the tech said I was right on ( thanks to all the info here) and thanked me. They said they hadn't ran into that issue yet.

My new ECU and relays are on order should be here wed-ish.

So thanks to all those who posted fixes and other good info.:icon_bigg

Dave

ps. I can't wait to put the AP back on...you really notice the dif when you don't have it anymore.

When I called my dealer about this problem they said it was the first they heard about it too. But at least they were open minded enough to not give me any attitude about it when I showed them some of the earlier pages from this thread.

Also, as mentioned in previous messages, don't forget to bring in both sets of keys and fobs when you drop the car off.

I was there from 3 - 5:20 pm. They didn't fix anything.

I have to leave them the car on Nov. 23.

I'm pissed, but I realize It's not the dealer's fault that SOA wants to play "I got a secret" with information on how to fix this.

SOA Jackasses should realize that it isn't good to waste a customer's time and it isn't very efficient to have a tech

waste time trying to diagnose a problem that won't show up on the scanner.

The same problem was picked up on my LGT when I had it in for an oil change and block heater installation. Not only are the relays and ECU on order but the dealer requested I leave the car with them for two days next week as Subaru Canada is sending an engineer to check out the car.

Just picked my LGT up. Sounded quieter on the way home. The engineer recommended replacing the ECU and relays which was done. Interestingly, he said Subaru Canada had not heard of the problem even though I note at least 3 Canadians on this board that have had the same problem and fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally at least got my service dept. to take my complaints seriously and check it out at my last oil change. What'd they find? Everything is within spec. Though they did say they'd ask their rep if he's heard anything the next time he's in. That's probably just a line they use to get me to leave it alone but I'll be calling back soon to find out if they asked him.

Cheers!

-Ian

Yes, I'm a Subaru Service Advisor. There is currently not a TSB out concerning this condition and depending on your dealer, they may of may not have already had a car with this problem. The only reason I knew about the issue was from reading it here. Best bet is to convince your dealer to call the Subaru Tech Line first, before they do any troubleshooting. The Tech line is aware of the issue and will instruct them to replace the ECU as long as they can duplicate the concern.

Opie, any one replaced just the relays? How can the ECU become unprogramed in that parameter?

Archived