LegacyGT.com

Cooling fan stuck on?

Did you "unmarry" the old ECU from the Accessport before they switched it out?

Yes, it was uninstalled/unmarried before the ECU was replaced.

You need to call COBB and then ship your AP back to them so they can update the firmware so that it is compatible with the newer ECU versions.

Thanks, I'll give cobb a call tomorrow. Did you get yours back yet and if not how long have they had it?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got my new ECU installed...and am loving the silence. On a side note, it seems that my in-city fuel efficiency has gone up pretty remarkably. I have generally averaged between 15-16 mpg in the city for the first 6500 miles of ownership, but so far my first tank with the new ECU is averageing almost 20MPG :-) Has anyone else noticed inproved gas mileage after the ECU replacement? Maybe I'm just babying the throttle a little more than usual..but perhaps there's something bigger going on. The one thing I did always find funny about my Legacy GT was the large descrepancy between in-town and high mileage numbers. Whereas I generally average 15-16MPG around town..I have gotten as high as 30MPG on the highway...but generally never get below 25 or 26MPG..

- Justin

If you get 30MPG on the highway, then you are not hitting boost at all, which is a nono with a turbo under the hood.

I've gotten 30+ MPG on a long highway run up to Northern Maine last summer....going between 70 and 75MPH..so I was definitely running "on boost" I just set the cruise control.....cranked the AC and let the car do all the work. My car isn't ALWAYS a gas hog....so long as I stay out of town and away from stoplights.. :-)

- Justin

***RALLYON***

I've gotten 30+ MPG on a long highway run up to Northern Maine last summer....going between 70 and 75MPH..so I was definitely running "on boost" I just set the cruise control.....cranked the AC and let the car do all the work. My car isn't ALWAYS a gas hog....so long as I stay out of town and away from stoplights.. :-)

- Justin

***RALLYON***

I don't think so. 80mph in 5th gear is 3000RPM and 70-75mph is like 2500-2750 which is close to no boost.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

• 1 month later...

yes i finally got my new ecm!!! i put it in here at work and had a little scare when it would NOT start...then i realized it was the immobilizer, so i registered the key and its all good now

reflashin back to stage 2 right now...

I know when I had this problem my brand spankin new just taken out of the box virgin non mated COBB accessport wouldent flash the new ECU.

There are def diffrent versions of the ECU out there. I had to send it back to cobb so that they could make the Accessport recognize the new version of the ECU.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain the whole symptom here? I read through the whole thread, and this is what I have come up with.

1) Start car, after it's been sitting for the night, -- NO A/C on, and the fans should/should not start? I gather they should not, since there's no need for this, as yet?

2) Start car, after it's been sitting for the night -- WITH A/C on, and the fans should/should not start? I gather they should start, since the A/C compressor is working to cool the car?

3) Drive to work, leave car on, open hood...with NO a/c, and I should/should not see the fans running? -- I take a moderate drive to work, some traffic, some open road, then park it.

4) Drive to work, leave car on, open hood, with A/C ON, and the fans should/should not be on? I gather they will be, since the A/C is on.

5) Lastly, no matter what, if the A/C is OFF, the fans should turn off after a few seconds/minutes, once the car is parked, but left running?

Any info. is all good. TIA!

Archived