LegacyGT.com

Cooling fan stuck on?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you sure it isnt the AWD check? When you turn the car on, or stop at a light, the car will shake and make a noise. It sounds just like the fans, but it isnt. Read your manual and it will explain. Dont worry about it. Unless you looked and it is the fans??

http://gamefest.com/images/10736875051073687505Say-What-Cover.jpg

I keed I keeed

i am finally going in on Tuesday, aside for that,

-my windshield cracked

-my passenger mirror was taken off by something flying in the air while driving -home

-my heated seats dont work:icon_mad:

My heated seats stopped working around this time last year. At first, I checked the fuse myself and noticed it was blown. I replaced it, but shortly thereafter they stopped working again. I brought the car into the dealership and they told me it was a blown fuse. When I told them I had already replaced it, they told me there were two fuses.

Needless to say, after taking it home the heated seats stopped working yet again. After returning to the dealership they determined it was a pinched wire

in the console that was causing the problem. They fixed the wire (and managed to scratch my console in the process) and the seats have been fine ever since.

Just got mine back tonight (new ECU + relays), this noise was so friggin annoying, the silence is great! On a related note, I think it's time to put the intake silencer back in...I'm a bit turned off to the loud noises now :)

are you sure it isnt the AWD check? When you turn the car on, or stop at a light, the car will shake and make a noise. It sounds just like the fans, but it isnt. Read your manual and it will explain. Dont worry about it. Unless you looked and it is the fans??

Anybody here able to translate what this guy posted? Do you even know what "AWD" is?

Just a little heads up to those with their fan stuck on. Do not...I repeat...do not plug the fan out with the outside temp any higher than 50 degrees and people in the car. You will overheat!!! This almost happened to me yesterday afternoon in traffic in Long Island. I had to put over and plug it back in to maintain coolant temp.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

BTW...I need your help guys. I was looking at the underhood fuse box and noticed something strange. There are about 2 fuses for the fans that I am a little uncertain if whether or not they are in the right spot or not. If you look under the plactic cover for the underhood fusebox there is some notes listed. One states if you have a 3.0 litre engine, use the 25 amp fuse in one spot but not another. The second note states about the same. Now do your fuses jive with what is stated on the notes. Please let me know because mine don't. This is how the car came from the dealer. I have the fuse in the slot for a 3.0 litre engine. Thanks.

well, I suppose the good news is that my annoying problem is experienced by many of you.

And the bad news is that it means an uncertain trip to the dealer and the re-installation of my stock cat, etc...

Has anyone with a fmic or sti swap gone in for this problem?

I have no problem paying for an issue that my mods cause. However, not if the issue is cronic with stock cars. A TSB would help in arguing one's case.

Here are some pics of my LHS fuse location (2.5 GT).

[ATTACH]13992[/ATTACH]

Fuse in place

[ATTACH]13993[/ATTACH]

Fuse Removed

[ATTACH]13994[/ATTACH]

Thx so much. I have to check again but I think my fuses where in the wrong place.

I don't have any engine mods, but still have the issue with the fans. I went to a dealer that is different from where I purchased my car (cause they plain SUCK) and the 'other' dealer was able to find the problem. They have ordered a new ECU, and once that comes in, they will need to keep the car for a couple of days, because of a host of other little problems (dash rattle, brake shake, stutter, and obviously the fans).

They claim that the new ECU should also fix the stutter/studder/turbo surge/etc. so I am hoping for the best. I will follow-up, once it's done. Later.

me too, its nice.

i also replaced my mirror

got my heated seats fixed

got my windshield replaced but the guy did a shitty job so now it leaks air.

now my front o2 sensor is dying cel p0131.

i am almost there:lol:

Archived