LegacyGT.com

2010 Tribeca Fail

legandrex

I know the sales of the Tribeca have been horrible and it has been a disappointing vehicle for Subaru, but I give them a major fail for putting the 06-07 wheel on the most expensive 2010 Touring Edition. According to the Subaru website they are "upgraded"...good one! I call it parts inventory control!

http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/tribeca/touring/index.html

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if the other wheel design is all that good...

As if Tribeca buyers CARE... And at least Tribeca has 5x114.3 hubs, and will fit lots of different aftermarket wheels.

But I must say, I would buy a '10 Tribeca or Forester, before buying a '10 Outback, and I would buy something other than a Subaru before buying a '10 Legacy.

Tribeca does better as a CUV than Outback does as a wagon... because now Outback is a CUV, as big as a Tribeca, and uglier at the same time.

Award winning for shitty space utilization and hard plastics! :lol:

The interior looks nice but is crap in reality.

And which Subarus haven't taken a giant step backwards in materials quality in the last couple of years? At least it isn't the new hard-plastic mall-kiosk interior that the new Outback and Legacy have.

I do wish Subaru had used Tribeca's three-LCD dial ACC more widely. It seems like it would be more intuitive than their other ACC control panels... especially if the programming is addressed competently, as well.

we love our 07 Limited. And I recently bought sets of 4 brand new 2009 wheels for winter set on ebay for $330 shipped :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

As if the other wheel design is all that good...

As if Tribeca buyers CARE... And at least Tribeca has 5x114.3 hubs, and will fit lots of different aftermarket wheels.

But I must say, I would buy a '10 Tribeca or Forester, before buying a '10 Outback, and I would buy something other than a Subaru before buying a '10 Legacy.

Tribeca does better as a CUV than Outback does as a wagon... because now Outback is a CUV, as big as a Tribeca, and uglier at the same time.

All good points.

I was in my dealership a couple weeks ago and they had a Tribeca and a Forester side by side in the showroom.

Now that the Forester has grown so much, it's very very close to the Tribeca... but of course the Tribeca looks more polished and upscale- inside and out.

I'm not surprised it doesn't sell though, as a new Forester is so much less in sticker price than a Tribeca. People won't pay that much more for a nicer interior, H6 and mini 3rd row jump seats when they can get almost as much in the Forester, at way better value.

Ours is rock solid and a great family hauler for our 4 year old and 6 month old daughters...however Subaru didn't market them at all and the initial controversial styling turned off most people. With that being said when we look to replace ours in a few years it will be near the top of my list if still available. Subaru probably thought since so few were sold in 06 & 07 they could use the same wheels for 2010 special model and nobody would notice!

And which Subarus haven't taken a giant step backwards in materials quality in the last couple of years? At least it isn't the new hard-plastic mall-kiosk interior that the new Outback and Legacy have.

Tribeca dash is all hard plastic.

Frankly, BP/BL interior was an exception. Maybe SVX interior was decent for its time. The rest always has been crap, so while post BP/BL interiors are step backward, they are inline with the company theme.

Frankly, I think we need to realize BP/BL was Subaru attempt at entry-level luxury market. It failed (in their opinion), so they backpedaled.

Frankly, I think we need to realize BP/BL was Subaru attempt at entry-level luxury market. It failed (in their opinion), so they backpedaled.

This.

The BP/BL generation Legacy and the Tribeca were supposed to be the models to take Subaru into entry-level luxury. They were great products, but now they are going after Costco of cars.

Do you not realize that Subaru has never had outstanding dashes? They have all sucked in one way or another....the tribeca actually has one of the nicer dashes and it's the rattle box that other subarus are (including the 2005-2009) legacys.

i like the current tribeca. its a nice car, but i would never buy it though. i know a bunch of people hate the new outback but i think its a way better car for the money. the tribeca looks nice in pictures, but in person, its not that nice.

i think the outback needs bigger wheels, 18's with some big tires. its a big car now and with small wheels, especially the 16's, make it look like a tall skinny kid.

I guess that pretty much sums it up. Sad, and annoying, because I love my Legacy but hate the new one. I would've stuck with Subaru, but now I'll have to save up for a BMW or something when it comes time to replace my car!

I guess that pretty much sums it up. Sad, and annoying, because I love my Legacy but hate the new one. I would've stuck with Subaru, but now I'll have to save up for a BMW or something when it comes time to replace my car!

repost

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you wanna go with BMW, make sure you save a bunch up extra for all the repairs you'll have to do.

As ugly as people here think this car is, ultimately it's a car and serves a function. One thing with Subaru is that they do make a reliable vehicle and repairs when needed are not crazy expensive.

If you wanna go with BMW, make sure you save a bunch up extra for all the repairs you'll have to do.

As ugly as people here think this car is, ultimately it's a car and serves a function. One thing with Subaru is that they do make a reliable vehicle and repairs when needed are not crazy expensive.

We'll see - with the cost cutting evident on the 2010 Legacy redesign, I wouldn't be surprised if reliability starts to suffer as well.

Archived