LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest for 2010 Legacy springs, sway bars, coilovers and struts/shocks !!

T2's are alittle more than I wanted to spend. I may want to get the T1's, I just want a stiffer ride but nothing too aggressive. and what is this with bilstein you guys are working on?

I'm still gonna do some research on coilovers and struts and springs to see what fits my driving needs. thanx for the hard work fellas!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah! I forgot that you guys were working with Bilstein to make a strut that works with the travel up front. How's that going? ;)

Very well. GTWORX( sister company) is releasing the Impreza version in late January, then we will work on the Legacy 2010 LGT version if we can get 40-50 orders together.

Fixed perch, non adjustable damping, black in color with GTWORX/by Bilstein sticker in typical Bilstein Blue. Very stealth. Firm damping with SPORT valving. M5/M3 like valving and feel. Can be used with stock springs or RCE lowering springs.

Myles

T2's are alittle more than I wanted to spend. I may want to get the T1's, I just want a stiffer ride but nothing too aggressive. and what is this with bilstein you guys are working on?

I'm still gonna do some research on coilovers and struts and springs to see what fits my driving needs. thanx for the hard work fellas!

no worries,...you will like the GTWORX/Bilsteins. Affordable, functional, wont void your warranty as its OEM like fitment and stealth color wont draw attention to your car at the dealer.

Hang in there......;)

( no pun intended).

Myles

ok maybe a little bit......lol

999 for the bilsteins :eek:

well a small amount of reseach yields that for the IMPREZA Prodrive always had the strong hold on any Impreza Bilstein fixed perch since 1995 and then the price was TWICE that then escalated to 2600.00 !!

There are no current plans for Bilstein USA to make a shock for this car(due to NO spec-b in the states for this model )...so small production runs means having to IMPORT the shocks form Japan, which comes out to about 1500.00 US BEFORE shipping and waiting 90 days)

Now that reverse devil amount isnt too bad.......IF someone wants a good solid shock with warranty, rebuildable in the USA and performs VERY well and gives you the option to use ANY spring you want.

Just a thought. I did some homework on it.

RCE

Well that price may seem steep it's not far off from a good Bilstein shock. I had their 5100 series on a one-ton truck and made the world of difference in ride quality. You get what you pay for :)

Unfortunately at that price I'll have to ride the stock struts for a bit longer :(

it does.

YAY.

Alaska huh?

Mw:)

yuppers. :) thanks for the confirmation. I assumed so reading thru the thread from your other posts, but that makes it a little less guessing. now, the next question will be about the endlinks and front sway bar.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

this is an instant where parking is scarce, and what i have to do to get a parking spot.... this is what im afraid of happening if and when i do decide to drop her 8(

i guess its a give and take.. btw Myles, are u going to be doing/know if any of your products will fit on the 2.5 non turbo?

IMG_0349.thumb.jpg.ff79669a6d3f02587d4da1f81ece0b04.jpg

IMG_0350.thumb.jpg.787d2064ac97f4365c7a095c5af986ed.jpg

this is an instant where parking is scarce, and what i have to do to get a parking spot.... this is what im afraid of happening if and when i do decide to drop her 8(

i guess its a give and take.. btw Myles, are u going to be doing/know if any of your products will fit on the 2.5 non turbo?

Sways yes, coilovers yes. Springs will "FIT" but we dont know how good or bad the 2.5i shocks are.

TBD.

Myles

that sucks dude, get a bigger stall i guess lol

• 3 weeks later...
What suspension modifications would you guys like to see? We are already working on sways, springs and shocks for the 2010. Coilover options are already there with some rear revalving efforts, so let us know and we will start focusing our efforts in those areas.

Myles Williams

Racecomp Engineering LLC.

Hey Myles-

Any interest in building some of these things for the 4th generation Outbacks?? Seems to me you've got quite an untapped market with zero competition right at your finger tips. Even amongst non-enthusiastic drivers, I'd venture to say that **most** owners would gladly pay a few bucks more for upgraded shocks/springs than replacing with crap OEM if it meant having their cars handle more normally. And I'm one of them.

Tim

I'd be interested in the bilsteins for the 2010 LGT. Maybe springs as well, as long as they don't lower more than 0.5 inch. . . I'm tired of having a car that's too low.

If I get 25 people who want Bilsteins I can do it and do it by July 1st. I just dont see that happening at this point based on feedback etc.

Myles

Hey Myles-

Any interest in building some of these things for the 4th generation Outbacks?? Seems to me you've got quite an untapped market with zero competition right at your finger tips. Even amongst non-enthusiastic drivers, I'd venture to say that **most** owners would gladly pay a few bucks more for upgraded shocks/springs than replacing with crap OEM if it meant having their cars handle more normally. And I'm one of them.

Tim

Well Bilstein already makes a shock for your car so its not needed and there are less and less people with the 4th gen cars who want function. I tried to do springs and it didnt work out. Too many variables for usage and shocks and heights.

Myles

How many people who be interested....as in REALLY interested in GTWORX/Bilstein sport shocks for the 2010 LEG GT or LEG 2.5? What I mean is if we make it you would buy it and jump on a pre-order list. Reason is if there is actuall interest...we can do it. Price point is under a grand( by a dollar). And before someone starts saying thats alot consider my post many pages prior about WHY the gen 4 cars are only 700. ( its due to the Spec-B already being on the market and the production runs that were made for the cars). So when you start from stratch cost are more. Its that simple. So with that said..let me know and remember I am looking for actual interest for the next 90 days, not the end of the year or next year. To launch this we need real interest.

This is a market test to see if there are enough car/owners out there yet who would want this.

Myles

PS . we are talki g shocks only. For springs you could run stock, or we can make a conservative drop spring etc.

Archived