LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest for 2010 Legacy springs, sway bars, coilovers and struts/shocks !!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still don't see these on your website either.

I think stock in the rear are what? 16mm? I'm no auto expert, but going to 22mm, that seems like a huge increase anyone on here have these on their car yet?

Well you own the car, does it need chassis roll reduction? How do you expect to control that roll that it exibits? Not being a dick or anything but in one breath you question it yet you know the car leans BADLY. Adding a bar that is 2mm thicker wont begin to skim the surface.

Any long wheelbase factory AWD car will have built in understeer from the factory as a safe gaurd.

Our plans are to increase the front bar diameter and the rear bar diameter. But replacing the rear bar and leaving it on the soft setting would be a nice start.

No we havent put it on our site yet. we have a few things in the works for the 2010 LGT and will add it all at once.

Myles

Well you own the car, does it need chassis roll reduction? How do you expect to control that roll that it exibits? Not being a dick or anything but in one breath you question it yet you know the car leans BADLY. Adding a bar that is 2mm thicker wont begin to skim the surface.

Any long wheelbase factory AWD car will have built in understeer from the factory as a safe gaurd.

Our plans are to increase the front bar diameter and the rear bar diameter. But replacing the rear bar and leaving it on the soft setting would be a nice start.

No we havent put it on our site yet. we have a few things in the works for the 2010 LGT and will add it all at once.

Myles

Well I for one am looking forward to improving my suspension. So if that means replacing both front and rear bars, then I am there.:spin:
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Myles

How about I rephrase my question:

For the 2009 lgt, I found a couple manufacturers with rear sways, rallitek: 19mm, Whiteline: 20mm. Again as a person with limited automotive knowledge, especially in regards to suspension modifications: I think (but having never driven a car day to day that have aftermarket bars) that one thing a sway bar does is potentially increase the transfer of road bumps, etc to the other wheel and into the passenger compartment, and that effect increases with the thinkness/stiffness of the sway bar itself. I do not know if adding something like this will help the handling of the car while being a detrement to the ride quality of the car, and if adding a sway bar that is over 25% larger than stock will amplify the negative effects more so than a bar that is only slightly larger than stock (while offering only a modest decrease in body roll compared to a bar that is slightly larger than stock). In a more simple way, since you guys know much more about suspension than I ever will, at what point does a sway bar become TOO large/stiff and the negatives outweigh the positives?

dude.... this question is rough. just too many variables including the biggest one which is individual preference. you might get into my car right now and say it rides like shit. I would then kick you out on the next corner and tell you to go scratch but i'm sure you get it.

some light reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sway_bar

For what it's worth, when I went from stock to my Cobb sway bar setup on my 05, the handling improved quite a bit and there was only a slight increase in ride harshness. The increase in handling was worth it to give up a bit of comfort. After that, I switched tires from All Season Goodyears to All Season Yokohamas, and that softened up the ride a bit as well. So net net, I'm not all THAT much more harsh than stock, with the added benefit of more level cornering.

You aftermarket guys need to hurry up.. Summer is almost here..

This link explains the negatives of too stiff a bar pretty well.

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling_antiroll

As with all good things, more is better only to a point. Because the anti-roll bar connects the left and right sides, this reduces the independence of independent suspension. Too stiff a bar, and you can cause too much loss in the ability of the left or the right wheel to independently respond to road surface imperfections. The purpose of suspension is to maintain maximum tire contact with the road. The purpose of independent suspension is to allow the left and right wheels to each seek that contact separately. The left wheel may need to be going down when the right needs to be going up. If they were tied together as with the old floating rear axles, one or both of the wheels is not achieving maximum contact. In fact, too stiff an anti-roll bar can actually cause an inside wheel to lift completely off the ground during hard cornering.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey RCE,

I'm looking to get sways & endlinks for the front and rear of the wifes new 3.6R LTD.

I see nothing for the car on your site...... yet quite a bit of info in this thread. :confused:

Could you let me know price and availability of these parts please?

We plan to buy the car at the end of the lease (I work at the dealer so the buyout is REALLY low :)) I'm going to mod it slowly untill we buy it.

Rallitek has a rear (only at this time) sway and endlink kit out and I'd like to try to compare the manufactures specs on what's available before I decide which ones to go with.

Thanks in advance,

Rob W.

We are adding the rear sway we have now to the site within 48 hrs. We have our STI/ WRX rear sway which fits this car and Kartboy rear links as well. Our front bar is in development for this car as we speak. No eta yet.

SPrings are also in development too. No eta.

Shocks are in the works as well. No eta.

Myles

• 1 month later...

Archived