LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest for 2010 Legacy springs, sway bars, coilovers and struts/shocks !!

Myles,

Excellent work :):):) You have captured all of the inputs to retain a DD feel while providing better handling performance. The drop is suble but noticable. The comments from your very intuative wife is a testimony of the accomplishment!! Did you also have one of your RSBs installed?

Waterplay, your description of why you want these springs is identical to mine (I also drive 110 mile daily). Looking forward to future posts and availalbility.

My brother has a few 928s and attends the yearly "Sharks in the Mountains" in NC (June 2011). He and a few other owners have asked me to hang with this group with the LGT. The timeliness of these springs may be difference between driver or navigator!!

Myles, can't remember, are you thinking of a group buy to keep things rolling? If so, count me!! ((edit) OK, saw in the other thread, call for pre order, 4-6 weeks. How may pre orders do you need to move forward?)

Thanks for the kind words.

We hope to have these done by xmas time!

Yes we need 25 pre-orders to do a production run of these so if anyone is interested please call or email us so we can get your pre-order. This is crucial as without the interest we dont do it.

I did not install our RSB for 2 reasons, 1. we were out of stock. 2. I wanted to get a real feel for the overall balance of the car AT the limit with just the springs. I wanted the car to be SUPER neutral at the limit.

With Dave's help we will install the front and rear sways when the front comes available in a few weeks.

Myles

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Bumping this thread due to continued interest in the shocks and questions on the springs.

This thread is long at times but has some great nuggets of data.

If you're someone on the fence about getting the springs and shocks, then this thread along with the the shock thread are not to be skipped.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I miss these dampers. You guys are going to LOVE how your "NEW" LGT handles once you put these on! If there's one mod i've ever done to completely transform the way any of my cars/bikes handles, it's this one! Your sailboat will turn into a competent and confident cornering machine instantaneously!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Hi does anyone know of what other shocks I can use to raise my legacy..I've been looking but I see all the high performance shocks for sport but I dnt need to spend thousands..tnx

I kind of remember seeing a thread where someone used outback springs/struts to raise their legacy, but there's a boat load of other bits that need to be swapped as well. Definitely not cheap.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Holy bump from the dead Batman!!! :lol:

This would be about your only option aside from full aftermarket rally suspension and will raise you up about 2-3".

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/project-legacy-gt-outback-begins-244041.html?t=244041&highlight=gt+outback

Alternatively, you could go with tophat spacers if all you want is 1" or so of lift.

Archived