LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest for 2010 Legacy springs, sway bars, coilovers and struts/shocks !!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I will spend $150 - $250 for lowering springs that give around a 1" drop..

good luck with that price point AND lowering the car literally within 15mm( front) of the bump stops.....which is what 25.4mm drop does. At static ride height you will be riding on the bump stops in the rear and within 15mm in the front of the bump stops. The car has about 2inches of droop but falls very short on bump travel.

And most springs in that price range dont increase the rates much either.

But if looks is what you are after, then mission accomplished.

Myles

good luck with that price point AND lowering the car literally within 15mm( front) of the bump stops.....which is what 25.4mm drop does. At static ride height you will be riding on the bump stops in the rear and within 15mm in the front of the bump stops. The car has about 2inches of droop but falls very short on bump travel.

And most springs in that price range dont increase the rates much either.

But if looks is what you are after, then mission accomplished.

Myles

I'll hack up the car to get the look I want.

but i'm not spending $3k on shocks/springs just not worth it.. I don't take it to the track.. I drive in city traffic..

I'll hack up the car to get the look I want.

but i'm not spending $3k on shocks/springs just not worth it.. I don't take it to the track.. I drive in city traffic..

I think that's what he was trying to say, if I understand correctly, that you will get the look you want, but the ride may be more of a track versus city traffic ride.

Actually not trying to sell anything...more so informing people in general that ride quality and aggressive lowering are not reality.

If anything wait until there are a conservative drop spring on the market like 15mm.

Thats all.

Mw

Well I want to buy so I want you to sell products I want and can afford. :)

15mm is not a drop.

Every car has lowering springs that lower the car more than that.. So i'll just hope the 2010 picks up the same aftermarket support..

I find the ride right now very bumpy and bouncy.. So i'm not worried about an aftermarket lowering spring..

Well I want to buy so I want you to sell products I want and can afford. :)

15mm is not a drop.

Every car has lowering springs that lower the car more than that.. So i'll just hope the 2010 picks up the same aftermarket support..

I find the ride right now very bumpy and bouncy.. So i'm not worried about an aftermarket lowering spring..

have you ever had a slammed car??? its sick to look at but a pain in the ass to drive. this is my last car, i sold it cause i ripped up the front fenders, cracked the paint on them, and they began to rust from underneath. it had BC coilovers which i hated as well. it was actually ALOT lower than it looks in the pics. . . .

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/boni_dan/102_1964.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/boni_dan/102_1976.jpg

now i stick to mod'n suspensions like this :D

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/boni_dan/IMG_0503.jpg

Yeah I've done that on a couple of trucks. Funny how trucks go up and cars go down. I mean, the average truck lift is anywhere from 4" to 6" and tires that are anywhere from 2" to 4" in diameter larger. Whereas cars, lowered down 1" to 2" and not much to change in tires other than width.

have you ever had a slammed car??? its sick to look at but a pain in the ass to drive. this is my last car, i sold it cause i ripped up the front fenders, cracked the paint on them, and they began to rust from underneath. it had BC coilovers which i hated as well. it was actually ALOT lower than it looks in the pics. . . .

now i stick to mod'n suspensions like this :D

Damn that Impreza is beautiful.

I've never owned a car that low but every car i've owned has been dropped 1 - 2" just on springs.

This car desperately needs a drop it looks goofy..

Damn that Impreza is beautiful.

I've never owned a car that low but every car i've owned has been dropped 1 - 2" just on springs.

This car desperately needs a drop it looks goofy..

haha thanks, should have seen it with these on there . . .

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/boni_dan/redwheel.jpg

unfortunately thats the only crappy cel pic i have of my beloved red wheels :mad: anyways, cars definately look sick slammed to the ground, but its tough. i trashed my $500 carbon lip, killed my fenders, and couldnt drive down bumpy roads. definately awesome but it comes with a price

hey MW, how is the coilovers coming along? after seein subielovers car and the price they will do it for got me thinking about doing it in the future. and will 15mm really do anything for stiffer suspension? I ask because I don't really know much about suspension systems.

side note: I drove a 2010 Audi 2.0T avant (wagon) And was suprised how sporty it felt, I want my car too fell like that, sporty yet acceptable to drive all seasons along with so spirited driving. I know it's a German car, and of course spending 42k on that type of car will def. get what I want but I just want to see what you may have as options. thanx

hey MW, how is the coilovers coming along? after seein subielovers car and the price they will do it for got me thinking about doing it in the future. and will 15mm really do anything for stiffer suspension? I ask because I don't really know much about suspension systems.

side note: I drove a 2010 Audi 2.0T avant (wagon) And was suprised how sporty it felt, I want my car too fell like that, sporty yet acceptable to drive all seasons along with so spirited driving. I know it's a German car, and of course spending 42k on that type of car will def. get what I want but I just want to see what you may have as options. thanx

We are installing a set this weekend. Will update with pics.

Yes, 15mm does improve handling. Most of what you feel in that Avant are good shocks. Actual good dampers. The other thing that you felt was a good shock+ travel, something that gets tossed out the window when the car is slammed.

Mw

Myles,

It is great to see you taking interest in this car. You sold me some KW Variant coilovers for my 04 STi, and they were dynamite. They did great things for the handling, but more surprising was the ride was much better then stock or the STi coilovers or stock shocks. Also no more of the dreaded rear clucking that KYB upside downs seemed to be notorious for.

I have been in my LGT for a couple weeks now, and its handling is surprising considering the size. It isn't an STi, but it keeps me smiling corner after corner. I look forward to see what you come up with. Personally I think the ride height looks fine, and I would prefer to keep the clearance. I drive deep snow in the rockies quite a bit, and rocks seem to find their way onto the road and become buried. If you find some good shocks and perhaps a swaybar that improves handling yet maintains a decent ride, I would be interested. Thanks for the effort you put into finding the right components for these Subaru's

Myles,

It is great to see you taking interest in this car. You sold me some KW Variant coilovers for my 04 STi, and they were dynamite. They did great things for the handling, but more surprising was the ride was much better then stock or the STi coilovers or stock shocks. Also no more of the dreaded rear clucking that KYB upside downs seemed to be notorious for.

I have been in my LGT for a couple weeks now, and its handling is surprising considering the size. It isn't an STi, but it keeps me smiling corner after corner. I look forward to see what you come up with. Personally I think the ride height looks fine, and I would prefer to keep the clearance. I drive deep snow in the rockies quite a bit, and rocks seem to find their way onto the road and become buried. If you find some good shocks and perhaps a swaybar that improves handling yet maintains a decent ride, I would be interested. Thanks for the effort you put into finding the right components for these Subaru's

Thanks for the kind words. All I have been doing is monitoring the owners of these new cars and it seems that far more people need to keep the functionality of their cars rather than lower them to the point of bouncing around and or not having clearance/travel for snow, bumps, normal activities. So thats the area we wlll focus on.

Myles

What suspension modifications would you guys like to see? We are already working on sways, springs and shocks for the 2010. Coilover options are already there with some rear revalving efforts, so let us know and we will start focusing our efforts in those areas.

Myles Williams

Racecomp Engineering LLC.

Personally I would like to see better front and rear strut braces than the factory front strut brace. Looked a little cheesy to me so I passed on it and figured I would give the aftermarket some time. The idea of slightly stronger sway bars interests me too. The 3.6R doesn't have much lean compared to other cars out there, but less is always better!

Archived