LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest for 2010 Legacy springs, sway bars, coilovers and struts/shocks !!

hey myles. . . if you look a few posts down in the forum, there is a dude testing the avo catback on the new legacy. i noticed he has bilsteins on that car. any idea whats up with that set up or what exactly that set up is?

Its available in Japan at a CRAZY premium. We are working on getting a sport version here very soon. Dont know if there is enough real world interest though to make it happen in the states within this small niche market.

Myles

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So about $340. I guess I'm just trying to figure out whether you're saying that those work, or that you need interest from 20 people to get the proper(fitment) springs manufactured.

Bryan

I am saying that price point only, as we will develope springs for the 2010 specific car.

Myles:)

ps: if anyone is interested email me and I will start a list. The sooner and closer we get to 20-25 orders the sooner I jump on this FULL BORE. My feeling is that there are not enough LGT10 owners who want springs...LET ALONE a mild 15mm-ish drop. Prove me wrong pleeeze !!:)

racecompengineer@aol.com

My feeling on the coilovers is that 1 in 25 LGT10 owners will actually want or NEED a 2 way like what Rutchard bought. MOST....will onoy need a single adjustable shock like we have for the 05-09 LGT which adjust rebound only. This is a simple adjustment and doesnt require any understanding of what the car is really doing. You want it softer....turn the rebound down, you want it firmer....turn it up.

With a 2 way you do need to know whats going on. In this case I set the shocks ahead of time and Rutchard loves it !! Those are settings I found to work VERY WELL in about 98% of the conditions. Granted we would probably ship the shocks already assembled with the settings set and ride height set like we do now with the older cars AND with the Impreza's.

Price point would be higher too, more than 2k for the final product versus way under 2 k for a single adjustable.

something to think about for you guys.

Myles

Ok, so for a complete novice, the grey car you have pictured, is that a spring only drop? You just put the new springs in, and kept everything the same? I guess what is throwing me off is what you said about adjusting the shocks. I'm sorry, I am a novice when it comes to this stuff. Seems like you have multiple options to get a smallish drop and improve handling, I'm confused now as to which option we're talking about and the price of each option. If the drop of the grey GT you have pictured can be done without too much of a hassle and at the very least won't be a detriment to the cars handling, for about $350,I'd be interested. This isn't a car I would want dropped to the max, but a little lower would be awesome.

Ok, so for a complete novice, the grey car you have pictured, is that a spring only drop? You just put the new springs in, and kept everything the same? I guess what is throwing me off is what you said about adjusting the shocks. I'm sorry, I am a novice when it comes to this stuff. Seems like you have multiple options to get a smallish drop and improve handling, I'm confused now as to which option we're talking about and the price of each option. If the drop of the grey GT you have pictured can be done without too much of a hassle and at the very least won't be a detriment to the cars handling, for about $350,I'd be interested. This isn't a car I would want dropped to the max, but a little lower would be awesome.

What he said. . .

Option 1

Yet-to-be-developed Springs

-Small drop, functional spring rates, works with stock struts

-~$400

Option 2 (Yet to be developed)

Tarmac 1 Coilovers

-varying degrees of ride height available, dampening adjustment, complete replacement of struts/springs, one-way adjustable

-~$1800

Option 3 (pretty much available now)

Tarmac 2 Coilovers

-varying degrees of ride height available, dampening adjustment, complete replacement of struts/springs, two-way adjustable

-~$2000+

Option 1

Yet-to-be-developed Springs

-Small drop, functional spring rates, works with stock struts

-~$339ish

Option 2 (Yet to be developed)

Tarmac 1 Coilovers

-varying degrees of ride height available, dampening adjustment, complete replacement of struts/springs, one-way adjustable

-~$1800

Option 3 (pretty much available now)

Tarmac 2 Coilovers

-varying degrees of ride height available, dampening adjustment, complete replacement of struts/springs, two-way adjustable

-~$2200ish+

thanks AND fixed ! ;)

mw

Archived