LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest for 2010 Legacy springs, sway bars, coilovers and struts/shocks !!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for a car like the 2010 legacy that rides so plush and smooth, i think the best spring would be just *barely* stiffer than factory and only have like a .5" drop at the most. but thats just me and im sure alot of people who buy springs would not be interested in something like that. i basically want a spring that would be similar to a factory performance spring

Would it be possible to get a set of T2's sprung/valved a little softer than normal? I'd like to keep the ride smooth since this isn't my track car ;) Also curious how much room there is for ride height adjustment with these.

yes that is possible with what i am working on now. Let me know your time frame.

Myles

for a car like the 2010 legacy that rides so plush and smooth, i think the best spring would be just *barely* stiffer than factory and only have like a .5" drop at the most. but thats just me and im sure alot of people who buy springs would not be interested in something like that. i basically want a spring that would be similar to a factory performance spring

I have to disagree with that because this new chassis( IMPREZA/LEGACY) is very travel challenged and so lowering 12mm with barely stiffer springs will render a car that bounces off the bump stops and handles WORSE than stock. That same philosophy has been used by various companies that only focus on looks and not handling.

We are working on springs for this car, but to be used with shocks for it also. The stock shocks will be dyno-ed within a few weeks.

Our purpose is to offer a combo that improves handling and doesnt take away from comfort. This can be done with proper valving and good spring rates.

Myles

Any estimates when you guys will be releasing actual production products for the 2010? I know you mention the coilovers for the 08 Impreza fit, but still interested in the products designed/engineered for our cars.

Well consider that BOTH cars have the same motion ratio front and rear. Both share the same sway bars, and the corner weights are only off by about 30lbs per corner. Its more than just "FIT". Sub frames are the same, shock mounts are the same, the list goes on and on. I did my homework about 9 months ago on the car.

Myles

I have to disagree with that because this new chassis( IMPREZA/LEGACY) is very travel challenged and so lowering 12mm with barely stiffer springs will render a car that bounces off the bump stops and handles WORSE than stock. That same philosophy has been used by various companies that only focus on looks and not handling.

We are working on springs for this car, but to be used with shocks for it also. The stock shocks will be dyno-ed within a few weeks.

Our purpose is to offer a combo that improves handling and doesnt take away from comfort. This can be done with proper valving and good spring rates.

Myles

fair enough. thats why your the engineer and im just a dude lol

I'm not sure just putting in some lowering springs would be the best thing.... You still still have soft progressive struts.....

I have a set of stock shocks already and are dynoing them after Sema. If the valving is the same as the STI.....then yes lowering springs ( a little bit) will work fine. OTher wise we have springs in the works and shocks !!

Myles

PS. I BADLY need a local ( maryland with a GT or V6 to let us test fit some springs.

just curious, but why do you say if the valving in the shocks is the same as the sti? are they supposed to be nice factory shocks on the new legacy?

Factory STI shocks are valved VERY WELL and work for the STI guys with our Regular Guy lowering springs ( 5mm drop) , gain travel with our shorter firmer bump stops and improve hanlding ALOT. Subaru is cheap and in their history they have a tendency to reuse ALOT of shocks , valving and springs. Since the 2 cars weights are close and the Legacy has a trunk I could very well see them doing this.

Hope that explains it.

Myles

Factory STI shocks are valved VERY WELL and work for the STI guys with our Regular Guy lowering springs ( 5mm drop) , gain travel with our shorter firmer bump stops and improve hanlding ALOT. Subaru is cheap and in their history they have a tendency to reuse ALOT of shocks , valving and springs. Since the 2 cars weights are close and the Legacy has a trunk I could very well see them doing this.

Hope that explains it.

Myles

yep explains it perfectly :D i just like to ask questions;)

Archived