LegacyGT.com

Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from the Midwest I am unfortunately not well versed in the crab cleaning/ cracking, but I am definitely up for attending and trying it out.

If you hook me up with a crab (yeah...I know that sounds weird...LOL), I'll make you a pro. All you'll need is a good metal knife. A nut cracker is optional, a mallet is stupid.

I would love to go, but I am allergic to the iodine...I thought we were going to have a meet at the Dogfish Head Ale Brew Pub in Chantilly for the NoVa folks......

I am also up for this, as it would definitely make for a shorter drive.

So October 17th. not sur eon time but afternoon/evening trip to HARRIS' CRAB HOUSE???

WHo is in?

1)Joshua LegacyGTBiggie +4(wife/brother/brothers gf/wifes father)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Feel free to invite GF/wives/husbands/BFs/Kids. But please include them when filling out the list as I will be calling ahead to try and reserve a table and would need a accurate account.

Cut and paste to add myself, this is assuming I get my axle fixed prior. Looks like the DIY meet is the day before

So October 17th. not sur eon time but afternoon/evening trip to HARRIS' CRAB HOUSE???

WHo is in?

2)TheWeatherWarrior (aka Jason)...sadly, no gf, thankfully, no kids...LOL.

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Feel free to invite GF/wives/husbands/BFs/Kids. But please include them when filling out the list as I will be calling ahead to try and reserve a table and would need a accurate account.

So October 17th. not sure on time but afternoon/evening trip to HARRIS' CRAB HOUSE???

WHo is in? TOTAL = 6 <-- update

2)TheWeatherWarrior (aka Jason)...sadly, no gf, thankfully, no kids...LOL.

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Feel free to invite GF/wives/husbands/BFs/Kids. But please include them when filling out the list as I will be calling ahead to try and reserve a table and would need a accurate account

Cut and paste to add myself, this is assuming I get my axle fixed prior. Looks like the DIY meet is the day before

This may be tricky, but very doable. Luckily there is staff on site that can help us out if it gets sticky. But the only thing that I can see getting our way is having enough tools.

Early afternoon is best for Harris. I tend to find the crowd is minimal and service the best (as well as bigger crabs) if you start between 11am and 2pm. 3pm the crowds start filling in quickly. I hope it'll be warm enough. Never been this late in the season...unless we stay inside. I certainly say we should try to reserve some space upstairs.

Upstairs is not as nice to me. I prefer inside downstairs along the windows.

First thing is first... I need a head count!

Yeah. No point of doing it if just a couple folks show. I'm going to meet people and be social, not so much for the crabs (budget issues).

Luckily they have other stuff.

Upstairs has the scenery and is open and well lit. Downstairs always seem dingy to me, but I'm not that hard up about it either...as I said, more about meeting folks...hopefully some new faces over that side of pond.

I think I'm gonna bail too...just not enough cash really. Need to stick with all extra funds going toward making more money.

We should consider doing a Holiday gathering, maybe a prepaid deal or something. Perhaps even getting some of the local shops involved and doing a charity thing with it. Nothing overly complicated, just a dinner gathering and gathering of cars. Probably need a individual thread if folks like the idea.

Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

...and still today (Saturday), my right foot swelled up from gout. I am in pain and on crutches. Was suppose to go shooting at my farm Sunday with my friend. He has a few new pieces. I don't think I will be able to make it to that either. GOUT SUCKS! Harry...don't say it!

CK

...I can't eat crabs too! Or any hardshell food for that matter. They have a hi dose of purine which turns to uric acid. This is the main cause of a gout attack. Sushi(fish) is different! ;) ...and TheWeatherWarrior, dont let $$$ stop you, we can all pitch in a little to cover or one of us can treat you. When you do have some extra cash, treat us back! That's the asian way,not the dutch way! No offense to all.the dutchess in this forum...peace!

CK