LegacyGT.com

Legacy Lips and Trunk Spoliers - D2 Orders Being Cleared Up

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know exactly how you feel. I got scammed recently over on NASIOC. the guy had 15 positive feedback and was well liked. $550 probably gone. If it's not here on Monday, I'm calling my credit card company, as a last ditch effort. I suggest you do the same.

Edit: Does anyone know if an Amex Gold Card covers something as far off as sending money to random internet scammers? Is there a specific set of things you do say and don't say? TIA!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

What I'm saying is if you paid him via paypal, but the source of funds was a credit card, while paypal was just the teller, then would you be able to get your money back from your wonderful credit card company? I think it is a legitimate question.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I posted a couple times on toronto subaru club to see if VK will respond there.

And I finally got an email back from patriki:

First of all, I do not appreciate the language of choice you selected to contact me with.

Second of all, I do not appreciate the personal attacks at me.

Third of all, if you are going to contact me in such way and think that I will be inclined to help your situation any further than I already have, you are wrong. Think again next time before writing any emails to me or any other form of correspondence.

Please refrain from any further contact with me. I have set up that a different vendor take care of these orders further. Please respect that and deal with the new vendor directly as I have zero control over their operations.

Thank you.

Alex Patriki

First, according to any western law, the buyer needs to consent to a switch of seller liability, or the original seller is technically still liable. Agency law. The new seller is effectively an extension of the old seller, and is legally bound.

Second, point out the stress and anguish he has caused to good, trusting people who put their trust in the seller.

Third, his striking lack of personal responsibility is a failure unto himself, his parents and anyone else who raised him, and no one else.

He has already made up his mind to not give you anything. If ANYONE is close to him, file in small claims court, and have people sign the suit via fax/mail. Email him a copy of the suit. Tell him you will never ever ever go away. Good luck.

the thing is alot of us paid Alex Patriki back in June via paypal. Its way too late to file a dispute through paypal.

Good luck in getting your situation figured out.

Paypal may be too late but not if you used your credit card or even went through your bank. I would contact either one of those places. I had something like this that went with some cams for my previous car and it was 3 months out and I got my money back. Best of luck.

Just got an email back from VK:

"I'm looking to tackle the Legacy stuff beginning of January. Right now I have lots to do in the shop to catch up on my back orders and the 08+ STi stuff was before the Legacy stuff, so it fairness I have to finish up with that. Let everyone know I'm not leaving them hanging, but working hard in the shop to get to their stuff asap :)"

Just to keep you folks posted!

Just got an email back from VK:

"I'm looking to tackle the Legacy stuff beginning of January. Right now I have lots to do in the shop to catch up on my back orders and the 08+ STi stuff was before the Legacy stuff, so it fairness I have to finish up with that. Let everyone know I'm not leaving them hanging, but working hard in the shop to get to their stuff asap :)"

Just to keep you folks posted!

yeah, have heard all that before. I did not get an email back. I don't see why it should be up to us, to keep our other fellow members updated. How hard is it for VK to logon and write a paragraph every couple of weeks? Can't be that damn hard.

I know for me, it would be much less stressful to hear from the vendor directly on the status. It's been 7 months since I paid for a lip and yes I'm pissed and yes I'm antsy and yes I expect to hear updates from VK occasionally on the status of it.

yeah, have heard all that before. I did not get an email back. I don't see why it should be up to us, to keep our other fellow members updated. How hard is it for VK to logon and write a paragraph every couple of weeks? Can't be that damn hard.

I know for me, it would be much less stressful to hear from the vendor directly on the status. It's been 7 months since I paid for a lip and yes I'm pissed and yes I'm antsy and yes I expect to hear updates from VK occasionally on the status of it.

True, but at the same time, I'm glad that there is AT LEAST someone willing to deal with some (to say the least) unhappy customers and clean up after patriki's mess.

• 3 weeks later...

It was mentioned that a few people received damaged lips that were not useable. Is anyone on that list interested in selling one of them? I recently finally broke my D2 lip, I want another one, even if it means having to fix the lip as mine broke completely in the last snow that we had. Please shoot me a pm if interested.

It sucks the way things turned out with this whole situation I think I was the last one to actually get a lip before D2 went under and although the quality wasn't the best, and neither was fitment, the construction of it held up surprisingly well especially considering mine got more daily abuse than anyone elses. I really hope all this gets figured out and someone else starts to produce it again and finally makes it right for all those who have been so patiently waiting for something after so long.

I only care about this because I was just scammed; it's a soar subject at the moment. I believe it comes down to one thing:

He does not care about you.

As follow-up (I know it does not have anything to do with D2), I finally got the item I was scammed on. My point in mentioning it is that I got it by hastling the piss out of the guy, got some information on him, got other people to put pressure and give me information, and long story short he buckled and made it right with me. All I'm saying is if you can motivate him without pushing him away, you might have a better chance. People get really uncomfortable when other people start digging into your life. At any rate, I hope you guys get what's yours.

Archived