Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one for the first production.

I'll let you know how it works !!

Cant wait to ditch that stupid FM transmitter.

I also bought one!! Payment sent and waiting to get it in the mail!!

I'll also report back and make a good review about it!

JP

Would this unit allow for the steering wheel controls to work ie volume, mute, etc...?

Answer: no! Just buy a steering wheel with control buttons on it!

Update: I should be able to upload the english manual by the end of the week. That will help you out! :)

For those who have a single cd player (Legacy 2.5i), the aux in will not work when the radio is in am/fm mode, but only when playing a cd (I can be any type of cd). I don't know why there's a difference between the 6 and single cd :confused:

Hey...um I don't quite get you respose since I do have a car with steering wheel controls on it (06 spec b)

Can you please clarify? Thanks

Okay, then I'm sorry! I can't see your car from here :rolleyes:. If you already have the steering controls, I don't see why they would stop working with the aux aux in. My module is using the cd changer lines, no any other external lines (as the ones for the steering controls).

great! I was waiting for the English manual.

I'm going to use paypal but I don't see your email address (unless I'm just blind :))

Send me a pm with your shipping adress and your email, I will send you a price including shipping.

Send me a pm with your shipping adress and your email, I will send you a price including shipping.

I never got a paypal link after I sent my address and email...:confused:

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I have a little (very little ) warning to those who have their aux in already shipped. I suggest you to test the stereo cable before installing everyhing. I have someone that told me that his cable was broken.

I want you to know that the audio cables that included with my aux in are new, so , because of, that I have not tested them. I was assuming them functionnal since they are new. For the shipping to come, I will test each cable individually to make shure everything works.

Regards,

Sebastien

To all of those who have ordered. Please advise when you receive your package, and please post (good) comments! :)

Almost 20 units sold up to now! Sa se vend comme des petits pains chaud! hahaha! lol! :)

OK !!! Very nice, just installed today (by someone else who as already do it few days ago) and it work as described.

With the switch in the middle position, if the FM is playing, you power on your I-pod (or any MP3 player cause it use the headphone output) and it switch for the Ipod even if the display of the stereo is showing the FM station.

When you power off the MP3 player in the auto mode (middle), it take few seconds to switch back to the FM or AM but is you hit the switch to the off position, no waiting.

Also, there is the ON position wich is the same as AUTO but never go back to FM is the MP3 player is off.

The sound is excellent for my taste, some may say that its better with the other jack for the I-pod, but I think it's better with an headphone jack cause your able to use any kind of MP3 player. Also, you can charge the player while listening with a car charger.

Another good thing is there is no need for a ''silent CD'' like the Jassy aux-in.

It just take time (around 2-1/2 hrs) some good patience, and the tools described. (wich I dont have, but the other guy propose to do it for me)

But I would only suggest to Redfloyd better package for shipping, cause those board can be damage in the shipping process.

Edited by steph01

Hi everyone!

I still have 10 boards left. Those who are thinking about getting one, it is the time. When all boards will be sold, it will take about 2 months before I will have other units availlable.

The price is usually around 113,40$ CAN shipping to USA included. The kit include the aux in board, the remote switch with it's cable and a high quality, sheilded 3.5mm audio cable.

Add your name at this message if you want one.

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -