LegacyGT.com

I have in my posession, a 2010 Legacy.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the King of ALL cars. :)

And the last of it's kind. Hurry and get one if you haven't already. Rumor is they'll be worth $50k by the time the 2010 hits the streets. :eek:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Pretty sad when a 20 something lust's after a big boat Avalon. Hey, at least the back seat was big...

Back in my day it was 1970 Hemi Cuda's, Superbirds, Z28's, Boss 302's or Boss 429's, LS6 Chevelle. I had a 1970 Duster 340 4 speed, ran 13.0 in the 1/4 mile. Now my son, now 22y/o had a low 11 sec Civic. When he was 18. Man, cars have gotten faster.

Still waitting to hear more from the OP ???

Nah, I've been working on cars like that for the last 5 years... They all have drum brakes on at least one axle so they couldn't stop as fast as they could go, no fuel injection, no ignition packs and half of the time they didn't even have HEI, no over head cams (except on fords), bad gas mileage, steered like boats compared to how fast they could go, way too heavy because they always had cast-iron engine blocks and half the time they had cast iron heads and cast iron water pumps, and for as much horsepower as they put out usually only half of it was useful at the wheels because it was all used up just moving the heavy car, metal dashboards so when you wrecked you broke your face on the dash, usually only had lap belts instead of 3 point harnesses, incandescent headlight instead of Halogen ones, no third brakelight, the list goes on. Over all they were good looking, but they were unsafe and low tech (but I'm not going to pretend to be Ralph Nader)...

Some of the newer muscle cars have been better... the 2002 Camaro SS for instance was a lovely car even if it had an ugly vinyl paneled interior (the new one however may be a piece of old low tech garbage though), the latest Pontiac GTO was a wonderful car although in hindsight it should have been renamed the Fire-bird in order to better market the car, the Corvettes as long ago as the early 90's were very nice high performance cars (especially the old ZR1's), the latest Mercury Marauders were beuatifully well done, The twin turbo V6 powered Buick Riviera was a nice car, the 1986+ Buick Grand National was a nice car, the turbo V6 GMC Typhoon from the early 1990's was a nice um... SUV... the Chrysler Crossfires were fantastic cars, the SRT neon was nice even if it had a primitive interior, the 2010 Ford Mustang has proven itself to be a nice competitor (although american companies still haven't learned from their mistakes with the Dodge Challenger and the Chevy Camaro), the newest generation of Cadillac CTS's and STS's have been fantasticly improved since their last incarnation to the point of becoming great cars, the list goes on...

The old cars are still stylish and all, but no primitive peice of machinery, no matter how stylish it is, can hope to compete with a more modern car on all scales of quality measurement... Trust me on this, I've driven a 1995 chevy tahoe 2-door 4X4 for the past 5 years, and it had a lot of old muscle car tech in it... I should know, I only had to rebuild the thing 3 times in the last 5 years.

Modern cars are soo much nicer than older ones, and any person in their early 20's who says otherwise is just caught up in nostalgia for classic styling and a lust for mebership in something bigger than themselves, namely an american auto culture (which wouldn't be bad if Detroit would stop building trucks and SUV's and would start Building cars again).

Sorry, I had to rant there...

The best car ever driven is a loaner. Remember this car is still new and not fully broken in, so it's your job to break it. Test the CVT from 20 mph in reverse then slam it into drive. Yank up hard on the e-brake from 50 mph, ect...

It your job, nay duty, nay obligation to test this car to the peak of it's performance. Good luck. Drive fast. Take chances.

Yeah, I can see it now. A couple years from now, someone on this board will ask for advice on buying a lightly used '10 harvest gold Legacy that -- according to the salesman -- was driven by a little old lady back and forth to church. Better publish the VIN on this one before you put it through the wringer. :lol:

Archived