LegacyGT.com

I have in my posession, a 2010 Legacy.

WOW!!! After reading a hundred or so posts, apparently the community here doesn't like Change so much.....

Now flame some more on my post.... I have a spare flame suit waiting :lol:

Ok gotta put this one post in check, sorry to flame since you knew it was coming. :lol:

[rant]

Listen, I (personally) am f'n tired of people saying this community doesn't like change. Really, in general, no one who owns an '05 GT likes change? That's really quite odd considering that when the '05 came out people jumped all over themselves for that car, myself included. '02 LGT owner here and I didn't have a complaint about the '05. I couldn't wait to buy one. Was I mad it was better than mine? No. Was I mad it was a newer gen? No. Was I pissed that it looked different than mine? No. Was I f'n thrilled that it has the performance, style, and amenities that I wanted? Yes. Simply yes. So please, stop saying the community "in general" doesn't like change. It's not about change... it's about creating something we actually LIKE. Sorry to SOA and all the bots if it's not what we like but stop passing it off as if we're chained to our old models with our heads up our ass and can't appreciate change. F that. Make us something we can actually get excited about and I'll show you change with cold hard cash.

[/rant]

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change is fine. But warping a beautiful design is not. There are so many things they could have done with the new Legacy. But making it more Toyota-like obviously is not going to sit too well with people.

When I drove past my Subaru stealership, I saw one on their lot. The Toyota stealership is right next to them. I thought the Toyota's spilled over into their lot. Until closer inspection, I saw it was the new Legacy.

The SVX was a damn nice car. Sure it was different but it was a different design that people could swallow and not easily mistake it for another brand like today's Legacy resembling a Toyota.

However, if people like this new design, more power to you. I am sure a lot of us will be able to accept the new design somewhere down the line. Can't deny that fact.

Ok gotta put this one post in check, sorry to flame since you knew it was coming. :lol:

[rant]

Listen, I (personally) am f'n tired of people saying this community doesn't like change. Really, in general, no one who owns an '05 GT likes change? That's really quite odd considering that when the '05 came out people jumped all over themselves for that car, myself included. '02 LGT owner here and I didn't have a complaint about the '05. I couldn't wait to buy one. Was I mad it was better than mine? No. Was I mad it was a newer gen? No. Was I pissed that it looked different than mine? No. Was I f'n thrilled that it has the performance, style, and amenities that I wanted? Yes. Simply yes. So please, stop saying the community "in general" doesn't like change. It's not about change... it's about creating something we actually LIKE. Sorry to SOA and all the bots if it's not what we like but stop passing it off as if we're chained to our old models with our heads up our ass and can't appreciate change. F that. Make us something we can actually get excited about and I'll show you change with cold hard cash.

[/rant]

QFTMFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B4SOA and all his retarded clones, go pound sand and start a new site. Clearly with the car so better in every respect you don't belong here.

For real, the car is so different, shares no turbo, exhaust, intake, suspension, interior, exterior components with BL/BP. Unless you get into building motors there is nothing you have to gain from BL/BP users experience. But even then there are better sites for that.

It's the same time every time a new design comes out. There are rants and whining about how ugly the new design is and that the old one was a lot better.

And maybe it's not as good as it should be, maybe not. But we'll see in a while if that's the case. If it's too bad we are likely to see some adjustments to the design relatively soon.

453747.png

It's the same time every time a new design comes out. There are rants and whining about how ugly the new design is and that the old one was a lot better.

And maybe it's not as good as it should be, maybe not. But we'll see in a while if that's the case. If it's too bad we are likely to see some adjustments to the design relatively soon.

I agree that that is true, and with many products, not just cars. The thing that I dont like about the 10 is not just that I think it is ugly but it seems like it is moving the Legacy in a different direction.

The '05-'09 is a car that I see compared to A4's, 3 series, Acura and other 'entry-lux' sports sedans. For people who dont need snob appeal of the euro brands, the legacy is an excellent car for less money. The design is understated and classy.

The 10 is more in the camry/accord space, like others have said, more of an appliance with 'look at me!!' styling (like fender flares that would suit an SUV) It's no wonder an enthusiast board will largely not like that change. I would have much rather seen them go even further down the lux sport sedan path. It's not hard to imagine a STi Legacy that people would mention in the same breath as an M3.

I dont know much about car industry economics, but suppose I can imagine why they would want to make this change from a profit standpoint, but at the same time I feel they failed to market the current gen legacy very well at all.

The GT is an awesome car that no one knows about, it's like a well kept seceret or something. Where were the commercials targeting 20-40yo males? Magazine ads? Nothing. Also the media seems to all but ignore the lgt. Pretty much every copy of R&T, C&D, Motor Trend I see has 3series, Acura, Infinity and OMGMUSTANG etc but virtually no coverage of the GT. :iam:

They built an awesome car, but seemely forgot to market it. Then when it diddn't sell some exec looked around and said 'hmm Camry, wow Toyota sells alot of those let's get some!'

tl;dr I wish the 10 was more like a AWD turbo 3series than a Camry.

^ yep. and like i've been saying... SOA has hinted that the GT line will be discontinued soon. which will make the legacy line move even closer to the Camry family
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

BULLCRAP. How many times this nonsense will be repeated? This WAS NOT the case with BL/BP.

BULLCRAP. How many times this nonsense will be repeated? This WAS NOT the case with BL/BP.

agreed. I only thought the BL/BP were ugly for about 2 days.. and that was cos I was looking at the overhang in front of the front wheels..(something the jdm model doesn't have as much of.. which is when I really fell in love with it.)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Please read below and all the threads that started when this site came online before posting the above again. :) Thank you! :D

[rant]

[/rant]

Have a nice day. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I had an 2002 GT and when the 2005 GT came out I couldn't wait to get one, and did.

I could wait forever and will never feel that way about the 2010.

Took the words out of my mouth. I had an 03 L-SE as my first car and when the 05GT came out, I sold my 03 after having it only a year and bought the 06gt. It was a better car in every conceivable way.

the front end looks like an infiniti (cant really tell which one) and the rear looks like a BMW. I like the side view but they have GOT to do something with those rims.

i saw a new BMW 3 series driving back home the other day and saw a thread on autoblog about the 2010 legacy later on and i swear they looks similar in so many unforgiving ways that it is almost a sin to say it out loud.

I agree with LegGTLT... people here are not ignorant jerks that just like to say bad things about the new design just because it's different. The truth of the matter is, the new gen Legacy just isnt anything for us owners to get excited about. When I saw the 05-09 model that came out, I thought to myself, I want that car and I like what the car has to offer. However, this new 2010 model just doesn't seem to intrigue people like the introduction of the "previous" generation Legacy did. Sorry Subaru of America... I wish there was a place in your survey for me to say, you failed miserably on this new generation Legacy, at least to me, and to many Legacy owners....

I agree with LegGTLT... people here are not ignorant jerks that just like to say bad things about the new design just because it's different. The truth of the matter is, the new gen Legacy just isnt anything for us owners to get excited about. When I saw the 05-09 model that came out, I thought to myself, I want that car and I like what the car has to offer. However, this new 2010 model just doesn't seem to intrigue people like the introduction of the "previous" generation Legacy did. Sorry Subaru of America... I wish there was a place in your survey for me to say, you failed miserably on this new generation Legacy, at least to me, and to many Legacy owners....

agreed. One day I was sitting at a clients office, and through a half cracked blind I saw a car.. and I thought "damn what a nice car.. I wish I could drive something like that." (I was at a country club.)

Eventually curiosity got the best of me and I peeked through the blind to see what it was.. and it was MY CAR! :lol: It doesn't happen often that you look at your own car.. even now after 4 years and say "damn.. thats an attractive car."

I haven't seen any 2010s in person, but the look is kinda like the pontiac aztek. It may "grow" on me in that I will learn to not vomit every time I see one.. but I dont think I can ever appreciate the styling.

as cited in another thread here it looks so much like the lexus GS.. which I've never liked and continue to not like..

its certainly not change that we're afraid of.. I mean we've had the same body style for 4 years now it is time for a body style change.. just.. one more subtle.. keep the lean performance sedan look, stance, and size class.. not eat 200 big macs and sleep on the couch until you're morbidly obese, put on tiny shoes and parade around town.. NO ONE.. wants to see that.. except for the millions of americans with a fat fetish when it comes to cars.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived