LegacyGT.com

How satisfied are you with your '05+ LGT?

I purchased mine, used, in April of 06 with 19k on the odometer. I've had only 1 small issue, that being the right rear passenger door didn't want to open. It took me about 20 minutes to fix. Since coming off of warranty I've done some under the hood mods today the car is making some decent power, and I've got 51k on the odometer.

The normal rattles & sqeaks have come up and been addressed as well. So far so good. If things go as we are hoping, I'll be doing a 1000 mile drive in one shot in the next month or 2. I think any car is going to suck for that long of a day. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'v had my 06 for 3 years 64k now and Love it. I have to tell you, the 5eat is really nice here in bay area traffic. And it is sporty enough for fun in the mountians. Get the LGT if you can swing it. I have both the FXT (04) and the LGT and I have to say that the LGT is a lot more confortable.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

73,000 miles on the car. it's awesome. i don't have rattles. had the major tune up, 3 sets of tires, changed timing belts, battery, and thats it. sometimes the drivers window chooses to not work.

i was hit in the front and had the whole front bumper/hood replaced and my car looks new in the front!

05 legacy is awesome!

yeah i noticed that, too. but it only seems to happen when the button gets stuck in the up/down position and you don't notice for a little while that it was stuck. have to play with all the window buttons and it eventually works, i havent figured out the exact procedure to kick it out of being stuck, though. more just mashing buttons frantically as i pull up to a toll booth :lol:

i love my 05, and I have the 5EAT as well. everyone seems to have covered the major qualms most people have with the 05/06 years. if you're planning on giving the car more power than it comes with stock, the tranny is something to think about. not necessarily worry about, but just there are things to keep in mind.

I'm ok with mine. Seems to be better after the 3rd tranny rebuild. Owned it since late Jun 04.

Glad I had the Spec 2+ clutch put in at the first tranny rebuild at 70,000 miles.

Second rebuild at 92,000 miles then again a few weeks later for a second gear.

Been at stage 1 93 octane for 100,000 miles now. That's the power Subaru should have given this car.

Knock on wood, I've had not axle bearing problems or strut problems.

why so many tranny rebuilds?? ur only stage 1... wouldn't imagine that being the problem

'05, 83k, no major issues. :D

Fan relay/ecu, wheel bearing, carpet mat, and that's it. All warranty items, not one thing they didn't fix for free. Not too bad on a first year USDM model. I love it even more since I went stg 1 at 75k. :lol: Now 8k later I want MOOOARRR POWA! :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm mostly okay with mine. A bit of interior rattling and stuff that's kind of annoying. Some missing features for the price range. Also seems a bit slow in stock form considering the rated hp/tq. If I had it to do over, I'd mostly likely be in a 335i. Since I pulled the trigger on the spec b though, I will be driving it for several more years and continuing to upgrade.

• Mega Users
I literally could not love a human baby as much as I love this car. Just replaced stock turbo @ 85,xxx. Headaches + 4 weeks waiting + upgrading = :eek:. There are risks with buying ANYTHING!!! Esp. a turbocharged car. I wouldn't want to be driving anything else (comparable) at the moment.

The depreciation has been tough to swallow but if you are buying an 05 today, then you are getting a great deal.

FOr the rest of us who bought new in 04/ 05... we'll just have to keep ours for about 8 years to make it all worth it.

Which I have no issues doing. It's faster and larger and better handling than all the other cars that I would consider trading it in for

(G35, 3-Series, M35, TSX).

But it does lack creature comforts that a lot of other comparable mid level cars have.

I've owned other Subaru before, such as an '05 RS, '06 WRX, and an '07 WRX STI (the cars sold REALLY quickly when people saw STOCK next to the WRX and STI). But the 2009 Legacy 2.5 GT I have (owned since April 11, 2009), I am still smiling from ear to ear and then some.

I used to have a 2007 BMW 328i and I HATED that car with a passion. Such a junky car for $42K. Not worth even $30K in my opinion. Glad I leased it. Ugh...

I'm very satisfied with my 05 LGT.

This is the 1st car that i've still loved after payoff.

if there is anything negative to be said about it is that its a bit more expensive to maintain and operate than other consumer vehicles, but thats the sacrifice of having an AWD premium octane car with low profile tires.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I bought my 05 LGT 5 speed with about 30K miles on it a few years ago. Now she has 62K. I went to Stage 2 (new up pipe, down pipe, TMIC, tune, and brake upgrade) last fall. Absolutely no issues with the mods.

The car itself? Pretty happy. It has a few more rattles than I'd like, but living in MN, the roads are wickedly rough. In terms of real issues, I've had a wheel bearing go out, but that was handled VERY well under the extended warranty coverage that Subaru did voluntarily. I also had the TGV fail on me, but again my dealer was great about that under warranty (before the mods).

All in all, I'm really happy with the car. The performance and involvement with the driving experience is really great. I wish it was a little bigger inside (6'2", 235 lbs here), but it fits me OK. It couldn't be ANY smaller, but it's OK.

I'd recommend it.

So far so good. After I've had to replace numerous parts on my current Legacy, I'm happy to hear that the '05's are holding up nicely.

The following thanks to an extended warranty:

Crank/Cam rear main seals

Fuel Pump/Sending unit

The following replaced by the sweat of my hard labor:

Starter

Alternator

2 Batteries thanks to above problems.

Faulty MAF

several broken bolts. Gotta love NY!

And now I have:

Bad front wheel bearing

and saving the very best for last...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2494871#post2494871

I still think a Legacy will be my next car though. I always wanted an Impreza. I couldn't afford the WRX when it first came out so I bought the Legacy. It's slowly become my fave car.

I'm in love with my car. When I mean in love... I mean LOVE. 2005, 68xxx miles and absolutely no problems. Regular maintenance, wheel bearing replaced under warranty, two belts in the front replaced and everything works mint. I can't even believe I wanted to sell my car!! I would be crying right now. If I had to pick a girlfriend or my car, hands down it would be my car. You might ask why... and now think of the reasons...

1. She will never leave you

2. Everything is always fixable.. the arguments with the car can be tough but always possible to pan out.

3. Never bitches at you

4. Still gives you that "love at first sight" feeling (butterflies, oh God I'm getting them now!)

5. You can always dress her up the way you want.

6. Take showers with her

7. Take her out all the time and it only costs a tank of gas every couple of days

8. WON'T CHEAT ON YOU

9. So modest, so sweet, so loveable, so kissable.. SO EVERYTHING

10. IM OBSESSSSSSSSSSEDDDD!!!!!!!

I WANT ANOTHER ONE!

-First Subaru was a 93 Impreza L

-Second Subaru was a 98RS that i spent about 10k+ in mods (just about every besides a turbo swap)

-Third Subaru 05 LGT

I really like the Legacy and it is soooo much better with a downpipe and Cobb stage II. The suspension is really what bothers me the most, but I'm coming from a Impreza with Prodrive Bilstein suspension. I'm thinking Koni inserts soon for the Legacy. Oh yeah and my dash rattles just a bit :(

The Legacy has been great to own. Only problems I've run into are finding competent people to work on my car. It may not be a problem for some, but not having a good dealership near me or even a respectable tuner have been a bit of a pain.

-First Subaru was a 93 Impreza L

-Second Subaru was a 98RS that i spent about 10k+ in mods (just about every besides a turbo swap)

-Third Subaru 05 LGT

I really like the Legacy and it is soooo much better with a downpipe and Cobb stage II. The suspension is really what bothers me the most, but I'm coming from a Impreza with Prodrive Bilstein suspension. I'm thinking Koni inserts soon for the Legacy. Oh yeah and my dash rattles just a bit :(

I came from a WRX with prodrive suspension as well. Koni's made a huge difference on the Leggy. make sure you pair them with the right springs (not so lowered) like IONS or Rallitech.

I came from a WRX with prodrive suspension as well. Koni's made a huge difference on the Leggy. make sure you pair them with the right springs (not so lowered) like IONS or Rallitech.

hm oddly enough those were the two i was considering...

I'm mostly okay with mine. A bit of interior rattling and stuff that's kind of annoying. Some missing features for the price range. Also seems a bit slow in stock form considering the rated hp/tq. If I had it to do over, I'd mostly likely be in a 335i. Since I pulled the trigger on the spec b though, I will be driving it for several more years and continuing to upgrade.

Have you driven a 335? I'm not sure it's necessarily what you'd want. I drove my friends, hard, on a twisty road that I drive every day, back-to-back with my car. The 335 is fast and handles well, but it is so DETACHED from the road, that it shocked me. That is the big difference between the M3 and the 335 - not the speed but the sensation of being in touch with the road. Compared to the LGT, the 335 felt like drving an 80's Cadillac.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Have you driven a 335? I'm not sure it's necessarily what you'd want. I drove my friends, hard, on a twisty road that I drive every day, back-to-back with my car. The 335 is fast and handles well, but it is so DETACHED from the road, that it shocked me. That is the big difference between the M3 and the 335 - not the speed but the sensation of being in touch with the road. Compared to the LGT, the 335 felt like drving an 80's Cadillac.

wow.. that is suprising. I would figure that the 335i is just a notch below the M3. I have driven my friends e46 (he has a dinan exhaust, dinan tuned and lowering springs) and it drives/handles like a dream!! I would figure the 335i would have that same very high quality "feel" to it on the road, but that really suprises me. I guess I will have to test drive one to really find out.

Archived