LegacyGT.com

How satisfied are you with your '05+ LGT?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you still have your DRLs?

Yup. I used to attribute this to a lot of dark time driving, and use of Silverstars, but the PIAA's blew out too. Always happens in the morning when I start the car, and switch on the headlights.

if i was gonna buy a 335 it would definitely be the 2 door 335xi... AWD FTW!!!

I figured you've driven a BMW AWD car before? :rolleyes:

Compared to a Subaru, or even the king of AWD, Audi, you're buying a 1953 VW Bus. :lol:

Had mine new since Oct 04. Love it. I autox'd it and lately have been tracking it alot. Never had any real problems. I am very anal with maintenance since i use it as a trackday car. Currently I have ~46k miles.

One thing though. I do wish i had fold down seats, but oh well...........

I like mine a lot. Only gripes were:

1- Halogen light on a car like this. Put HID on and it's solved. wink wink! ;)

2- My wagon stock suspension was pure crap. Pogo ride on highway etc. and shaking the hell out of everyone on bad roads driving slowly. Pure crap. I had a mazda 3 GT that handled better stock. But since I've put JDM SpecB Bilstein struts + JDM springs + JDM rear sway it is MUCH better. It should have been like that from the dealer.

These were my main issues with that car and I fixed them. I like it a lot in the snow :)

My next car will need to be as powerful, have as much place and be reliable. The new models are not looking good and I have scratched German cars before a long time ago. NO way I am going to be dealing with all the electric and electronic gremlins that come with these cars. It's warrantied but you're always at the dealer. But they're fun to drive when you don't have a problem.

Guess I'll be keeping the LGT a bit longer :)

I had hids, but the stock projectors are insufficient and wind up blinding people.. plus when one blows or dies, since you installed it... only you can fix it.. and its not like autozone has the bulb.

I've kinda put "my next car" out of my mind recently. :D But.. I'm going on 65k miles so.. I may need to consider the reality that within the next 4 years I will need to consider replacing it, unless I want expensive and unplanned part failures.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I had hids, but the stock projectors are insufficient and wind up blinding people.. plus when one blows or dies, since you installed it... only you can fix it.. and its not like autozone has the bulb.

This is exactly why I've not done HIDs despite really wanting them. Wish they were OEM on this car. :(

6 months is all mine lasted.

I would have been "more satisfied" with the legacy if it would have came with hids from the factory.. at least then when the bulb went out the dealer would have it.. and the ballasts ignitors etc.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Got my wagon online from Littleton,Co. a couple of years ago. Wanted a wagon and a manual so 05 was the only choice. Had 19,000 at delivery and now has 45,000. No problems other than the steering wheel is starting to vibrate under braking. Best car for the money IMO.:icon_wink

*sigh.. headlight bulb burned out this morning. :mad:

the legacy can never get a 100/100 because of the 05 headlight wiring problem!

im very satisfied. my LGT has me in contention for NNJR-SCCA autox driver of the year.

Good stuff. I just need better tires and I would do much better in the H class.

So you frequent Englishtown? I go to the SCCA or BMWCCA at Nassau Colesium.

We love our 05 LGT wagon with 45k. Since I wanted a manual, an 05 was the only option and I had to find it used.

Only 2 major gripes that are far outweighed by all of the positive aspects of the car. Don't see replacing it any time soon, especially since there is no longer anything on the market that is even close unless settling for an auto.

The first are the dashboard rattles. I had the warranty fix done, but worse new noises are now cropping up. Need to look into getting that fixed one of these days.

2nd is the clutch; it has to be pushed farther down than I think it should for smooth gear changes and it feels very rubbery down that far. If you rush it it tends to grind, especially on 1-2 or 3-2. Dealer says its normal and apparently the clutches on these tend to vary. Hopefully a replacement down the road will improve this.

6 months is all mine lasted.

I would have been "more satisfied" with the legacy if it would have came with hids from the factory.. at least then when the bulb went out the dealer would have it.. and the ballasts ignitors etc.

did u disable your DRL?? if you didnt that probably is the reason that caused your HID bulb to go out.... with DRL and a aftermarket HID kit it can seriously damage the ballast and/or the bulb... or you just happened to have a cheap HID kit :confused: all my after market HID kits on all my cars and friends cars have lasted 2 years now and still going... im having slight issues with my LGT but thats because i didnt disable the DRL in the beginning and i think it damaged my ballast...

I had a mcculloch kit. I've had my DRLs disabled for a long time to try to maximize bulb life. The mccullochs also had a straight from the battery relay system so it wasn't running the stock wiring hard. I think it was a ballast or ignitor that died, becasue they bulbs still worked.

either way.. I installed it.. so only I could uninstall it. Such a pita.

yeah. i go to e-town. you sould try to make some events there. its on the road course and we get runs that are over 60-90 long or up to and over a mile long.

Oh, wow.. our runs on Long-Island are typically 50 to 60 seconds long. I have to check out the NNJR sometime.

Archived