LegacyGT.com

How satisfied are you with your '05+ LGT?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Participated on this board for 2004 and 05, ordered an 05 LegGT, Wagon short/throw, silver, immediately put 18/prodrive wheels and hi perf tires on the car. Love the engine, love the point and shoot steering, almost no rattles at 68k.

Only one serious problem is a lousy clutch that robs car of pleasure it is capable of delivering. Clutch stunk from day one and never got better, exploded at 38k, not my fault. I had 80k on my BMW 325Xi wagon and still did not need a clutch or brakes. I wish I could have ordered the 05 LegGT wagon with the Sti trans. My mechanic said that would be killer combo.

Other than the clutch, I had "0" problems with this car and even though clutch is less than ZF click, click sharp, my wife always said she loved the very suprising range and pull of the LegGT.

I am selling my LegGT/wagon ASAP. I just took delivery of a Benz fuly loaded350 GLK for replacement. Prodrive wheels, new stock wheels and tires, ski racks go with the LegGT wagon.

• 1 month later...

this morning I rolled 66666 miles. :lol: I tried to take a picture but its blurry. :(

no complaints really.. need to change the oil REALLY bad.. but I'm too busy driving to work and back every day.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

05 lgt ltd 5mt. im at the point were stuff starting breaking and needing replaced, and i dont mind fixing it. the wife on the other hand would rather me get a new car(suby of course). over all i love my lgt never had any problems with it. other than the fan relay fixed by dealer. and had the intercooler to TB clap break during a dealer oil change. they fixed for free.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

how many miles lvethesnow? Only item I've had to replace out of warranty at 666XX miles (:eek:) is the passenger CV boot when it kasploded.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

had the intercooler to TB clap break during a dealer oil change. they fixed for free.

What the hack are they doing around the TB during a oil change ?

May be someone should tell them the oil filter and oil pan are onthe bottom of the engine.

Almost 111,000 miles engine runs good, no turbo issues, BTW I do my own routine maintenance, oil, fluid, brakes and timing belt, etc.

IMO keep the car away from the stealership.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

how many miles lvethesnow? Only item I've had to replace out of warranty at 666XX miles (:eek:) is the passenger CV boot when it kasploded.

86,900. 90% highway. the lgt is in storage right now. been there for a year now.

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

my car hardly runs after a week of sitting. Good luck getting that thing to wake up from its coma. :lol:

hopefully wont be too bad. had all new fluids before going to storage, also full tank with sta-bil fuel stablizer, over inflated tires, no way to put in on jack stands, legacy car cover from dealership, its in an indoor storage with 400 other cars from my brigade. people always there. hoping for the best

brigade? what do you do?

oh yea.. lgt fuel consumption is predictable, but surprising. I mean I can gas it a few times in my truck w/o really messing up my whole tank fuel econ.. but 2-3 hard takeoffs in the car.. and my tank mileage is crap.

I bought my 05 LGTL wagon 5 years ago this week. After 75K miles, I can say it has been nearly flawless and I still like it a lot. Repairs have been minimal:

- At delivery it suffered from an A/C water leak in the passenger footwell, took a few days to get the parts.

- Changed at least 6 headlight bulbs

- Original rotors warped quickly. Resurfaced twice, but warp came back. At 45K miles replaced with new factory rotors, no warping issues since.

- Just replaced lower control arms (failing bushings) and it made a big improvement in steering feel and ride quality

And I have very few complaints:

- A/C is not the strongest

- Headlights are more than a little sand blasted after 75K miles.

- I do not like the Bridgestone RE960AS tires that replaced the original RE92A's. Unfortunately they are showing no wear and may last forever. :mad:

- Slightly higher profile tires might have protected two rims from getting bent when I hit a big pothole a few years ago

I really enjoy driving this car. This is the longest I have ever owned a "daily driver." I tried the A4 and 328xi wagons and I looked at the new Outback (Ugh!). I simply cannot think of another car that could replace it.

I bought my 05 LGT used on April 2nd this year. It had 109K on it. Thw wheel bearing failed MD state inspection (no biggie). I drove it for 4 days (405 miles) and the center differential went out. I got it back, drove it 2 more days (109 miles) and the turbo went out. I bought a used stock turbo and when i put it on, it was bad. I have had nothing but bad luck with my car. Ive owned it 4 months and have driven it a total of 6 days. I honestly think I got a bad car possibly from previous misuse??? I am willing to give this model another chance though, I will be trading it in this week on either an 06 spec B or another 05 LGT.

I still really like my car. I traded in my '04 WRX wagon for a '05 LGT wagon w/5mt in dec. '05. That's the only reason I don't have a G8 GXP right now. Now wagon is putting down 340whp on pump gas and runs great.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived