LegacyGT.com

Brake lines for Brembos

PhilT

Upon installation of the custom rear lines I noticed that there seems to be a larger bend/kink in the lines compared to the fitment of the pix supplied by unclemat. They look as if they are longer than what unclemat was supplied with and incorrectly cut in length.. I am actually a bit worried that there is too much bend. Opinions please...

IMG_1581.thumb.jpg.0f50ea41b24483b6a746a717357e702e.jpg

IMG_1583.thumb.jpg.94e6ff07d1261bf89eeabab11f65e8f0.jpg

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like it could spare half an inch more in length. If the banjo is rotated, then the line will be outside the two fingers that is supposed to hold it.

hrm, that is true. How are everyone else's lines? We have all these made up to specific length, so if it is wrong, I could get you a replacement.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Subscribed.

I have a set of these sitting in the package, until I do my Brembo swap in the spring. Got them about two weeks ago, so I'm interested to hear how those rear lines work out (in case I need replacements).

The banjo bolt could be rotated but would then be outside of the 2 prongs.. I imagined that all of these lines were cut exactly the same and thought it was strange that mine appear longer than unclemats. If the bend is not too severe then great, but I am mildly concerned about brake failure.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

That bend looks just like mine (same setup). The black boot at each end where it goes into the fitting acts as a strain relief... I think you will be fine.

Sorry for the crappy pic, it wasn't intended to capture the brake line, so I had to zoom way in.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9334/rearbrakeline.jpg

^^^ +1 and thank you magnetic1 for even supplying these custom lines in the first place!

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you need the custom lines for an Outback?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I used my OEM lines in my install with no issue. The rear banjo connection will not mount between the stabilizer tabs on the calliper as the hardline connector has the wrong bend. But if you are concerned about it moving and causing the bolt to loosen/leak, then just safety wiring it place.

• 1 month later...

Yes, but OEM lines interfere with one of the pins should you want to change pads.

My prototype lines fit perfect. Are the current/production lines longer? That's too bad.

00-04 Legacy/Outback have virtually the same rear suspension as 05-09 so I am pretty sure the rear lines would just fit, particularly the rearmost ones.

Front in fact most likely would fit s well.

• 10 months later...

Did Technafit ever make a LGT specific line or is it still a custom order? I have the same issue with the lines I got with my rear adapter kit from KNS. I just told them about the issue but it seems like it is still not well known or maybe I just was sent the incorrect rears?

thanks

Ben

We still submit these as custom orders. Only really applies to those w/ rear Brembo kits.

If you have a standard LGT and are looking for lines, they already have those ready to go.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

• 1 month later...
Yes, but OEM lines interfere with one of the pins should you want to change pads.

My prototype lines fit perfect. Are the current/production lines longer? That's too bad.

Was the issue with the rear custom lines being too long corrected? My original "prototype" set had perfect length.

I'd like to order a couple of sets, but I'd like them to fit like my original set did.

Pming.

Archived