LegacyGT.com

Brake lines for Brembos

PhilT

STI lines won't fit, neither 04-07 nor 08-09.

In fact, JDM tuned by STI that came with Brembos.... also uses the stock location ghetto fitting lines (braided) :eek:. Not sure about S402.

There is apparently newer style Goodridge lines that fit better - they have less "bend" to them. One of Edmundu's original lines blew (luckily for him in my driveway) and he got replacement ones that fit better with the Brembos.

pic of my rear sti brake line to brembo rear caliper connection

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/brembo%20brakeline%20connection/rearbrakelinetocaliper1.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this interesting because I checked JDM Subarufast (OEM application with part #s) and it refers to the aftermarket STI brake lines for regular Legacy GT. That's why I thought they are ghetto rigging it...

Partially they do, e.g. the splash shield on your car looks hand cut for the caliper. I bet the tuned by STI and S402 is indeed "hand tuned" on the side.... given the limited numbers it make sense.

pic of my rear sti brake line to brembo rear caliper connection

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/brembo%20brakeline%20connection/rearbrakelinetocaliper1.jpg

Btw, Dave, do you have any idea about the rear rotors? I.e. what is the diameter of the parking brake drum? I.e. do you need special rotors or regular STI rotors (just 5x100) will work?

EDIT: Or, maybe you have regular LGT rear rotors actually :eek:... just the caliper is somehow bolted directly to the backplate. Either special caliper or special backplate? :confused:

Next time when you have the wheels off we would appreciate more detailed pics of the rear brakes and rear suspension bits! Thanks in advance!

Ok I will make a note about the parking brake set up and check this on Aug 17th when the car goes in for a service a re-tune (open source flash) using a awd hub dyno. Perfect time to take pics of suspension and brakes. I recently changed out both front and rear stock rotors and replaced them with Dixcel Heat Treat and Slotted Rotors on fronts and Dixcel Slotted Rotors on the rears..a bit heavier but well worth it I believe.

The lgt brake line should be rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise where it mounts to the caliper banjo bolt. Then its just a straight shot back to the hard line. Why have the ridiculous right angle bend in the line? So just like how the green wire is shaped but have the hard line do that part.

I agree, maybe keep the "L" bend on the LGT line and just shorten the actual SS hose itself. I think a bit shorter would even work, say 7-7.25".

Sorry to hear about your car.

Ok I will make a note about the parking brake set up and check this on Aug 17th when the car goes in for a service a re-tune (open source flash) using a awd hub dyno. Perfect time to take pics of suspension and brakes. I recently changed out both front and rear stock rotors and replaced them with Dixcel Heat Treat and Slotted Rotors on fronts and Dixcel Slotted Rotors on the rears..a bit heavier but well worth it I believe.

That will be great, thanks.

But can you tell what size are the rear rotors? I.e. in order to buy replacements you must have specified whether you're buying LGT or STI rotors...

:eek: :eek: What? Sorry to hear that man, but good you're alright :spin:

yeah im fine. car is prob a goner though. bent the frame rails up front. slid into wall with front passenger side. seems like my lgt days are over. sucks. car only had 36k on it, never a prob, and always performed. hate the new ones and cant rock another 05 unless its mine. im weird like that.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

sure happy to measure them unclemat. Here are the details on the dixcel rotors I recently bought and installed.

Product Description

Dixcel FCR SD Slotted Disk Set STI Brembo 5 x 100 PCD

* For increased high performance use with Z type or R01 type pads.

* The initial brake response will be improved.

* It is recommended to the professional racing drivers who require more braking stability.

* HD type will be substituted with FCR type when available, please understand that FCR type is of a higher grade than HD. FCR (FP) type is supplied automatically with no extra charge.

* Although each one of the FCR(FP&FS) rotor, the heated disk rotor(HD) and heated slot disk rotor(HS) has had heat treatment, please take a bedding-in procedure. Sudden heating or cooling by braking may cause cracks, tensions and judder.

* The appearance of anti-rust coating and heat treatment varies on individual product, but it does not affect the quality of products.

Suit Models

Impreza STi 01-04 With Brembos

Link to dixcel application table here http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/rotor_zaiko.html

So these are standard STI rotors... you must have STI sized parking brake shoes than. Did you replace the rotors yourself? Curious if the parking brake shoes looked unusual in any way.

Go buy a leftover 09. Maybe you can find a SpecB. You'll love the 6MT.

no swp with black int kills it for me.

been eyeing a leftover volvo c30r 6mt and its white. they have some great deals going on. haven't really read anything bad about them either so far.

got a post about it in other cars

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 2 weeks later...

Archived