LegacyGT.com

Brake lines for Brembos

PhilT

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys, I misplaced my mocked up line and cannot find it :rolleyes: Been busy lately and lagging with the car stuff on all fronts. When (if) I find it I'll mail it to magnetic1.

• 2 weeks later...
I've recently installed my rear Brembos, and although the OEM style stainless lines fit, I don't like the way they have to be bent to fit.

Has anyone installed other brake lines, such as the STi ones ? Would they fit or would it need something custom ?

Hi PhilT,

I am going to put a set of Brembo on my LGT is weekend. My question is how you dealt with the rear OEM dust cover beside the rotors.

• Cut the edge off? :rolleyes: It take time.
  • Band the edge? :rolleyes: It doesn't look nice.
  • Remove them? :confused: I don't want to do that.
  • Buy a 04 STI dust cover and replace them? :confused: Do know the fitment and it is cost $$$$?

Anyone of you can provide me a subjection?

Please advice…:spin:

• 2 weeks later...
Test set sent to unclemat. He should have them early next week. Once he confirms, I'll take a stocking order and people's color choices. For the guys on the west coast I will drop ship so you get quicker. Guys on te east coast will come directly from me

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Test set sent to unclemat. He should have them early next week. Once he confirms, I'll take a stocking order and people's color choices. For the guys on the west coast I will drop ship so you get quicker. Guys on te east coast will come directly from me

UncleMat should have them by now. Will wait to hear from him on fitment, etc.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

I am not back home yet... so yes the lines should be there. There is a good chance I'll install them on this weekend to verify fitment!

Perfect. Snap some pics for me and during the install etc. Let us all know on the forum how they fit, etc. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling on this and start shipping late next week.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Get a chance to put them in unclemat?

Unfortunately ran out of time to finish all projects. Busted uppipe stud ruined my day :mad: Hopefully will be able to do it before the weekend.

In meantime a pic of the lines. Purdy!

1547532197_IMG_0547(Large).thumb.JPG.4b6a2386c1759229cca3c29621c9dd46.JPG

Ok. Installed the lines. Fitment is great. The length is perfect. The only small issue is the line goes very close to the arm - it's not touching it but the gap is perhaps 1mm, bit too close for my comfort. I guess potentially the line can move and flex under braking and rub. I solved it by bending the fitting (on the caliper side) ever so slightly. Note, my car has aluminium (SpecB) trailing arms and it's possible they are bit thicker than the stock cast ironers - people with stock arms may get more room there. Maybe Technafit could add slight angle to the fitting?

Also I noticed that the inside finish of the flare (at the end that connects to the hard line) is bit rough compared to my Goodrich lines. I don't know if it is a problem since I haven't bled and tested the brakes yet. I hope it is not.

Few pictures below - first two show the flare, the last one is after I bent the fitting, the earlier ones is before bending. Again, the line has not been touching the arm anywhere, despite how it may look in the pictures.

Looks like a go - pending bleeding/test drive.

brake_technafit.jpg.df842ab9652e3abaaf2562000f3a5248.jpg

brake_goodrich.jpg.afed297927ac8cce7a927771a0a75daf.jpg

1642204741_IMG_0550(Large).thumb.JPG.f9872ca94f0236f46434eaf87da05a67.JPG

1171404755_IMG_0553(Large).thumb.JPG.9e4ae39bef638938de2a2ac599c3ec0d.JPG

1113149785_IMG_0554(Large).thumb.JPG.1ee5694e50afc81e4bdba542d107b9ad.JPG

Archived