LegacyGT.com

GREEN Light for 2.5i Header 06+ only !!!!!

Any news on the UEL headers?

The news is as follows we have found a shop and potentially a test car the shop can do the fab job when we get our ducks aligned. I think at this point I will PM all on the list and any other interested parties and lock that down. The shop has paypal so I hope that makes all interested feel more secure that there isnt a user as a middle man I think the shop would give a flat price for the work so we could send that money ahead of time and the tester user/car could take the car and drop it off and let them do the fab job the good news is the test car would get to have it first and could tell us some more about it maybe post a clip ;). I sent ECS performance a email asking for a firm flat price becasue we cant work with a price range if we are to split up the cost evenly. Once i get that price I will post there paypal info and as you send in the deposit just post up once it is all there it will start. That is a week once that prototype is done it gets sent to production where a final price will be set contigent on the number of orders MORE IS CHEAPER so keep that in mind. I will post the reply from ECS in this thread for all to read I hope we get at least 15 locked people. i think we could have the header for under $350 at least and if more we may get it for under $300 from what ive seen the one off run of Single port headers sell for over on rs25.com

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also here is the link to the Shop and there rates Fab jobs run $125/hr so 8 hrs of fabb time would be $1000 split 10 way $100/per split 15 way $67 and 20 way $50 he also indicated that it would about 2-3 hours of test time which would bring it to around $1300 total so those are the numbers to keep in mind again with ten peole that is still doable with more it is even more so

The Link to have a look for yourself

http://www.eastcoastswappers.com/rates.php

@shbt.....I am new to this website, and new to upgrading my 08 Legacy 2.5i special edition MT5. I want to upgrade. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm not even sure what the 'NA' stands for in this thread. Any help that anyone here can give me would be appreciated. Thanks =)

@shbt.....I am new to this website, and new to upgrading my 08 Legacy 2.5i special edition MT5. I want to upgrade. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm not even sure what the 'NA' stands for in this thread. Any help that anyone here can give me would be appreciated. Thanks =)

N/A means Naturally Aspirated as opposed to F/I or Forced induction ( a turbo or supercharged car) Our big cousins the Legacy GT have this luxury. But do not be discouraged our 2.5i cars very stylish and sporty and can be made into a handling wiz. i have a 08 2.5i 5MT now throughout your stay here at Legacygt.com you will see certain abbreviations like 5MT or 4EAT or 6MT im sure you know this BUT the MT mean manual trans the EAT automatic trans ( the 4EAT sucks dont let anyone tell you otherwise :lol:) Performance wise you should consider a AVO panel filter or KN panel filter for optimal results you can get a Cold air intake but with our MAF setups (Max Air Flow) it can be problematic. There are also headers you can buy to get the boxer rumble but they require a custom midpipe section to mate it to the axle back section ( the section at the rear differential leading to the mufflers) I currently am arranging a group buy for a prototype header that will bolt up to our stock mid pipe location so feel free to join in ;)

Other simple things you may need to know we have in our cars a EJ253 H4 engine. Horizontally opposed 2.5 L engine with Mechanical Pressurized Fuel Injection iirc. The three engine types currently in the legacy line are EJ253 the N/A guys the EJ255 the turbo guys and the EZ30R the 6 cylinder N/A guys. When you read that a guy has a shortblock for sale or a longblock for trade etc they are referring to is the engine. The blocks for all subaru motors are minus the EJ257 ( the STI motor and the 3l.0R motor) the EJ257 is semi closed deck and the EZ30R is a 6 cylinder :redface: A short block is a motor with no heads and can include the crank, pistons , and oil pan. You may see "bare block" that is a short block casting with no internals etc. A long block typically has the head but doesnt always have the intake manifold or oil pan.

All suspension parts, body parts, and interior parts are interchangeable from the 2.5i Legacy(2.5i) to the Legacy GT ( LGT). Starting in 2006 model year forward the Ej253 had a change in configuration and the exhaust manifold and oil pan changed shape. if you are looking for headers this doesnt affect you because they still fit with no problems.

That should be a good base for you to start, read around the various forums and watch out for lame LGT owners that make it a point to come into our threads and bash us for ideas like UEl headers and swaps and dare I say power upgrades.:eek:

Im GEE-OTTO ill help whenever possible :spin:

this might be helpful:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115322

this might have already been discussed in here before but im not going to go through 7 pages to find out. but could this possibly be cheaper if we got an unequal length header off of a used 2005 legacy? theyre unequal length correct?

some of the 05 cars still had the old unequal setup, but most had the large "Y" setup. either way the sound is not there. I'm pretty sure the emissions cert. is what determines which exhaust it has. (FED/CAL)

from what i have heard on here, the 2005s have unequal length. in 2006 they switched to an equal length header which yielded more horsepower for the 2006 175hp vs 168hp in the 05s

All the N/A subbies have had EL stock manifolds you will only find a UEL on a Turbo so you will not be able to go that route. This wont be cheaper than buying a RS style header then modding your exhaust to fit that if you can find it for cheap labor or DIY. but if you want a bolt on solution that can be changed back to stock quickly this is a good option

check out this kids setup on his 08 impreza N/A

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3148774/3

Engine sound w/o headers : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urLN2kMz6EM]YouTube - Impreza 2008 intake[/ame]

Exhaust sound : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGv9exP_wOI]YouTube - HKS legamax impreza 2008[/ame]

0-100 kmph : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVyg7FSfyCI]YouTube - 0-100 kmph impreza 2008[/ame]

New! Now with headers : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jomNXEEaWsk]YouTube - Impreza 2.0R 2008 with HKS Legamax and headers[/ame]

sounds nice with the headers

Archived