LegacyGT.com

GREEN Light for 2.5i Header 06+ only !!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well I have an 08 and so do you. I do not see the cats going bad soon, unless something crazy happens. I will be buying a 2.5RS in a bit so my girl will be driving the leggy. Make it so people have an option to do there own cat. Also if my cat goes bad I will put a stock one back on the car.

well I have an 08 and so do you. I do not see the cats going bad soon, unless something crazy happens. I will be buying a 2.5RS in a bit so my girl will be driving the leggy. Make it so people have an option to do there own cat. Also if my cat goes bad I will put a stock one back on the car.

when your stock cat goes bad youll have to shell out $500+ for a OEM replacement

forgot to say I am a aftermarket parts dealer, hehe so I get my stuff a a low cost.:lol:

Well you def understand the process better than most and seeing as you have a connect you think you could get me some exhaust components for the EL OH :lol:

Hey count me in a on a header too... so long as we can get this going by mid august... Also can the manufacturer do any kind of warranty... against cracked welds, improper fitment, warped flanges typical stuff since these will be new pieces?

Well im sure they can warranty such typical defects as warped flanges and wrong fit etc. Our problem is that 1. people say they want in but they dont want to put in and 2. We need a DEVOTED group of people for the build. No one will move with uncertain people. I have been in contact with ESC and they were onboard but the lack of effort on our behlaf may have scared them away. In any event I myself have went ahead with my own N/A header build it is coming along fine and will post updates along the various stages. I bouht a stock N/a 06+ manifold and had it modified to UEL by a shop I havent gotten it back but when i do ill post pictures for all to see

oh boo. come on people lets put a little more commitment into this.

:soap_box: I agree! I am in for these headers and at the very least in to get the prototype figured out so i guess it is do or die folks. I am in and have deposit money ready and waiting. I really hope everyone who wanted these headers made steps up and says so but as i said I am in.....Who is with me? :soap_box:

Thats exactly what I have been screaming. I have been pushing to get the prototype produced so we could have a idea of how much it will cost for one. If it is still to high for eveyone's taste then we could wait for some more people to jump on board which I believe would happen if a prototype was produced to show there is progress. Then if anyone jumped in after the prototype was built then they should still have to pay there portion of the cost for the proto but it could go to bringing the over all cost of the headers down per person. If there is anyone that is not devoted on the list that wants out then speak up!!! I'm ready to get the proto built with the 20 people we have. Thats what they said we needed right? 20+? Revise the list!

Well you know I'm still

in if push comes to shove we will gather the definites and split the fabrication cost btwN us and go from there but the major issue is the test car which the fab shop would need to have for a week. We can find a person in CT willing to do that or find a different shop willing to do the job that is closer to another interested user. I'm open to both and ready to throw some money at the issue :icon_lol:

Well you know I'm still

in if push comes to shove we will gather the definites and split the fabrication cost btwN us and go from there but the major issue is the test car which the fab shop would need to have for a week. We can find a person in CT willing to do that or find a different shop willing to do the job that is closer to another interested user. I'm open to both and ready to throw some money at the issue :icon_lol:

I will look around in PA for a shop that may be up for it and if no one around here wants to i will still drive to CT as the test car i think i can swing a week and a half off of work to do it i will let you guys know on that but for now i guess we should revise the list?, and i will let you all know what i find in PA.

^^^^ yeah b/c honestly I KNOW that a good fab guy doesnt need a week they may need a whole day or two but not a week. ive seen a custom header build for a 07 impreza 2.5i( same exhaust setup and under car) took the guy 7 hours total and that included the rest of the exhaust fabrication. ESC is still the ones i approached first but if I can find a shop near me i really would like that better i could use my car since i started this whole interest thread and show people that im legit about this as the rest

08 Legacy 2.5i MT5. I"m new here, but I want a turbo upgrade!!! I'm up for this upgrade. PM me details?

Yeah bro the turbo kit is rumored to be finalized in late July by AVO Japan themselves bundled with a Access Port tuning device it should be a fun upgrade for the few willing to shell out $5K total for all the needed parts

This project will be for a UEL style header that will bolt on and use stock locations so no more wire splicing etc etc

Archived