LegacyGT.com

GREEN Light for 2.5i Header 06+ only !!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok hmm sounds fair and all, but if i have to worry about a CEL i would just get the Borlas, plus I dont think anyone wants to extend any O2 sensors.

:eek:

Def do not want to deal with CEL's and correct on your point if you have to deal with CEL's you could go the Replica route I have. I also am going the modded LGT route and this route too

If you don't want CEL's, do this:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/downsized_0813091806.jpg

this is the second cat. not monitored as stock.

I also made my own O2 extension, to reach but you can buy them online. not too expensive.

make sure to put a spacer/non-fouler for the O2.

Another way around the CEL is to use a ceramic catalyst Converter and place it as close to the primaries as possible. The key is to get the cat hot and keep it hot as early as possible. That's why the RS style headers on 2006 and newer legacies throw that CEL because the O2 bank in the ECU is calibrated for the higher heat assoc with it being so close to the engine

side note: couldn't wait for the mufflers, so I got two new XO2 cans. enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmcMrp_1YRY]YouTube - XO2 Mufflers on NA legacy with EJ20K exhaust manifold[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gCItgK05_Q]YouTube - NA legacy w/ Turbo exhaust manifold and XO2 mufflers[/ame]

I will say that the stock blimp aka resonator is very good at its job with those cans you should be able to hear it a lot more. BUT if that is how you like then you have the perfect setup.

Speaking of I scored a Magna FLow 24 Resonator for $33 shipped off eBay, and Two Magna Flow mufflers im gonna chop out that blimp for the magnaflow and see how that sounds

I will say that the stock blimp aka resonator is very good at its job with those cans you should be able to hear it a lot more. BUT if that is how you like then you have the perfect setup.

Speaking of I scored a Magna FLow 24 Resonator for $33 shipped off eBay, and Two Magna Flow mufflers im gonna chop out that blimp for the magnaflow and see how that sounds

i have magna flow on my car and they dont sound bad. i need this headers so it will sound even better lol

i have magna flow on my car and they dont sound bad. i need this headers so it will sound even better lol

You have MagnaFlow axlebacks? I must confess I ordered a Borla header along with my MagnaFlow parts for my exhaust. So basically I will be able to swap out the borla for the new design header when that gets made :eek:

huh? lol i dont understand what are you trying to say

We were shooting for 10 but if we do not get that many people we should move forward with the 6 people we have the cost would be slightly higher but ata least the project could go forward if not it will be tabled until interest pick up again

• 3 weeks later...
id be interested when i have the cash, its alot of money just for a sound( a souund thats soo soooooooooo sweet), its not like were going to get noticable gains with an exsaust.. i have pzev it sounds like im doomed from the get go though..

Archived