LegacyGT.com

GREEN Light for 2.5i Header 06+ only !!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is this going to mate up with the stock exhaust and flange? cause I really do not plan on getting anything muffler wise, I am still in but I bought the 2.5i for travel and a bit of back road fun.

How much "rumble" can you expect to get from this setup if you're not planning on aftermarket exhaust/muffler? Wouldn't it basically just sound like a stock LGT?

...lets say it is $1350 for the fab job that would be $67.50 per person. So now we need to come up with a way to get all the deposits from all the interested people once we have the deposit amount the shop will fab the piece...

Just to clarify, will the deposit amount go towards the purchase price of the header once produced?

How much "rumble" can you expect to get from this setup if you're not planning on aftermarket exhaust/muffler? Wouldn't it basically just sound like a stock LGT?

Your two issues PiKap ( which my cousin is in Pi Kappa Phi at Roanoke College) Sound wise if you stay stock minus the header you should expect it to be really quiet as you will still be running a cat and the factory resonators and the two stock mufflers. I would get a mid pipe or simply chop out the resonators and bolt on new mufflers but a Mid pipe fab job IS CHEAP. I have one made for $75 with a cat and res put in.

As Stated the first prototype is what will be used to make the units we have to pay for that fabrication then pay for the header it self. The price will be dependent on what metal is used, the type of cat used etc.

wait. an ej25 is an ej25. headers for 2.5RS will bolt onto the legacy will it not?

if i can not buy the headers for the 2.5 subaru motor from boxer4racing.com and use them then i am in.

Are you 06+? If so, you will have to re-route your entire catback AND extend your 02 sensors which will give you CELs if you go with the Borlas.

CELs?

NOPE this piece will have a High flow cat in the stock location. One of the main reasons for the CELS is that the cat is moved further downstream adn they dont heat as well and cats need heat to function

wait. an ej25 is an ej25. headers for 2.5RS will bolt onto the legacy will it not?

if i can not buy the headers for the 2.5 subaru motor from boxer4racing.com and use them then i am in.

You can use the rs headers just fine this piece will bolt up directly to 06+ exhaust layouts. The rs require custom mid piping and moving the cat downstream. You can go the other route wiht the RS header but this one should yield a more bolt on solution

I know there is a lot of discussion on prices an all but is there any ballpark estimate on grand total for one of these headers? Also, is the header going to be coated or stainless?

Well price wise neither to be honest if you want it be cheaper than unpolished will be the way to go SS and coating will drive up the price. If we got 30 ppl locked in on these I would say around $200-$215

i think im going to roll w the 2.5RS headers, extend the o2 sensor and roll w sti cat and aftermarket exhaust going down to single instead of dual exhaust. and 2.5rs intake manifold it will sound like a subaru deserves

ok thanks for sharing

Just to clarify for me - the only intended benefit of this header will be sound - no performance, no better oil filter access, no easier skidplate fitment. Correct?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived