LegacyGT.com

GREEN Light for 2.5i Header 06+ only !!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the 2010 model uses the same manifold as 06+ only difference really that Ive seen ( ive been under two so far) is that there is only one exhaust outlet the mid car flange appears to be the same but we know it is longer due the the stretch in wheel base.

i have been looking at the borla header . i'm hoping to find a used one to test fit it and see what needs to be done. i had the same problem with my grand am . i ended up making one

I bought a Pacer or Pacesetter header made for a Cavalier of Saturn They all ran the LD9 Twin Cam engine it fit perfectly and had that plumbed with one single 2.5 pipe with a resonator and a pair thrush turbo mufflers sounded very good :rolleyes:

If you can make a header then you should make one

yeah when i had my grand am i bought the same header and used that as a platform. i had to rerout the runners because it would hit the firewall on my 97

Yup same problem with me as well but the 96-98 GAGT and the 99+ GAGTS had a slight different in the steering rack and the fire wall locations. I beat the firewall in a few inches ( no harm) then used thermo wrap btwn the runner and the tub to prevent heat damage and vibrations.

have you heard the new GT? sounds the same as the "i" like I said....the legacy is dead.

Yeah I test drove a LGT from RK Subaru in VA Beach VA the power is so usable the 6 spd is more aggressive than I expected it doesn't actually look that bad.....and older LGT's dont have the rumble with the stock exhaust on .........but I knew that without the stock exhaust it wouldn't rumble and that is sad b/c it would be so F-ing mean :)

Dang dude, didn't know you were in the HR area! Im about 30 mins from there.

Yeah mayne i went to ODU bought my Subbie from RK Subaru and visit the area from time to time I knwo a lot of Scooby guys in the area my buddy Dizon had a 510WHP STi (tuned by Turbonetics I think) and my other friend has a 05 LGT that has a full custom 3" Flowmaster exhaust ( super loud very mean and fast ) so i have some back up in the area with my slow self. :lol:

ya i remember you saying you went to ODU, you should give me a shout next time you are around. You going to the richmond meet?

I heard about it on NASIOC actually in the MASIOC thread ima try I know a few guys in Charlottesville that are planning on it. Next Time I come to the 757 ill def give you a shout we could compare exhaust notes :lol:

Also I want to go Magnaflow resonator with MagnaFlow muffler but you dont need a fancy resonator a cherry bomb will do of a simply another muffler. itsme used three Borla mufflers ( 1 as a resonator 2 as mufflers) his setup is quiet but deadly

I heard about it on NASIOC actually in the MASIOC thread ima try I know a few guys in Charlottesville that are planning on it. Next Time I come to the 757 ill def give you a shout we could compare exhaust notes :lol:

Also I want to go Magnaflow resonator with MagnaFlow muffler but you dont need a fancy resonator a cherry bomb will do of a simply another muffler. itsme used three Borla mufflers ( 1 as a resonator 2 as mufflers) his setup is quiet but deadly

Sweet I might be heading up there, I found a Magnaflow, 20in long, 2.25 in/out diameter, sounds sufficient enough? I'm so close!! I can't wait to hear these with the Perrin exhaust OMG.

Sweet I might be heading up there, I found a Magnaflow, 20in long, 2.25 in/out diameter, sounds sufficient enough? I'm so close!! I can't wait to hear these with the Perrin exhaust OMG.

Are those the dimensions for your resonator ? If so that should be more than sufficient. Yeah if you have a Perrin Mid/Y pipe mated to a magnaflow resonator and your choice of mufflers id say you got a nice exhaust.

• 7 years later...
Fear not:

http://www.infernofab.com/exhaust.html

I had two sets of these and I think one of them is for sale in the F/S sections:)

Thanks it took me a long time to find this found it right before you messaged me I had to look through hundreds of pages before I found something I really like the stainless steel option also im assuming its the header and catted J Pipe

Archived