LegacyGT.com

GREEN Light for 2.5i Header 06+ only !!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/shp.jpg

There is something to give you a general idea now cat or no cat is the bigger question??

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - this shows what appear to be 2 O2 bungs, with no cat between them - guaranteed to throw a CEL?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - this shows what appear to be 2 O2 bungs, with no cat between them - guaranteed to throw a CEL?

this isnt the piece this was a piece a owner of a race shop built for hie 2.5i it was only used to show the primaries of the stock unit and an idea of how it would look. Sorry about that and you would be surprised how many run no cats w/o CELs

08-06-2009

Spoke to Brian at B&T Motor Sports today in depth and we spoke about the various design models for our needs. He said that it would take 2 days MAX and cost $800.00 for the first piece and then a SET price for the next 9. He said 10 total for the first run would be good but more if they are a definite! He said that by mirroring the turbo design it would save in fabrication time and overall cost :) In addition he was very open about the idea throwing in good idea's pertaining to overall design and ways to make the header as cost effective as possible. There was no mention of a cat but I think that in the long run that will benefit us better i.e. you can choose your own cat or not :lol:

So the price is tentatively set at $800.00 for the prototype and that design will dictate the final price I have to call him again tomorrow to feel out a ballpark price for each but from today's conversation we really wont be able to tell until the prototype is made and how much material was used to make that one. He said that he will try to fab the most efficient ( cost and performance wise) header possible. SO the first run will be for 10, now if there are 15 serious people that number will be bumped up which only means that it is cheaper for all.

1. GEE-OTTO

2. tleem00

3. enkeiandmore

4. LagBot

5.socallegacy

Once we get that ten ppl in place ill set up the two days to drop my car off at the shop or if you live closer to Lorton VA (any one in lower MD or other parts of VA) than I do and you want to run the prototype speak up I wont hog the fun :lol: We can then work out the most efficient way to collect the fab fee. Paypal?? and go forward from there

Soooo no cat converter...i thought thats what we wanted in the first place?

Which reminds me if we run it no cat....wouldnt that end up give a cel.... Or is that unknown at the moment either way im still in.

Soooo no cat converter...i thought thats what we wanted in the first place?

Yes it was BUT from a cost stand point it may or may not be in the final piece. It wont do any good to make a header that costs $500 if no one will buy it due to the price.

And the cat would be the most expensive part of a header, but only by a small amount cats are cheap for the right people and it is DEF in the rough plan.

I would like to see these stay under $300 so we could attract people in if we can integrate the catalytic convert and stay under $300 it is a done deal if we cant and it goes over $300 i would ask to see what you all think.

But I really dont think they will cost close to $300 a set seeing as how the prototype is only $800 and thats due to labor costs mostly material are only $50 BUCKS yeah no BS 6 feet of primary tubing and three flanges ive priced Magnaflow angled cats for $70/per so the base cost of a header vs a cat header is $70. :spin:

I have been swapping ideas with the shop so this is far from a idle issue folks

Archived