LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

I have an 08 spec.B with Cobb springs which I am not too fond of. They make noise and they are a bit too low I feel for my Bilstein struts IMO. I am interested in a set of USDM pink springs ideally but if they are not easy to come across I will consider aftermarket springs.

What springs (lower then stock) would work best on my spec.B?

Will the set of 08 STI springs I have be lower then stock if so how much lower?

I would appreciate any help, thank you

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The MSI springs are a good option, I just got my set but haven't had a chance to install them, yet. They're a re-issue of the Eibach Pro Kit. Very mild drop.

Here's the group buy thread, they're running $270 shipped now, I believe now that the GB is over.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/msi-sps-performance-spring-kit-129387.html

Eibach Springs (PN 7716140) for the 05+ Legacys are back in production. After reading this thread some months ago, I decided (for me) the Eibachs were the best choice. I searched all over the web and tried to find new or used ones without much luck. I contacted Eibach and they told me they had been out of production for some time. However, they said they were going back into production and they would be available the end of June. They actually were in stock mid June. I contacted a number of places (Tire rack, Jegs, Summit, Streetside) and they confirmed they could get them. Tire Rack wanted $229 plus $15 to ship but said it would take 3 weeks. Streetside (streetsideauto.com, 877-787-8989) had them in stock for $230 with free shipping. They said they would be comming from PA (to Boston) in probably 2 days. I'll let you know when I get them.

Not sure what MSI is.

Eibach stopped making the springs for our cars, but MSI put together a group buy to get a limited run made. That group buy is now done, though they have a few left over. So I guess like cdn said, they must have made a few extra and sent them to retailers.

I think MSI was selling the last sets for 250$ shipped in us, and can probly wrk out a a deal if you live in canada, as they are located here.

Hmmm, I had spoken to the folks at Eibach directly and no one said anything about limited run or leftovers from another order but who knows, either way they seem to be available a present and can be gotten shipped for $207. Do you know the timing because this production run supposedly happened in mid June.

BTW, Who or what is MSI?

Eibach stopped making the springs for our cars, but MSI put together a group buy to get a limited run made. That group buy is now done, though they have a few left over. So I guess like cdn said, they must have made a few extra and sent them to retailers.

I think MSI was selling the last sets for 250$ shipped in us, and can probly wrk out a a deal if you live in canada, as they are located here.

$270 shipped now, IIRC from the GB thread.

Hmmm, I had spoken to the folks at Eibach directly and no one said anything about limited run or leftovers from another order but who knows, either way they seem to be available a present and can be gotten shipped for $207. Do you know the timing because this production run supposedly happened in mid June.

BTW, Who or what is MSI?

any news on the eibach springs? i check streetsideauto and they dont have it in stock.

Seeing as they have not been available for some time, I'm guessing they would not have bought dozens of sets on hand not knowing how they would sell so they probably bought a few sets to test the waters and they went quick. On the site there is a "Notify me when available" to let you know when they have them, that was how I knew they were back in stock. That will probably help them get some idea how much interest is out there.

Got a Fedex tracking number today, they shipped Monday and should be here tomorrow, I'll let you know when they arrive.

So, I'm pretty sick and tired of being thrown around my car with my Koni/Pinks setup. I'm pretty happy with how the car sits, at about 1-2 finger gap all around (maybe it could go a little lower, very little), but the ride is just absurdly harsh. I don't know if its the fact that the Pinks have somewhere between 30k and 50k(bought my car with pinks already installed) miles or what. What I do know is that I'm ready to ditch the Pinks. I've been considering buying BC Coilovers or the RCE Tarmac 1s, but I don't want to shell out over $1000 for suspension bits right now.

With that said I'm looking at the following springs: Rallitek, Progress, and Epic Engineering, and Eibach.

Rallitek seems like a good choice, good drop, heard decent praise.

Progress I have not heard much about them on this board. However I rode in my friends LGT with them on stock struts and LOVED them. They felt awesome and the stance was great, but not sure if I'm going to be scraping my JDM bumper/lip all over the place with it.

Epic Enginering they're new, but seem to be similar to the Eibachs.

Eibach not sure if they're discontinued, restocked, what.. but have heard good things about them too.

I have an 08 spec.B with Cobb springs which I am not too fond of. They make noise and they are a bit too low I feel for my Bilstein struts IMO. I am interested in a set of USDM pink springs ideally but if they are not easy to come across I will consider aftermarket springs.

What springs (lower then stock) would work best on my spec.B?

Will the set of 08 STI springs I have be lower then stock if so how much lower?

I would appreciate any help, thank you

Jay

I have a correction as it was not my Cobb springs making noise it was the front and rear sway bar bushings. Turns out they were all dried and rusted so i had them regreased and all noise is gone. I know the Cobb springs are not the best spring for the Bilsteins but they came on the car when I bought it and I am not sprending 3-600$ to put a diff set of springs on the car.

cliff notes: cobbs arent bad, noise is gone / wasnt springs making noise

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Yep, I have had that happen to me. Most people install new bars, grease the bushings and then forget about them...untill the squeaks start. I actually put grease fittings on the sway bar bushings of my XR4ti, they needed to be greased about every 2 years and they were a pain to take apart.

I got my Eibachs today, everything looks good so far (they shiped the right part). I'll put them in within the next week and see how they work with the Bilstiens I installed before. Final price was $207 delivered, the folks at Streetside actually honored the 10% off on line coupon after I had placed the order over the phone, pretty nice of them. I know I'm probably going to have to get some spacers for the rear but I'm going to let them "settle" first. Any ideas how long that typicallly takes (miles/time)?

• 2 weeks later...
ok lookin to get a suspension set up but everyones combo is making it hard for me to understand. especially when the spec b is a different set up and also how the saggy butt is more "pronounced " on the wagons. i did search and i must just be terrible at searching. i have whittled it down to this. i have a 07 lgt sedan, non spec b, i was looking to get pinks with either konis or bilsteins. do i have to look for a certain kind of pinks? or do they work for both wrx's and leggys? (so i can shop around) also, i would not like a saggy butt, does this combination eliminate the problem or would i still need shims? does anyone currently have this setup? thanks.

Eibach Springs (PN 7716140) for the 05+ Legacys are back in production. After reading this thread some months ago, I decided (for me) the Eibachs were the best choice. I searched all over the web and tried to find new or used ones without much luck. I contacted Eibach and they told me they had been out of production for some time. However, they said they were going back into production and they would be available the end of June. They actually were in stock mid June. I contacted a number of places (Tire rack, Jegs, Summit, Streetside) and they confirmed they could get them. Tire Rack wanted $229 plus $15 to ship but said it would take 3 weeks. Streetside (streetsideauto.com, 877-787-8989) had them in stock for $230 with free shipping. They said they would be comming from PA (to Boston) in probably 2 days. I'll let you know when I get them.

Just ordered a set from Tirerack, thank you SO much for posting this, I never would have known they were in stock.

Glad to help, did you try Streetside, they were cheaper but someone else tried it and said they were out of stock.

As far as saggy butt, I'm resolved to installing the eibachs, waiting a month, installing shims to get the right height and then getting an alignment.

Glad to help, did you try Streetside, they were cheaper but someone else tried it and said they were out of stock.

As far as saggy butt, I'm resolved to installing the eibachs, waiting a month, installing shims to get the right height and then getting an alignment.

I checked the website a few times and it said they were out of stock. I signed up for the email alerts and waitied a few days and didn't receive anything. I probably should have called, but I saw TireRack said they only have "less than 2 left", which I assume is one :confused:, so I ordered so I didn't miss out. Thanks again!

Are you planning on taking any install pics?

With that said I'm looking at the following springs: Rallitek, Progress, and Epic Engineering, and Eibach.

Rallitek seems like a good choice, good drop, heard decent praise.

Progress I have not heard much about them on this board. However I rode in my friends LGT with them on stock struts and LOVED them. They felt awesome and the stance was great, but not sure if I'm going to be scraping my JDM bumper/lip all over the place with it.

Epic Enginering they're new, but seem to be similar to the Eibachs.

Eibach not sure if they're discontinued, restocked, what.. but have heard good things about them too.

Anyone have any experience with these springs? Pics?

Anyone have any experience with these springs? Pics?

Do a search thru thread titles for 'RalliTek' and then do one for 'Eibach'. Look for the threads that have quite a few page lengths, and then read through them. This one has alot of info on the Eibachs, there might be another one I'm not sure. There is a long thread about RalliTeks on here too. Have the search show results as threads so you can sort through them easier. They aren't all in Suspension/Brakes, some I think the RalliTek one is in the vendor section, or RalliTeks own section, and I think there is a lengthy Eibach one under the group buy thread under MSi.

If the search function here isn't showing alot, go to google and type site:Legacygt.com Eibach , etc.

Read this thread from start to finish there is a lot of information about each spring, you'll get a pretty clear picture of what is available and each characteristics (ride height, ride quality, etc.) As far as putting them in it's pretty simple: 3 nuts out of the top of the struts, 2 off the bottom and the struts come out (don't forget the hose clamp off the side for the brake line). I have used a deep socket grabbed by a vice grip (crude, I know) and allen wrench to get the top nut off after you compress the spring. 3 bolts off the rear and the same deal with the compressor and lock nut, pretty easy, just takes some time.