teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just joined the GB - thanks

Doesn't your 3.0R have Bilsteins? If so, the Eibachs probably aren't the best choice, as they are designed for the stock KYBs that came on non-Spec B and 3.0R USDM Legacies and LGTs. They will ride taller in front w/ your Bilsteins and Bilstein style top hats.

They won't be only in the front. However the fronts run different top hats which make the front of the car sit around 15mm higher than what the aftermarket spring company says they will

For the Eibach prokit through the MSI group buy... what should can I expect

:confused:What sort of ride difference will this be compared with stock 09 LGT, or any LGT. Softer, stiffer, feel the bumps more or less????:confused:

Basically my car is a DD, and there are a lot of crappy roads in MA, so I was looking for maybe a softer ride if anything, or at least not as rigid of a ride, where every bump is felt from head to toe, which seems to be what I get with my stock 09 LGT suspension.:spin:

Thanks for the input...

habitual derail-er

:confused:What sort of ride difference will this be compared with stock 09 LGT, or any LGT. Softer, stiffer, feel the bumps more or less????:confused:

Basically my car is a DD, and there are a lot of crappy roads in MA, so I was looking for maybe a softer ride if anything, or at least not as rigid of a ride, where every bump is felt from head to toe, which seems to be what I get with my stock 09 LGT suspension.:spin:

Sorry bud, but you're not going to get it to ride like a caddy. Adding lowering springs will only make you more unhappy. (stiffer and feel bumps more) :redface:

Yea, forget cushy ride it aints gonna happen. With upgraded dampers and matched springs it won't be softer but the suspension will react faster to bumps. I actually find my upgraded suspension quite comfortable .

Thanks for the input...

If you're looking for smoother rough-road drive, I'd consider going to a tire with more sidewall. I run 205/50/17 for snow tires and they definitely are easier on northern New England frost heaves and potholes than a 215/45 tire. I run Cobb springs with Whiteline bars so the suspension is stiffer than stock but by adjusting your tires you can take some of the bang out of those potholes while still eliminating body roll with a tight suspension

Indeed, you won't see a cushier ride, with upgraded struts and springs. :) The idea of the MSI/Eibach Pro Kit, though, is to offer a compromise between stock handling, and lower, more aggressive springs. The same thing Racecomp has with their Regular Guy springs, which just unfortunately didn't work out for we 2005-2009 owners. So, I think the MSIs will be a good alternative, for those of us who missed out on the Pro Kit.

does anybody recomment COBB MOTORSPORTS lowering springs for my 06 LGT???

I've got them along with Whiteline Adj Sways F+R and Kartboy endlinks. Love the ride. It's lower but I don't think it was the 1.75" drop they advertise, more like 1". That may be splitting hairs but it doesn't feel like a huge drop and the ride is firmer but definitely not harsh. It's hard to tell how much diff the springs made because I put them on at the same time as the sways but the feel is 100% better. Steering is more precise and I can actually feel the limits of the tire approaching without having to guess on the marshmallow stock suspension. There are probably several good ways to go for springs but I haven't heard anyone who was unhappy with Cobbs.

does anybody recommend COBB MOTORSPORTS lowering springs for my 06 LGT???

/\ Fixed???

If so, see post #90 on this page for a full review:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lowering-springs-recommendations-suggestions-please-111909p6.html

There's also an update in post #104.

Edited by captainhook

Ok, update on the Cobb springs . . . now having over 1500 miles on them the ride has become more harsh now that they've settled in. The stance looks simply phenomenal, however, decent bumps/pot holes freakin hurt. I've definitely bottomed out the front end a couple times. With that said, in my personal opinion: if you don't mind having to dodge/slow down for bumps+holes and you do lots of meets/shows, go Cobb . . . if you want a more liveable DD, I suggest Eibach's.

Edit: The car has now had 225/45-17 Bridgestone RE960AS's on for 5,000 miles and the ride is MUCH smoother has never bottomed out once! Love these tires!

Here's a good pic of the final stance:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/tunedlgt/IMG_2148-edited.jpg

hmmmmm...im kinda at a crossroads for springs. At first i was thinking about gettin tein s-techs but now im thinkin of cobbs and i think cobbs are a lil cheaper depending on where u get them but do u hav input on wut you think on teins??

I've never ridden on Tein S-Tech's myself, but most that have are not fans of the abusive ride and feedback. Just search this forum for Tein S-Tech and you'll see that there are many negative reviews.

o man really...thats too bad

so wut do you think would be the best lowering springs for its price?

Well most are in the same ballpark from $200-$250. The market has also changed a bit since I was looking for springs. I don't think Cobb is manufacturing their LGT springs anymore, and I know the Eibach production run is done. Both of those choices were proven to be good options. From what I've read, the Ralllitek springs provide a very nice ride but minimal drop. Probably best you first decide whether you prefer a lower more "slammed" look and can deal with a more abusive ride, or whether you prefer a minimal drop and better ride.