LegacyGT.com

I am thinking of driving my car - is that a good idea?

rao

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drive it like you stole it Rao!

But, might I suggest you stop every 15 minutes to check the oil with an analysis and at least get it changed once an hour. Please???

on the way to the rally yesterday we had to stop at autozone to pick up a relay for the jeep that was with us and washer fluid for merc and a guy(customer) in there saw us all pull in. he told us that ricers(reffering to mercs gt and the 2 wrxs with us lol) gain hp by pouring washer fluid in the oil. so rao, you might want to give that a try.

• 2 weeks later...

After talking with a Ferrari mechanic I found a way to minimize the start-up wear on my Subaru! This is a technique they use after every oil change, since the new oil has a ways to go to reach the top-mounted filter.

I turn the crankshaft several revolutions with a 1/2" socket wrench on the front of the engine before using the starter motor. This "pre-lubes" the engine without stressing any of its components. Don't forget to remove the wrench before cranking the starter!

Now my weekly drive to the grocery store will keep my Outback wagon in pristine shape!

Well fortunately the filter is mounted on the bottom of subarus.

I've been thinking about driving my car recently. But I took the engine apart and stored each part in a jar of oil to keep it from wearing out.

• 2 weeks later...
Muffler bearing wear is the number one contributing factor to vapor lock, global warming, and obesity in children. That is why he does not drive very often. I thought everyone knew that.

And it causes cancer... And can lead to other diseases in the bovine family... Basically, muffler bearing wear is the root of all evil in the world and even the United States. :)

make sure you put plexiglass plates over your rims during the winter so snow doesnt get to the rotors if you live in a state with snow. and drill holes in your headlight lens to drain the condensation out. and rao, i just had the craziest idea that would solve your engine wear problems, convert your car to electric, or a ngv. that would take care of any engine wear you worry about.

Archived