LegacyGT.com

I am thinking of driving my car - is that a good idea?

rao

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not really getting much help here. I have searched and searched but I can't find the answers to my questions :(

I do like the duct tape on idea for the tires, but that doesn't really help with everything else. Has anyone else put Clear Bra on the windows? Is there another brand that is better? I need to find a shop that will do this.

What type of octane are you putting in your car? cause if you can't afford to put premium in you should'nt have purchased the car!:lol:

That is a good point; I am also worried that I won't be able to find the right brand of gasoline. I ave read that it really matters and what if I end up somewhere and there isn't Top tier gasoline available :eek:

Also, what about transmission fluid and differential fluid? I haven't been able to find what I should use for maximum performance and protection - I mean I can't just use "regular" fluids, can I? Then I start to be concerned with the sway bar mounts failing, the oil pickup tube falling off and all of the other problems and it seems that not driving it is the safest thing.

Watch out for your car to start stuttering too! The other day mine started going vr-vr-vr-vr-vr-vr-vroooom. I googled stuttering and this website said their cd can help you with your stutter. Well I played it in my car and it didn't stutter any mores. Hooray for teh internets!

You should also put sandwich bags over your exhaust tips to help reduce your carbon footprint.

You need to get out there now and replace all that blue tape with duct tape. Blue tape is too thin to protect your car from all of the dangerous radiation from your garage lighting, and duct tape has special moisturizers that rejuvenate your clearcoat. :)
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Has anyone else put Clear Bra on the windows? Is there another brand that is better? I need to find a shop that will do this.

I use a sandwich of masking tape and epoxy...I don't trust those clear bra people to touch my car. They might not be wearing velvet gloves.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

and if you are driving on RE92's, you better change them out; they cause lots of accidents.:hide:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Just keep your garage filled with nitrogen.

When they thaw you out in 3057 the car will still be ready to run.

You know, the firs Rolls Royce car ever made is in a hermetically sealed chamber at all times, and greased and lubed regularly. It only leaves it's "Stasis Chamber" once or twice a year for car shows then it's back to it's time freeze.......

what is going on lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Little slow? Maybe you've just don't know Rao. Let me explain:

Sarcasm: harsh or bitter derision or irony.

He's also poking some fun at certain threads that have been posted. It's quite entertaining really.

Anyways Rao, you should have just bought a spec.B. They were specially engineered to withstand being driven.

:lol: Little slow? Maybe you've just don't know Rao. Let me explain:

Sarcasm: harsh or bitter derision or irony.

He's also poking some fun at certain threads that have been posted. It's quite entertaining really.

Anyways Rao, you should have just bought a spec.B. They were specially engineered to withstand being driven.

:lol:

It seems yours didn't have the rear quarter panel protector installed though :p

(BTW, how is that doing?)

Do it. ....Just make sure you sing mary had a little lamb backwards 15 times before you start the car. The engine feels more at home and won't get startled when you finally turn the key.

i'd suggest finding a manual crank and attaching it to your engine. start by cranking slowly, as to not hurt parts from moving quickly right away. build your speed and if you feel as though you're finally cranking fast enough, use a taser to manually inject a spark into the combustion chamber. while you're cranking and sparking, manually squeeze the fuel pump and then manually inject the fuel by squeezing the injectors.

ONLY when you're doing ALL of these things right will your car start up un-injured and be able to run. i wouldn't shut it off, though...the sudden change in engine speed will be no good. you're going to have to manually lower the RPMs to a low enough level until you feel comfortable with cutting fuel. you just gotta get a feel for it.

good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Wrong FORUM!!!! Can moderators be banned? :p

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z151/Legacy_NSFW/SorryRao.png

However, Sorry Rao is no longer a moderator...

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z151/Legacy_NSFW/IgnoreRaoScreenshot.png

:lol:

It seems yours didn't have the rear quarter panel protector installed though :p

(BTW, how is that doing?)

I know! The stupid dealer forgot to put it on!

I'll probably be taking care of it once I head home for the summer.

Best post I've read in a very long time.

I think the upside down is the best option, You don't want all those lubricants down in the bottom of the engine, if you decide to start it.

Storing upside down will keep the top cylinders etc well lubricated, then you can right her(if it's a her) just before you take that deep plunge into the abyss and turn that key.

In either case, I am sure you will be satisfied with your decision.

O.

Does Rao have the limited edition Inline-4 Legacy GT?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived