LegacyGT.com

I am thinking of driving my car - is that a good idea?

rao

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think it is safe to wipe my oil dipstick with a paper towel, or will the lint get into my engine and cause it to blow? And, if it's ok to use, what brand of paper towel do you recommend? (I just used Brawny :redface:)

Do you think it is safe to wipe my oil dipstick with a paper towel, or will the lint get into my engine and cause it to blow? And, if it's ok to use, what brand of paper towel do you recommend? (I just used Brawny :redface:)

You would actually consider putting the same dip stick back in :eek:

Your car is doomed!!! You should NEVER put an old dip stick in, always use a new one.

Your car is doomed!!! You should NEVER put an old dip stick in, always use a new one.

Really?! Oh, sh!t. I knew I should have let the dealer wipe my dipstick. I guess this voids my warranty :mad:

Guest heightsgtltd
Why would you hope that? There's nothing wrong with two men wiping dipsticks. Different strokes for different folks

Just to be safe you should put a condom over your dipstick.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/japan/images/lcac2101_jmsdf-01.jpg

u need one of these if you ever decide to move your car outside of the garage. this way no wear will be done on the tires, but you can still show it off proud to neighbors.

and of course, the car will have to stay in a hermetically sealed chamber, with UV blocking, tinted windows, and have it climate controlled to keep temps down. no stabilizing will be needed for the camber since you will already be riding on a cushion of air.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget, if you actually do start driving the car, that you will have to change the oil. Be sure not to let any of those shady quick-lube type places change the oil, they don't change the filter. Make sure you only have Subaru work on your car, they are the only ones who have complete knowledge of our overly complex modern cars.

While you have the dealer change your oil, make sure they replace it with the old OEM Black filter made in Japan. The new Blue ones are made in the USA, so you know they're crap. It would be a good idea to buy several cases of the old filters before they are all gone. Additionally, make sure you stand in the service bay and watch the tech perform the service. You can't trust him to put in that True Synthetic German Oil if you don't watch him.

• 2 months later...
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/japan/images/lcac2101_jmsdf-01.jpg

u need one of these if you ever decide to move your car outside of the garage. this way no wear will be done on the tires, but you can still show it off proud to neighbors.

and of course, the car will have to stay in a hermetically sealed chamber, with UV blocking, tinted windows, and have it climate controlled to keep temps down. no stabilizing will be needed for the camber since you will already be riding on a cushion of air.

Since most cars lose nearly a third of their value once they're driven off of the Dealership, I greatly encourage you to use the aforementioned hovercraft to prevent devaluation.

hey is it ok to drive without the oil cap on?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

The how are you ever going to put new oil in? :confused:

well I just figured the cap was to keep the oil from slosching out of the engine when you took turns too fast or when you mashed on the break pedal to stop.

and put new oil in? why? I'm using high mileage oil so I should be able to get some high mileage out of what I put in i thought.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

goes to show that just cause you can afford a bmw doesnt really mean you are smart enough to own one. "a geographical enthusiast directory" <<< this is what we need???

like those maps on social networks that let you put a push pin on a map that tells what city your friends are located in? i think itd be cool to have that. m/b for off topic

• 2 months later...

Archived