LegacyGT.com

I am thinking of driving my car - is that a good idea?

rao

Don't use Mobil 1 blinker fluid. It'll destroy your blinker motor's synchros.

That's what happened to mine. It also messed up the transfunctioner column.

I switched to JDM Amsoil blinker fluid and couldn't be happier. I usually change it every 3 months/30,000 blinks. I know Subaru's BFCI is recommended at every 75,000 blinks, but I really want my bulbs to last me. You think SOA will cover them under warranty if they blow? Otherwise I'm going to write a very angry letter to them, fully utilizing caps lock.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeping in the same vein of sarcasm that this thread has assumed, you may want to check out some of the maintenance items offerd here: http://kalecoauto.com. Don't forget to check out the forums for valuable tips on auto maintenance!

I am so all over this brake mod: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Its the shiznit!

Speed Holes, ftw..

Simply take a pick-axe and bury it in your car in various/multiple places for more powerrrr!! The more holes the better, and bigger is always better..

Why did I just post in this thread..?

speed holes in the tires is very important. I drilled a few holes and i promptly loss many pounds in the rotating mass.

also lowered the car about 2 inches. Another plus is you can see exactly where u get a puncture.

car for sale. PM me!

At room temp nitrogen is a gas. So all it will do is inert the atmosphere of the garage so no fires can start. But that would be a good thing so noone would be able to sneak in to the garage and start it. No oxygen, no combustion, no starting. That would be very good on your pistons, valves, and spark plugs.

Just keep your garage filled with nitrogen.

When they thaw you out in 3057 the car will still be ready to run.

Can someone tell me how much Rain-X I need to apply to my windshield so I won't have to replace my blades ever?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Guest heightsgtltd
Rain-X doesn't get applied to your windshield, it gets applied to the second secret windshield deep in your engine. Pour some directly on top of your intercooler and then load some into a pressure washer and shoot it into your exhaust :)

At room temp nitrogen is a gas. So all it will do is inert the atmosphere of the garage so no fires can start. But that would be a good thing so noone would be able to sneak in to the garage and start it. No oxygen, no combustion, no starting. That would be very good on your pistons, valves, and spark plugs.

I tried using nitrogen once. The problem is if ANY H20 (windshield washer tank) is in the garage, you end up with HNO3 (nitric acid) The resultant reactions are horrendous.

I stored a 62 Mini Cooper S using nitrogen. Unfortunately, it had Mini-lites on it and Nitric Acid plus magnesium = lots of hydrogen gas and heat. My neighbor took this pic of my garage after he heard the Boom.

Since then I have always used helium.

zbomb.jpg.3afaec29f31d6015c30c4f49e2e035db.jpg

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

:lol: buddy of mine had a GTI, we rigged the rear window spray nozzle with a tube and we'd shoot cars behind us at stop lights with washer spray.

ahhhh youth:rolleyes:

Rain-X doesn't get applied to your windshield, it gets applied to the second secret windshield deep in your engine. Pour some directly on top of your intercooler and then load some into a pressure washer and shoot it into your exhaust :)
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

:lol: buddy of mine had a GTI, we rigged the rear window spray nozzle with a tube and we'd shoot cars behind us at stop lights with washer spray.

LOL, I did that to my friend's car without him knowing... he started to wonder why cars stated honking whenever he used his rear wiper :lol:

bottle rockets out of the tail pipe ftw :lol:

bottle rockets out of the tail pipe ftw :lol:

In the sixties, many Volkswagens had,instead of pumps, pressurized tanks (filled via tire inflater's) for windshield washer fluid. You filled the reservoir and then,via device identical to a tire valve) added compressed air to the tank.

A combination knob, in the center of the dash, could be pushed to stream fluid to the windshield.

Back in those days, while it was a big no no to drive with a bottle of open booze in the car, yet driving while drunk was not so bad, An enterprising friend of mine modified the washer tank to dispense booze (rum) from the pressurized tank to the interior of the car with a push of the button.:lol:

"No officer, we are trying to find a coffee shop!"

Wanna shot????!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I am still amazed, at times, that I am still alive:eek:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

In the sixties, many Volkswagens had,instead of pumps, pressurized tanks (filled via tire inflater's) for windshield washer fluid. You filled the reservoir and then,via device identical to a tire valve) added compressed air to the tank.

A combination knob, in the center of the dash, could be pushed to stream fluid to the windshield.

Back in those days, while it was a big no no to drive with a bottle of open booze in the car, yet driving while drunk was not so bad, An enterprising friend of mine modified the washer tank to dispense booze (rum) from the pressurized tank to the interior of the car with a push of the button.:lol:

"No officer, we are trying to find a coffee shop!"

Wanna shot????!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I am still amazed, at times, that I am still alive:eek:

Actually - it did take air from the spare tire. So when you needed the spare tire it was already flat.

Those bugs were literal death traps with the gas tank just below the windshield. Using the gas tank as a crumple zone isn't the best idea in the world.

453747.png

Blue painter's tape?!! :eek: I take it you missed the thread on how thin the paint is on our cars. I find that hand rubbing butter on the exterior every night works best.

You also need to lick the butter off when removing your car from storage. Anything else will be to abrasive for the paint.:lol::lol::lol:

Blue painter's tape?!! :eek: I take it you missed the thread on how thin the paint is on our cars. I find that hand rubbing butter on the exterior every night works best.

I agree. Wax is far too abrasive. But I have gone and switched to synthetic.

http://www.wackypackages2007.com/images/ANS3/not-butter.jpg

this thread need a sticky.

Archived