LegacyGT.com

I am thinking of driving my car - is that a good idea?

rao

If my glove box is full, and I have to leave the door open, will I lose tire pressure if I drive in the sunshine?

You should be safe as far as tire pressure goes. But I've seen dyno proven gains of 15-20 whp from the "ram air" effect if you run ducting from your passenger side window to the glove box and drive in reverse.

Better yet, get a Perrin high flow glove box and get protuned for even more gains.

Just be sure to get the Bulletproof glovebox mod as the stock hinges have been known to separate if you go too fast in reverse. Many people swear by it as their first mod.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should be safe as far as tire pressure goes. But I've seen dyno proven gains of 15-20 whp from the "ram air" effect if you run ducting from your passenger side window to the glove box and drive in reverse.

Better yet, get a Perrin high flow glove box and get protuned for even more gains.

Just be sure to get the Bulletproof glovebox mod as the stock hinges have been known to separate if you go too fast in reverse. Many people swear by it as their first mod.

Really?

Ok, thanks. I asked about that and a whole bunch of haters laughed at me. Me thinks they're concerned my Subaru may one day beat them with great tech tips like that.

I also ordered carbon fiber wrapped window track hardware, that should help reduce the overall weight too.

I also ordered carbon fiber wrapped window track hardware, that should help reduce the overall weight too.

IMHO, you'll save a lot more weight if you get carbon fiber wrapped windows. Will make it hard to see out of the car at night though.

IMHO, you'll save a lot more weight if you get carbon fiber wrapped windows. Will make it hard to see out of the car at night though.

Well, considering how fast I believe I will be going, I'll be more focused on what's ahead of me and not to the side, seems like a no brainer.

I also bought two Tornadoes. One for the intake and one for the exhaust.

Would carbon fiber vinyl work just as well? I know it adds less HP than real CF, but at least it's better than painting the windows black.

No. Vinyl reacts with glass and the reaction creates anthrax gas. Your car will absolutely NOT pass the emissions test.

Keeping in the same vein of sarcasm that this thread has assumed, you may want to check out some of the maintenance items offerd here: http://kalecoauto.com. Don't forget to check out the forums for valuable tips on auto maintenance!

I am so all over this brake mod: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Its the shiznit!

Damn! Flux capacitor is 15k now?? Damn inflation! I'm gonna have to take out a loan when I need to replace mine. Btw does anyone know when you have to change your flux capacitor? My car has 408 miles on it now. I heard you have to drain the blinker fluid

and measure the PH of the fluid to determine if it is in.need of replacement. But I can't remember what the threshold was... Is it 7.7?

Damn! Flux capacitor is 15k now?? Damn inflation! I'm gonna have to take out a loan when I need to replace mine. Btw does anyone know when you have to change your flux capacitor? My car has 408 miles on it now. I heard you have to drain the blinker fluid

and measure the PH of the fluid to determine if it is in.need of replacement. But I can't remember what the threshold was... Is it 7.7?

Here's how to get a 'new' FC for free: travel back to the day you installed your FC, swap your [old] FC with your other self's [new] FC, repeat as needed. You'll probably want to start a new thread so that you can arrange a convenient time and place to meet up with your future selves. FYI things start getting really confusing after your 10th swap or so.

Also, I don't think you have a genuine FC. If you did you'd know that FC mileage is measured in years, not miles, and because time travel is inovled the formula for calculating mileage is very complicated. Checking the PH of the blinker fluid only works for cars equipped with JDM type-R VTEC modules.

One more detailing tip: if you are going to wash your turbo blanket, use the cold setting on your washing machine (because it spends its working life very hot and it likes the respite from a working day) with bleach because it is completely sterile when it is working and it would like to stay that way. It can be machine washed because it is part of a machine but should be hung up to dry because it is awesome. In fact, I would buy a clothesline just to show it off to the neighbours even if I have a dryer and use it for everything else.

Once you put it back on, it will give you that clean, fresh aroma if you have used fabric softener.

One more detailing tip: if you are going to wash your turbo blanket, use the cold setting on your washing machine (because it spends its working life very hot and it likes the respite from a working day) with bleach because it is completely sterile when it is working and it would like to stay that way. It can be machine washed because it is part of a machine but should be hung up to dry because it is awesome. In fact, I would buy a clothesline just to show it off to the neighbours even if I have a dryer and use it for everything else.

Once you put it back on, it will give you that clean, fresh aroma if you have used fabric softener.

On hot days I just stuff a bunch of dryer sheets in the hood scoop.

Guys, I might be getting a custom stage 1 map today for my legacy GT, it I upload it twice via my accessport, will that give me double the gains? Essentially, would I be stage 1+1? Also, does anyone have any charts for stage 1+1 vs OTS Cobb stage 2 maps?

Thanks.

Here's how to get a 'new' FC for free: travel back to the day you installed your FC, swap your [old] FC with your other self's [new] FC, repeat as needed. You'll probably want to start a new thread so that you can arrange a convenient time and place to meet up with your future selves. FYI things start getting really confusing after your 10th swap or so.

Also, I don't think you have a genuine FC. If you did you'd know that FC mileage is measured in years, not miles, and because time travel is inovled the formula for calculating mileage is very complicated. Checking the PH of the blinker fluid only works for cars equipped with JDM type-R VTEC modules.

Good call! I wonder if the moderators will catch me talking to myself from the past. Interesting. I will have to write this down. The past me might confuse the present me cause the past me didnt know this information!

I am learning so much!! No wonder I changed my blinker light fluid and everything looked fine according to the PH but I noticed the blink was .02 seconds off of timing. doesnt this effect my air/fuel ratio? No wonder my CF windows didnt seem to boost 50hp like it shouldve. I was running too lean! I cant trust any of those Honduh guys!

Guys, I might be getting a custom stage 1 map today for my legacy GT, it I upload it twice via my accessport, will that give me double the gains? Essentially, would I be stage 1+1? Also, does anyone have any charts for stage 1+1 vs OTS Cobb stage 2 maps?

Thanks.

I dont think so. I am pretty sure you multiple, not add. So if you do Stage 1 and upload it twice, you have 1X1 which is still 1. However. If you upload Stage 2. It is actually 2x2 which is stage 4!!! Better save up your money. You can quickly get up to stage 4 for not that much more money.

However. If you upload Stage 2. It is actually 2x2 which is stage 4!!! Better save up your money. You can quickly get up to stage 4 for not that much more money.

This is incorrect. Subarus are AWD, so a 2x2 upgrade will not be compatible. You need a 4x4 upgrade if you want the drivetrain to function properly.

Dear me (in 2014),

Don't ever forget this thread, especially the stuff about time travel. Meet me at our secret 1/4 mile strip on 7/1/14 @ 12pm. Tell your boss you need to leave work because you feel sick. Trust me, he'll believe you.

Sincerely,

Future me (from 2025)

PS. Don't forget to bring your new flux capacitor.

Where were you (2025 me) today?

I was at the meeting place at the time you said to be there and you never showed up.

Are you just screwing around because you're from the future?

I (future you) was there today, you (present you) just don't remember. One of the side-effects of meeting your (my) future self is that sometimes you (I) have no memory of the interaction. I (future you) told you (present me) that when we met up, but obviously your (present) memory has already erased it. I (future you) remember it though, so technically you (present me) will too someday. Is that weird or what?

Of course I'm not just screwing around with you (2014 me)! The potential negative consequences of screwing around with time travel are far too serious to be taken lightly. The most I'd ever consider doing would be posting a response to a question you haven't yet asked.

Dear me (in 2014),

Don't ever forget this thread, especially the stuff about time travel. Meet me at our secret 1/4 mile strip on 7/1/14 @ 12pm. Tell your boss you need to leave work because you feel sick. Trust me, he'll believe you.

Sincerely,

Future me (from 2025)

PS. Don't forget to bring your new flux capacitor.

Where were you (2025 me) today?

I was at the meeting place at the time you said to be there and you never showed up.

Are you just screwing around because you're from the future?

• 1 year later...
I think the upside down is the best option, You don't want all those lubricants down in the bottom of the engine, if you decide to start it.

Storing upside down will keep the top cylinders etc well lubricated, then you can right her(if it's a her) just before you take that deep plunge into the abyss and turn that key.

But.

Subies have the top cylinders on the sides.

So.

He needs to store the car first on one side, then on the other. An equal amount on each side, say, 12 hours.

Then.

Just before starting it up, turn it upside down for 6 hours, turn it onto the wheels, wait another 6 hours, start it, and pull out of the garage. Once outside, get out, walk around, enjoying the way the sunlight plays on the sparkling metallic paint.

After a moment or two of blissful drooling, get in, drive it back into the safety of the garage, and close the door, shutting the door to keep out the evil of the outside world.

Oh, and be sure to get it onto its side quickly to keep the top cylinder areas in good condition.

I typically keep it stored on jack stands so that the tires and suspension do not get :flat spotted", but they I read that could cause damage to the frame and to the bushings, so now I alternate daily between the stands and the ground, but I do rotate the tires a 1/4 turn each time so that do not get any uneven wear.

I rotate my tires 1/8 turn clockwise on even days, and 3/8 turn counterclockwise on odd days. Then I reverse that process every other week.

Then, on every third month I rotate the tires 3/8 turn clockwise on even days and 1/8 turn counterclockwise on odd days, reversing it all on every other week.

I love my car.

Mrs. Racer is insanely jealous.

She says I need to rotate her, um, well, never mind . . . . . . . . .

I rotate my tires 1/8 turn clockwise on even days, and 3/8 turn counterclockwise on odd days. Then I reverse that process every other week.

Then, on every third month I rotate the tires 3/8 turn clockwise on even days and 1/8 turn counterclockwise on odd days, reversing it all on every other week.

I love my car.

Mrs. Racer is insanely jealous.

She says I need to rotate her, um, well, never mind . . . . . . . . .

Would you consider posting a youtube tutorial explaining your tire rotation method?

Archived