LegacyGT.com

I am thinking of driving my car - is that a good idea?

rao

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could buy a Porsche or a Gallardo and keep your LGT shrink-wrapped up on blocks in a barn somewhere.

Mind you the above two cars mentioned above will still get beat by the LGT resting in the barn. But at least it won't be depreciating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I just read through this whole entire thread and I just wanted to bump it cause it was one of the funniest threads i think i have read.

I have nothing to contribute because you guys have literally thought of everything and I feel my suggestions would not come close to how much detail you guys have put into preserving your cars

I have yet to check my blinker fluid the life of the car, I can never forgive myself for forgetting such an important thing.

I dont know where rao is now but I hope that he didnt get buried with his car if he tried to bury it to keep it away from uv, sun and air. Perhaps he hermetically sealed the car with nitrogen and then buried it, upside down. and accidentally got caught down there. I hope not.

I have yet to check my blinker fluid the life of the car, I can never forgive myself for forgetting such an important thing.

The blinker fluid on my GL is low, hoping for some rain...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z314/987687/89%20GL/blinkerfluid.jpg

• 7 months later...
Before we can help you, we are going to need more information. Is your car a 2.0L or the 2.5L? Also what is your tire size, and do you have the regular or premium sound system? What type of gravel is it? Can you give us the mean diameter of a standard piece of gravel? Until you give us that info, I'm going to say play it safe and call a flatbed. Especially if you have the 2.5L engine - that one is particularly troublesome on gravel.

I have an unpaved driveway. Will the gravel mess up my sensitive 4wd system? Will it burn out early from having to compensate for uneven terrain?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

LOL I bumped this thread after a year and a half and you just did the same thing. Forgot about this hilarious thread. But on a more serious note, about your question, everything fastback said is true however I disagree on a few things. Everyone knows the size of the gravel is not as important as the thread pattern on your tires. You have to get racing slicks so that the gravel won't even get stuck in the thread! And also check the season rating of the tires. I learned this the hard way when all four tires fell off my car. The technician said something about rusted lug nuts and my 40mm wheel spacers (to save money I bought four 10 mm and stacked them together) then I went to home depot and put a bolt to hold them together and to attach the lugs. But the tech didn't know what he was talking about I suspect my tires were summer tires and I drove it during the fall. I think they weren't rated for the fall and gravel got into the thread and all my tires fell off. Although, good point about the 2.5L.... This all happened on my 2.5 legacy...I will have to call tire rack soon to order my fall tires now that I think.about It

Before we can help you, we are going to need more information. Is your car a 2.0L or the 2.5L? Also what is your tire size, and do you have the regular or premium sound system? What type of gravel is it? Can you give us the mean diameter of a standard piece of gravel? Until you give us that info, I'm going to say play it safe and call a flatbed. Especially if you have the 2.5L engine - that one is particularly troublesome on gravel.

2.5L Spec BRZ Special edition. I'm running forumla one style slicks 305 70 18's. I do have premium sound with the East coast Nav CD. Gravel diameter is continously variable. Flatbed is on the way but I have to put the car in neutral first.

LOL I bumped this thread after a year and a half and you just did the same thing. Forgot about this hilarious thread. But on a more serious note, about your question, everything fastback said is true however I disagree on a few things. Everyone knows the size of the gravel is not as important as the thread pattern on your tires. You have to get racing slicks so that the gravel won't even get stuck in the thread! And also check the season rating of the tires. I learned this the hard way when all four tires fell off my car. The technician said something about rusted lug nuts and my 40mm wheel spacers (to save money I bought four 10 mm and stacked them together) then I went to home depot and put a bolt to hold them together and to attach the lugs. But the tech didn't know what he was talking about I suspect my tires were summer tires and I drove it during the fall. I think they weren't rated for the fall and gravel got into the thread and all my tires fell off. Although, good point about the 2.5L.... This all happened on my 2.5 legacy...I will have to call tire rack soon to order my fall tires now that I think.about It

I"m running slicks. Is that okay. I think I will order my fall slicks too, thanks for the reminder.

Don't forget to pad the underside and sides of the car while driving on gravel to avoid chips.

And particular brand of padding recommended. I hear Rotella makes an excellent underbody padding. Should I use full synthetic or blended fibers?

I just don't want to mess it up.

Thanks.

2.5L Spec BRZ Special edition. I'm running forumla one style slicks 305 70 18's. I do have premium sound with the East coast Nav CD. Gravel diameter is continously variable. Flatbed is on the way but I have to put the car in neutral first.

I"m running slicks. Is that okay. I think I will order my fall slicks too, thanks for the reminder.

And particular brand of padding recommended. I hear Rotella makes an excellent underbody padding. Should I use full synthetic or blended fibers?

I just don't want to mess it up.

Thanks.

You can run fiber padding if you really don't give a shit about your car. A full carbon underbody tray is the only "true" solution. Of course you'll want to replace that with a new one once you're done driving, as it will look bad from the rock chips.

If you have a 2.5L engine I suggest draining the oil and filling it with formaldehyde. They're going to be a rare sight in 20 years, it'll be really valuable.

NO.

I had a dream a few days ago. Panera's broccoli cheddar soup is the mix you want in the motor. Good for lubrication AND delicious. My oil test said so in my dream.

Really. I dreamed I had that soup as oil in my 4th gen. So delicious.

Archived