LegacyGT.com

Subie Love? WRX punks?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got subie love only once here in mass. guy with his gf in an STi on 93 to 3 keep pace with me all the way from boston to marshfield.

there's not much driving love just because all the drivers here are assholes and beep at you if you don't go WOT the instant the light turns green.

only other time i saw people with LGTs and it not being some old lady driving around was on saturday. :)

After thirty years living in and around Boston I returned to my native WV.... and almost got put away for my driving. :lol::rolleyes: You drive like that around here and you WILL get your a$$ kicked, your pockets full of tickets, and what ever friends you have will disown you. But in MA/NE you either eat, or be eaten.

It took me nearly a year to break some habits. Yet, even now after almost twenty years here, I still get $hit for some things. :) The way I see it, these people are at the OTHER end of that spectrum....

After more than four years it wasn't until the last month I had my LGT I got some Suby love....a hundred miles from where I live by another GRP LGT, who drove around my just parked GT looking at it, then at me, and then roared off hitting the rev limiter. But the Suby world here mainly consists of NA cars and wagons, the WRXs are just cars, and turboed Subys are very rare. Even those are driven like Buicks. :rolleyes: Other than the rare meet with the couple of known LGT friends here there isn't any "Suby love."

i got subie love only once here in mass. guy with his gf in an STi on 93 to 3 keep pace with me all the way from boston to marshfield.

there's not much driving love just because all the drivers here are Massholes and beep at you if you don't go WOT the instant the light turns green.

only other time i saw people with LGTs and it not being some old lady driving around was on saturday. :)

Corrected.:lol:

After thirty years living in and around Boston I returned to my native WV.... and almost got put away for my driving. :lol::rolleyes: You drive like that around here and you WILL get your a$$ kicked, your pockets full of tickets, and what ever friends you have will disown you. But in MA/NE you either eat, or be eaten.

It took me nearly a year to break some habits. Yet, even now after almost twenty years here, I still get for some things. :) The way I see it, these people are at the OTHER end of that spectrum....

After more than four years it wasn't until the last month I had my LGT I got some Suby love....a hundred miles from where I live by another GRP LGT, who drove around my just parked GT looking at it, then at me, and then roared off hitting the rev limiter. But the Suby world here mainly consists of NA cars and wagons, the WRXs are just cars, and turboed Subys are very rare. Even those are driven like Buicks. :rolleyes: Other than the rare meet with the couple of known LGT friends here there isn't any "Suby love."

+1. heck i'll be the first to admit that im a "typical" masshole driver. id like to say i'm a safe and responsible driver even when people piss me off, but i'm sure i piss people off too. overall, i'd like to consider that i'm a fairly safe and non-reckless driver (definitely compared to how i use to drive when i was 16). :D

yeah i grew up driving here and this is how/where i learned. *shrug* from my experience, i think people in seattle are the "nicest" drivers. they would be eaten alive if trying to navigate the streets/highways around boston along with your WV friends. :)

i've definitely gotten the finger wayyy more than the friendly wave.

*waves*

I know exactly how you feel

U must not be near nova. I couldn't get my right shoe in my car w/o someone trying to ask me what I had done or what i killed with it.

the only other legacys I see around me are non gts and old woman driving, i never get love
Ditto. I barely see them when I am in jersey. I barely saw them here. Let it be Va or Md I would hear them downshift before I saw them comming.

I have no F'ing clue where Cherry Hill is.

LOL my subaru found cherry hill and I found SOA. Looks smaller than I thought.

the only other legacys I see around me are non gts and old woman driving, i never get love :(

Same here. I have seen maybe three other LGT's and it was a 65+ year old man in one and the others I couldn't see who was driving. But it definately seems as though WRX owners have no love for LGT's. You wave and they just keep on driving like D-bags.

This afternoon I was sitting in my office with the window open. A gang of teen boys on rollerblades is working their way through the neighborhood hanging advertisements on doorknobs. One goes past my garage and does a 360. Screams across the street to his buddy: "Hey, this is my car, the Legacy GT!".

Same here. I have seen maybe three other LGT's and it was a 65+ year old man in one and the others I couldn't see who was driving. But it definately seems as though WRX owners have no love for LGT's. You wave and they just keep on driving like D-bags.
Umm, that would be because you don't have a WRX. Do you wave to Outbacks? Tribecas? Bet not. If I waved to every Subaru I saw around here, my arm would fall off.

Posted a poll on NASIOC and 85% of WRX owners in New England say they wave to other WRX owners. Yet I've had two wave to me in the time I've owned it (November). I've waved to a few LGT's and they've all given me a WTF? look.

But tonight we went to dinner at a place in NJ and I parked all the way out in the parking lot. When I came out, there was a Tribeca parked next to me. Subarus huddled together for warmth....

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/480266321_VTWkf-L.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I do see the difference between the LGT driver and the WRX driver. The WRX drivers seem to be the asshats showing off and the LGT drivers seem to be the chill not so dangerous drivers. I'm young and I like to think that I'm a calm driver. I don't drive 15 over the speed limit anywhere and I only drive slightly over the speed limit if the roads permit.

I'm almost 19 and I'm attracted to the newer LGT. I must be an outlier?

+1. heck i'll be the first to admit that im a "typical" masshole driver. id like to say i'm a safe and responsible driver even when people piss me off, but i'm sure i piss people off too. overall, i'd like to consider that i'm a fairly safe and non-reckless driver (definitely compared to how i use to drive when i was 16). :D

yeah i grew up driving here and this is how/where i learned. *shrug* from my experience, i think people in seattle are the "nicest" drivers. they would be eaten alive if trying to navigate the streets/highways around boston along with your WV friends. :)

i've definitely gotten the finger wayyy more than the friendly wave.

*waves*

There are so many subaru's around here (probably 50-60% of the cars I pass every day are subarus including many LGT's and WRX's). I can definitely see where you are coming from. I wave and honk all day long and can say that 99% of them look at me like I'm crazy.

Boston driving definitely is eat or be eaten. My father used to drive 18 wheelers through the city making deliverys and he's definitely got city driving down. Massholes may move but they keep their driving habits. I always drive in the city now since I'm in fear of losing my car but he's good at the navigating. :lol:

I do see the difference between the LGT driver and the WRX driver. The WRX drivers seem to be the asshats showing off and the LGT drivers seem to be the chill not so dangerous drivers. I'm young and I like to think that I'm a calm driver. I don't drive 15 over the speed limit anywhere and I only drive slightly over the speed limit if the roads permit.

I'm almost 19 and I'm attracted to the newer LGT. I must be an outlier?//

There is an Impreza owners poll on NASIOC and 93% of Impreza owners who responded are 35 or younger.

There is an owners poll here, but some of the folks voting don't have LGTS, so it may not quite line up. If it's accurate, roughly 71% of LGT owners are 35 or under. So it's not quite the old mans car of industry reputation.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

There is an Impreza owners poll on NASIOC and 93% of Impreza owners who responded are 35 or younger.

There is an owners poll here, but some of the folks voting don't have LGTS, so it may not quite line up. If it's accurate, roughly 71% of LGT owners are 35 or under. So it's not quite the old mans car of industry reputation.

You are forgetting the source of the poll....the internet whitch is a young mans area (no offense bosco). Look at the drivers when you pass them and judge for yourself ;)

so this morning, i drove by FOUR (4) rexies. and you know what? i waved to each and every one of them. and you also know what? they didn't wave back.

bastids!

You don't have a WRX.

Did you try waving to Outbacks and Tribecas?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived