LegacyGT.com

Subie Love? WRX punks?

correct. i don't have a wrx.

no i dont wave to outbacks bc everyone has one. plus they tend to be middle aged crusty green tree loving people. make sense? (sorry to stereotype, but its just so damn easy!)

don't see too many tribecas. my neighbor recently got one, and i started to talk to him about it, but he obviously didn't know wtf was a boxer engine or anything. blah.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't have a WRX.

Did you try waving to Outbacks and Tribecas?

Dude you just dont wanna admit you drive a car associated with punk kids. YOU DO. get over it

You may have the newer version which most younger people cant afford but the WRX(manily thanks to the bugeye body) is alot of young street racers dream come true lol.

I bet it's because most WRX drivers have no clue what a LGT is… They do seem to be quite elitist.

I'll admit when i was a WRX driver i had no clue what an LGT was and thought a legacy was just a fam car. but i actually hated the fact that i had a "kids" car. :spin: then the WRX when byebye and i found this spec b and did research... then i knew what a LGT was and what it was capable of..:rolleyes:

You don't have a WRX.

Did you try waving to Outbacks and Tribecas?

You know, I've seen people say these kinds of things, but I think the point that people are trying to make is that we wave to people who not only appreciate having a Subaru, but more so to the people who have a turbo Subaru as you don't need the turbo, you want the turbo and therefore have an appreciation for the capabilties of the Subaru and are in a class of your own. Typically people who buy the turbo will mod them and therefore can better appreciate Subaru more and the problem is that no one thinks to put the Legacy GT/Spec.B in that catagory when it should. I think alot of people are saying that the WRX/STi think that there cars are the only special ones and that they are in a club of their own and forget about/don't know about the Legacys.

I don't think I'm saying this properly to make sense, but hopefully someone gets what I'm trying to say.

But anyway, this is why we don't wave to EVERY Subaru. I think the Legacy owners are just wanting people to recognize that they bought their cars for some of the same reasons as the people bought the WRX/STi's and then some. It takes a special (in most cases) person to buy the turbo cars that Subaru makes and not everyone will fit into this catagory. Typically people who will buy the turboed Subaru appreciate Subaru for its heratige and potential....not because it was named SUV of the year, and I think that when people here are saying they get no love it's because they are not being recognized in the "club" of Subaru owners who 1: actually own a turbo Subaru, 2: can appreciate ALL aspects of the Subaru heratige, 3: are more "in touch" with there vehicles and can take a 224+ hp car and have the possiblity to turn it in to a monster....to name a few.

Dude you just dont wanna admit you drive a car associated with Old men. YOU DO. get over it

You may have the newer version which some cant afford but the SpecB is a lot of old street racers dream come true lol.

Fixed.

I'm having fun messing with you all since I am old (55) but driving a WRX. Not only that, but I changed the letters in back to say Prius.

I bought the WRX because every time I showed up at an autocross there were 6-10 WRX. It's also 16" shorter that the Legacy/Outback so it's a lot easier to park in the city. Still have the 3.0R OBW as well.

I've found that the only WRX's that are sure to wave to me are other WRB ones. And it's just a thumbs up at most because, for example, on the way bback from NJ yesterday I saw half a dozen WRX.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I rarely see a spec b but when i do its never an old man driving it. Hell i rarely see a lgt. I saw what looked like a garnet red lgt coming down my street while i was outside so i stopped to look and as it got closer i saw a frount mount and rims and as it passed exhaust. Thats the only frount mount lgt i have seen other then cars shows, shops and the forums.

I stopped bothering to wave or flash lights @ WRX drivers, they all just give you a dumb look. Though people in STis seem to be "in the club". Just about every one I run into makes a point to pull up next to and wave, have a little safe fun, flash lights etc. Likely because they are actually also Subaru/auto enthusiasts?? How can you drive Brand S, Model Y, and not at least be able to identify the similarity between that and Brand X Model Z :confused::spin:

But anyway, this is why we don't wave to EVERY Subaru. I think the Legacy owners are just wanting people to recognize that they bought their cars for some of the same reasons as the people bought the WRX/STi's and then some. It takes a special (in most cases) person to buy the turbo cars that Subaru makes and not everyone will fit into this catagory. Typically people who will buy the turboed Subaru appreciate Subaru for its heratige and potential....not because it was named SUV of the year, and I think that when people here are saying they get no love it's because they are not being recognized in the "club" of Subaru owners who 1: actually own a turbo Subaru, 2: can appreciate ALL aspects of the Subaru heratige, 3: are more "in touch" with there vehicles and can take a 224+ hp car and have the possiblity to turn it in to a monster....to name a few.

I'm not sure I exactly understand what you're saying. But I think you are trying to say that people who typically buy turbo'd cars are more in touch with the brand.

I would say that isn't true at all in new england. I pass so many subaru's every day and that includes many Turbo'd legacy GT's, STI's, and WRX's. And I can surely say when I flash my lights or throw a wave not one of them does the same back. I just get a really weird look. We're probably talking about 20 turbo subaru's a day.

I know around here many people who don't really care that they have a turbo. The need for AWD in this area is very high which would explain why there's such a high amount of subarus in the area. If the dealer can throw a bunch of them on the lot people are going to buy them turbo or not. Some people buy them because they look sporty or they like the features. I really don't think most of them care about what kind of car it is hence why the don't wave back.

Maybe I have a crazy point of view. Or I'm just crazy. :lol: either way it's not really news to me.

I'm not sure I exactly understand what you're saying. But I think you are trying to say that people who typically buy turbo'd cars are more in touch with the brand.

I would say that isn't true at all in new england. I pass so many subaru's every day and that includes many Turbo'd legacy GT's, STI's, and WRX's. And I can surely say when I flash my lights or throw a wave not one of them does the same back. I just get a really weird look. We're probably talking about 20 turbo subaru's a day.

I know around here many people who don't really care that they have a turbo. The need for AWD in this area is very high which would explain why there's such a high amount of subarus in the area. If the dealer can throw a bunch of them on the lot people are going to buy them turbo or not. Some people buy them because they look sporty or they like the features. I really don't think most of them care about what kind of car it is hence why the don't wave back.

Maybe I have a crazy point of view. Or I'm just crazy. :lol: either way it's not really news to me.

Well, fair enough....I know in Texas, I might see a Subaru once every three days (except for the other two that are at my house not including my LGT :)) and I VERY rarely see a turbo car here that has been left alone. Most people here with turbo Subarus mod them. However I realize the further north one goes, the story changes....and in that case, you would have to ask yourself, when is is time to waive and and when not. Who do you waive to? I think the thing is that the WRX and STI's are strictly an enthusiast car whereas the Legacy isn't...there are enthusuiast in them...sometimes (in Texas, if it's turbo, the person driving is an enthusiast)....

I don't know...I'm just rambling now. Sorry....

Anyway, I don't waive to Subie owners unless they have a turbo. I'm like that!:lol::spin::lol:

I figured that when I saw you were in Texas.

But really, one of these days I'm actually going to count how many subaru's I see and how many are turbo'd. I would guess I see at least 50 subaru's a day. I usually try to waive to the one's that have tint or the one's that look slightly modded. STI's and WRX owners are usually old men or really young kids.

Either way they don't wave. I don't even bother with outbacks, N/A's, tribeccas,and foresters. There are way too many. My arm would have fallen off by now.

i had a wrx wagon for a year and half. i would wave at other wrxs. i would say 60% of the time, people would wave back. my wife sitting next to me would shake her head like "you guys are crazy". my friends never understood the waving thing either. it always brought a big grin on my face.

since i got my lgt wagon, i've tried waving to other subies, but, rarely have gotten a response. it's like you gotta look and make sure that the other driver is in into "that" or not. or, if they fit the profile of a waver. forester and outback owners are usually not into waving...

• 2 weeks later...

stereotypical wrx owner?

so i was driving home today and at a red light a black, tinted, and debagged wrx pulls up next to me. i looked over, to try to get their attention and the second i thought i did, give a little wave.

apparently it was a girl in a hoodie with the hood on. and she was playing with her iphone or something -- apparently too busy to give me a wave. the light turns green, i hear her loud fart can take off. i turn a left and see she's getting onto I90...doing about 80 mph on the on-ramp. wth.

crazy street racers! :spin:

Now i just remembered something that happened two weeks ago. I was on 287 north driving pretty fast. I pass an 07 red imprezza 2.5i who was driving calmly in the middle. later on i see them weaving like they were trying to catch up to me. They get behind me, talgating me and im already going really fast. they start honking and the driver put his hand out the window. i thought he was waving so i waved back. Then my exit was coming up so got out of the lane and i saw the guy speed up to talegate the person that was infront of me. he starts honking his horn and has his hand out the window again. i was like WTH if they wanted to go they could have passed the guy on the right side instead of being an ass.

^ I understand he must have been trying to race, but he shouldn't have to pass on the right. If you're going slower than the people in the left lane than you need to move over and the next guy.

agreed but he was just being an ass. he was honking his horn right after i left the lane to get the guy in front of me to move. granted he was moving very slowly and no one was in front of him and he just passed most of the cars on the right.

turning into a gas station, a blue wrx is leaving... spots me and floors it almost into the person in front of him! lol i was like wtf and the worst thing was... it had an exhaust that looks like it came off a civic... i swear my d%ck was bigger then the canister

Yeah this has happened to me before when I was with my ex-gf, we were rolling up to a stop light when a guy in a very shabby looking 04-05 wrx comes up beside us. Didn't really pay him any mind because I was in the middle of a convo with her. I eventually looked over at him and gave him a nod, but he didn't seem too friendly. He floors it only to slam on brakes at the next stop light.

I always try to give a wave to the n/a Legacys when I spot one, hardly ever see any GTs. As for the WRX, I usually get the WTF look, so I don't bother. I'll get waves from the wrx crowd every now and then.

Yeah this has happened to me before when I was with my ex-gf, we were rolling up to a stop light when a guy in a very shabby looking 04-05 wrx comes up beside us. Didn't really pay him any mind because I was in the middle of a convo with her. I eventually looked over at him and gave him a nod, but he didn't seem too friendly. He floors it only to slam on brakes at the next stop light.

I always try to give a wave to the n/a Legacys when I spot one, hardly ever see any GTs. As for the WRX, I usually get the WTF look, so I don't bother. I'll get waves from the wrx crowd every now and then.

I hate that I rarely even see a Subaru here in Texas...and lately, when I have seen WRX's, they've always been old guys who aren't in to the mod thing, so they don't care to wave....I guess this part of subie culture is "going out the window". Too many people are starting to find used WRX's/STi's and then with Subaru going more mainstream with their designs, more people are buying the rex and STi, and they don't know about the Subie culture or could not care less, and thus no waving or nodding. Alot of these people are buying these cars solely because they think they are fast ans heard Subaru is good....They could care less about the culture/history with ur-a-bus.:lol:

Just my observation...could be different elsewhere.

Every observation I've seen here is true, but I have found ways to compisate the lack of education of younger WRX/Sti Drivers.

1. I will not give every luny the satisfaction of getting raped off the line by Leggy. ( I know I can , but I wont)

2. I autocross so that is my venue to shine or atleast show this amazing sleeper has big kahunas, so don't mess with a leggy. Its great beating WRX's and Stis in STU class with a longer wheel base, more weight and less power.

3. I don't get waves, but try to wave. I'm still going to do my part.

I do have to admit thanks to Autoxdad I've aquired a Stromung exhaust and Tein C/O. I have purchased SPT CAI, Whiteline Sways, and COBB AP.

Nobody knows my car from a Malibu going down the road until I am vigorus on the gas. I enjoy this and believe this is one of the high points of the Leggy.

The way I see it the people I want respect from with a wave either know me from AutoX or Subie meets. These are people I respect and they respect me.

So keep on cruising your Leggy no matter what and remember your ride has style, power, and comfortablity. Thats why everyone is jealous.

I'm probably the youngest legacy driver on this site and try to give as much respect to other subbies as possible. But I have gotten mixed signals back from sti's and wrx's, the other day a 08 sti is at a light with a huge subaru decal on it and I pull up next to him. Give him a nod and wave, he just looks right at me and trys to stare me down I was like wtf? Then theres other sti's by me that honk and wave when im at the gas station who are really cool just depends on the person.

Archived