LegacyGT.com

Subie Love? WRX punks?

Nobody knows my car from a Malibu going down the road until I am vigorus on the gas. I enjoy this and believe this is one of the high points of the Leggy.

So keep on cruising your Leggy no matter what and remember your ride has style, power, and comfortablity. Thats why everyone is jealous.

I like what you're saying here.

Also, I have yet to get sudie love, but have gotten a wave from people in Evo's. Thought that was weird.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I did get a friendly wave at the stoplight today from a gal in a WRX. then flashed me. they were AWESOME!! :eek::eek::eek:

it's the internet. you can lie and nobody will ever know.

car for sale. PM me!

Boston Cars & Coffee yesterday, there were WRX's & STi's: these are just the "group" shots.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/67GTOchick/P3140031.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/67GTOchick/P3140032.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/67GTOchick/P3140042.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/urban07sti/STI%20stuff/2009-03-15_09-12-43.jpg

And Legacy GT's: perhaps there were more?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/wujek1976/P3140043.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I don't understand this need for subie owners to get 'subie love' from other random drivers. :rolleyes:

Why not, almost everyone who rides motorcycles gives you the keep the rubber side down gesture when your riding and its a great thing. Recognizing that soemone else shares a passion, now i understand that only subie enthusiasts would give you a gesture back but you would think someone in a STI or WRX with mods would consider themselves an enthusiast.

I waived at a few ppl and they either look at me wierd or were too intrested in the fact that my car was modded. Last waive I gave was in cleveland on the freeway near beachwood. Was another white legacy wannna say 08.

i dont ever try to waive first at a wrx/sti for the fact that i kno they probably wont waive back... wrx/sti owners in colorado are just so full of themselves... u can ask anybody that lives here... as far as bikes go... i have a crotch rocket... and chopper peeps are like wrx/sti owners.. dont wave or nothin... not because they are full of themselves but maybe cuz they dont like crotch rocket owners...

I barely get love from other Subie owners unless they know me directly.. And being a registered vendor on my local club a big chunk of people do know me I guess. However, still, more Subies do not notice my LGT.. As if its a Camry heh

We'll see what happens this summer when the concave wheels and my new lip go on the car :D

Why not, almost everyone who rides motorcycles gives you the keep the rubber side down gesture when your riding and its a great thing. Recognizing that soemone else shares a passion, now i understand that only subie enthusiasts would give you a gesture back but you would think someone in a STI or WRX with mods would consider themselves an enthusiast.

Frankly i don't give a damn about their opinion, and the need for affirmation/approval from fellow 'enthusiasts whom they dont even know smacks of insecurity/filling some kind of personal void. If someone wants to compliment my car fine, i thank him. If he ignores it, i find that as satisfactory as being ignored by police.

And being butthurt enough to not get that 'love/respect' from a 'kindred spirit', and starting a forum thread about it is....

Well lets just say in 10 years the OP will look back at this and feel embarassed he brought it up.

its not about affirmation/approval... or love/respect... but more like sayin wrx/sti owners.. for the most part are too full of themselves.... cuz to be honest with u i dont care if they dont approve, or respect me... but its the fact that they think they are better than everyone else all because they drive a wrx, or sti.... u dont ever see a guy driving a toyota corolla give you a dirty look cuz of what car your driving??

its not about affirmation/approval... or love/respect... but more like sayin wrx/sti owners.. for the most part are too full of themselves.... cuz to be honest with u i dont care if they dont approve, or respect me... but its the fact that they think they are better than everyone else all because they drive a wrx, or sti.... u dont ever see a guy driving a toyota corolla give you a dirty look cuz of what car your driving??

I disagree, I see morons driving cars of all varieties giving me dirty looks, likewise i see ppl driving cars of all varieties giving me thumbs up. and i dont give a toss about either sneers or compliments.

Anyways, even paying attn to that on the road shows one is being too self concious about his car. Is it really that crucial a part of your identity that you take some vague gesture of lack of respect/love to be a snub on your person? I'm sorry but more important matters occupy my mind aside from concentrating on driving and not crashing into things.

My mom has a WRX. But she also knows how to drive it. It was funny to see a poorly modded civic pull up to my mom and have her blow the kids doors off. At the next light I rolled down the window (Civic had switched lanes) and let the gentleman driving know that he just had his doors blown off by a 57 year old lady listening to All Things Considered on NPR.

You will find some respectable ricers out there (I used to be one). I would always give a nod to a WRX or a LGT. But I will be the first to admit, respectable ricers are few and far between.

Haha... yea lgt's are underestimated... a guy on these forums told me he ran his friends stage 2 sti in his fp green lgt.... let's just say the sti had a head start but after the lgt hit the sti looked like it was standing still :) of course that's comparing a fp green to a stock sti turbo..

Yeah, pretty much stage 2 LGT = stock STI

Stage 2 STI = fairly aggressive stage 2 E85 tune LGT or conservative Vf-52 :)

I find my stage 2 lgt much more driver friendly then my buddies 08 sti...boost hit lower. In fact all my friends (and wife) who drove both cars were surprised when I only pulled a car length on him from a roll on (no worries, it was on private property in the boonies)

Archived