LegacyGT.com

Subie Love? WRX punks?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's similar to patting someone on the back for a job well done. Maybe the OP can clarify, but if he was reaching out his window and tapping his roof like a pat on the back he was probably talking to his car saying something like "good job baby"...

If he was tapping the inside of his roof then I have no clue..

Either way its gay.

Mine runs like a freight train.

When I went to the TON school, none of the instructors wanted to drive "The station wagon." They're great sleepers, not quite as good as an Accord V6, but close.

What's the TON school?

If you do any SCDA events, look for me. Brown LGT sedan. My first choice is always to instruct someone in a Subaru.

jack

The prices aren't up on SCDA1 for Lime Rock or NH

How much do those typically cost? What do you need? (Complete racing n00b I am, heck I have a 5eat....)

You can start locally with autocrosses. There are lots in the area, SCCA, BMWCCA, NESHOC, COMSSC, and others. There is one almost every weekend at Devens.

All you will need is a Snell-approved helmet - 2000 or later - and most of those organizations will allow you to drive with a M-spec (Motorcycle) helmet in lieu of a car-racing helmet - SA-spec.

The 5EAT isn't a big deal, you'll be able to do most autox events in second and most tracks in 3rd.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

anal about what? their cars? I can assure you I've met many a wrx owner who doesnt care about what his car looks like. chipped paint, mud caked on the wheels. And I've met a few legacy owners who wash and wax their cars like their lives depended on it.
car for sale. PM me!

i hate hate hate when people upgrade their subarus and make them all noisy and obnoxious. the car was built the way it should be... modifications on cars is like botox on people

uhh.. you realize this whole site is pretty much built on the premise of modding our cars right? :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

I remember when this happened here in CT:

WFSB.com

Related To Story

Bristol Crash Kills Four Teens

Three Adults Hospitalized With Injuries

POSTED: 9:59 am EDT August 24, 2007

UPDATED: 11:06 pm EDT August 24, 2007

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Speed was a factor in a crash that killed four teenagers overnight in Bristol, investigators said.

Bristol police descended upon Route 6 after two cars crashed in front of the St. Joseph Cemetery at about 11:30 p.m. on Thursday.

http://images.ibsys.com/2007/0306/11185709.jpghttp://legacygt.com/sh/images/ibs_icon/mere/video.gif Video: Teens Pronounced Dead At Crash Scene

Authorities identified the driver as Sean Landry, 19, of Plymouth. Passengers in the car included Myles Gosselin, 17, of Burlington, and Alyssa Roy and Jordan Gagnon, both 16 and of Farmington. All of the teens were pronounced dead at the scene.

"It is very sobering, to say the least, to look at that vehicle now, knowing that four people were in the vehicle and all have died and all are young kids," Bristol police Lt. Tom Grimaldi said. "They basically had been at a friend's house, swimming -- a typical summer night."

"Alyssa as a very fun-loving girl. She always went with the flow, she was very charismatic, she always had nice things to say about everyone," said Jamie Pere, a friend.

One of the teens was a student at Farmington High School, where grief counseling was made available on Friday and Monday. Many people attended a vigil at the crash scene at 8 p.m. on Friday.

"I just ran out of tears," said Mark Paparello Jr., a friend of the victims who attended the vigil.

Channel 3 Eyewitness News reporter Jessica Schneider reported the teens were in a silver Subaru WRX traveling eastbound when Landry lost control of the car and crossed into oncoming traffic. The crash pushed the front passenger's seat to the driver's side of the car.

"This is the second time this year I've seen it this bad," said Bernie Whitnick, who was called in to tow the vehicle. "With four people, it's really bad."

Whitnick said the Subaru WRX is a car notoriously known for its speed, small size and light weight. Investigators said it may be difficult to determine the actual speed at which the car was traveling because the car was equipped with all-wheel drive.

Officials said the occupants in the other vehicle, a Ford Taurus, were returning from Bradley International Airport after picking up a visiting friend. They were transported to area hospitals for treatment and authorities said the occupants were critically injured.

Debra Lehman, 51, of Terryville, was identified as one of the passengers in the other car, a Ford Taurus. She was critically injured and remained hospitalized at noon at St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury. Her husband, Thomas Lehman, 67, was treated and released from Waterbury Hospital.

As of 5 p.m., Giovanna Tirado, 61, of Los Angeles, was last listed in stable condition at Waterbury Hospital.

Landry and a front seat passenger were wearing seat belts; the two back seat passengers were not, Grimaldi said. All three in the Lehman car were wearing seat belts, Grimaldi said.

Eyewitness News has learned that Landry's driving record contains two citations. One of the tickets was issued for speeding and another was issued for traveling too fast for conditions. After the second citation, a judge ordered Landry to take a driver re-training course with the DMV, which was completed in July 2006.

Police said they hope others will take warning.

"It is a very real possibility that this could happen at anytime to anybody. Just be careful," Grimaldi said.

Here is the video. Starts one min in:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1iSO2dkyIs]YouTube - Car Crash Kills 3 Wolcott,CT Teens[/ame]

anal about what? their cars? I can assure you I've met many a wrx owner who doesnt care about what his car looks like. chipped paint, mud caked on the wheels. And I've met a few legacy owners who wash and wax their cars like their lives depended on it.

Mainly the the whole site in general. Some of the moderators can be very anal about off-topic posts and arguements within threads, etc...

• 2 weeks later...
Hahaha, i have been to cherry hill a couple years back. Nothing special there

I went to NJ for a conference in Jan, imagine my surprise when I open my hotel room window and see the giant glowing sign for their HQ outside it...

A meh shot from the day after, but I thought it was somewhat funny. Bonus, my '00 LGT's non-working gear selector light started working that day, and continued to do so for another week (after having been dead for months... not sure why).

I don't even want Subie love. I've had a couple Jeeps (A YJ and a TJ) and it got tiresome that every other person that had one would throw their hand out the window with an excited dog expression on their faces (Oooooohhhhh, here comes anothe Jeep!!!!! Everybody, WAVE!!!!). But not wanting to be an asshole, I'd wave back over and over again.

Same thing happens on my motorcycle. I have an '03 Suzuki SV1000 and it's just nonstop waving at people. Thankfully the Harley riders don't even acknowledge my unsuperior Japanese crotch rocket ass, or I'd be wavin even more.

I haven't had a single Subie Wave in my LGT and I'm GLAD. We're not in some special club and I don't know you. Go about your business, thanks :p

Having said that, if I run into you at a gas station, I might give you a "what's up?" nod. Just don't expect me go into a 20 minute mod conversation and start talking about killz, lol. There are none...

i got subie love only once here in mass. guy with his gf in an STi on 93 to 3 keep pace with me all the way from boston to marshfield.

there's not much driving love just because all the drivers here are assholes and beep at you if you don't go WOT the instant the light turns green.

only other time i saw people with LGTs and it not being some old lady driving around was on saturday. :)

Archived