LegacyGT.com

Subie Love? WRX punks?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i see many wrx and stis here in chicago. LGTs are rare, but what im seeing alot now is the transformation of honda ricers to scion ricers. Ticks me off.. i hate the TC and the fact that these kids think they have a fast car cause they put on a fart can

At the dealer yesterday when Buying my new!! 3.0R

I got some subie love from a 45 year old Brand new STi owner!! She was wanting something with alot of pep!!! And she says she drive's it every day and loves it!

Will post on the 3.0 R later...

Well parts of jersey is crappy... And alot of people who go to SD say that. cept me i came back. Things are just way to slow out there. i remember getting into arguments with my managers telling them i wanted to work during my breaks.

Cherry hill is in the middle of no where. The only place to be is northeast jersey (nyc suburbia) and down the shore.

Guest JessterCPA
Hahaha, i have been to cherry hill a couple years back. Nothing special there

I have no F'ing clue where Cherry Hill is.

Anytime I encounter a wrx it they always have to be in front. I keep my car quiet with stock mufflers but I guess the shiny silver y pipe hidden underneath gets their attention. I generally ignore them and rely on the fact that they are intimidated or left wondering how fast my car is.

Amazingly the STI guys always seem to just want to cruise together. Usually take turns leading and small spurts here and there but nothing obnoxious.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

At the dealer yesterday when Buying my new!! 3.0R

I got some subie love from a 45 year old Brand new STi owner!! She was wanting something with alot of pep!!! And she says she drive's it every day and loves it!

Will post on the 3.0 R later...

Mine runs like a freight train.

When I went to the TON school, none of the instructors wanted to drive "The station wagon." They're great sleepers, not quite as good as an Accord V6, but close.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Anytime I encounter a wrx it they always have to be in front. I keep my car quiet with stock mufflers but I guess the shiny silver y pipe hidden underneath gets their attention. I generally ignore them and rely on the fact that they are intimidated or left wondering how fast my car is.

Amazingly the STI guys always seem to just want to cruise together. Usually take turns leading and small spurts here and there but nothing obnoxious.

Are they real STI's:lol:!

Alot of younger WRX guys round here do the STI thing to the WRX. The Non-STI seats give them away!

Most of the time, yes, like everyone has said, it's always a WRX that's speeding and has to be first, and has some punk 16 year old in it.

Most of the STI owners I have encountered drive normally and not like total asses. But to say If I had an STI, I would sure carve up the Canyons round here! But still drive like Capt. Slow on the roads!

Around here, I've seen very very few modded LGT's, maybe like 2 in a year. One I parked next to at the gym, and another I don't remember lol. Around here, the kids with STi's or WRX's you see all the time, or most of them are your friends so, theres no hate, but also not much love. One kid stopped me at college, hes on the forum here as WHITEKNIGHT, with a white 2.5i and we became good friends, otherwise around here, its nothing crazy. I live in a small town where everyone knows each other, and tons of the kids want me to sell the car to them haha. My neighbor was ready to give me 20k for it, I still said no. Some lovin, but not much.

About 2 months ago a kid in his early 20s came up to me in a mall parking lot and wanted to talk about the car.

He commented that my car was obviously not stock and wanted to know what I had done to it. He told me he had a stock WRX....

Nice guy. We talked for about 5 minutes about Subies ....

Nothing too exciting I guess but certainly some mutual Subie love.

VVG, there aren't that many LGT's around though.

While I see Subaru's everywhere, I mean, on 117 this AM, I passed a green CG8 with factory gold rims, and that's all I remember right now. Point is that I rarely see an LGT.

The Legacy is rare enough that I get excited when I see one, then I see it's an NA.

Never seen a wave though, I'd wave back.

i also am yet to see an LGT in my area. But all the HS kids around here think that their truck with a system is the fastest thing ever and most of them dont even know what a 5speed is.....:cool:

Around my area, the STI group is few. My friend own an 03 STI, and my other owns an 07 spec.b. Now the WRX's are all driven by high school students who think they are cool.....with ther loud playing music, and their hats turned sideways. My and my two friends don't even bother with them, it is a waste of our time. So other than the STI, and the 07 spec.b, i am the only modded Subby in my area.

Coolest experience I had was with a 06/07 aspen white wrx. He was hauling in the left lane until he came up on me, he then slowed down and rode in my blind spot for a good 3 - 4 miles, sped up a bit to pass me then hit an exit ramp. Couldn't see him through the tint, but I could feel the Subie love haha.

Naaa man,

They just put the wing on and put the STi logo's on the cars.

Was just out going to Wal-Mart in the 3.0 R and saw some kid in a WRX fly by me. Came up on him about a mile down the road pulled over! Wonder how much that ticket was! Probably 65-70 in a 40!

down here at the 50th state, 80% of the WRX, STI guys wave back, the other 20% either don't know i have a subaru, or don't care....

i hardly see any Legacy's and once in a blue moon for LGTs when i'm out on the roads but i know for sure they're driving around under the radar....

Where i work they're alot of subie owners 15+ maybe half know what an LGT is....

Archived