LegacyGT.com

Subie Love? WRX punks?

I dont know what that means,

But I had a WRX HSer drive up next to me stare at me, and then started boucing up and down in his seat like he was going nuts, and giving me the truck horn signal. I didnt know wtf he was doing. Then some other HSer did that to me while I drove past, gave me the trucker horn signal. I dont know wtf they mean, I just thought maybe my car sounded like the semi spooling with my new DP and they were making fun of me. It wasnt like I had airhorns mounted on my car or anything so I dont know if they wanted me to beep.

This is pretty funny.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I wanted a forester also.

You get most of the subaru fun without the hooligan subaru stigma.

i shudder to think what kind of crazy crap i woulda pulled had i owned a turbo subaru in high school.

car for sale. PM me!

This is why I wanted a forester also.

You get most of the subaru fun without the hooligan subaru stigma.

i shudder to think what kind of crazy crap i woulda pulled had i owned a turbo subaru in high school.

I'm almost 3 years out of high school and I still don't trust myself with a turbo :lol:

You knwo what my friends told me when we went to a car meet. that they expected the group to not be racing down the highway almost causing accedents if it were an all lgt meet. but there were several other kinds of "younger cars"

Its funnie thou after the meet a few of us wer gunning down 95 and this one car was weaving and cutting and braking hard through the traffic. while i was just gunning it 80mph w/o cutting people off while weaving thrugh traffic. It was funnie watching the other guy try to keep up after i caught up n passed him.

This wasnt my recent meet was it? who were you playing with on 95? non of the sentras this year were boosted. Actually a few of us were commenting how plain the cars were this year. Last year it was 2 SCed, 3 turboed and i dunno. this year most of the sentras looked stock.

I don't get any love from subies around here except for one guy I've seen a few times in a WRB STi with gold wheels. He always waves. I happened upon one punk kid in a WRX with an exhaust that shot flames and I asked him about his mods. You know what he asked me. Is that a Legacy? :eek:

I guess in his mind, only the WRX is worth noticing from the Subaru lineup. That's okay. I like the sleeper profile our cars give off. Handsome yet unassuming.

There's too many Scoobies around here. No one gives a damn.

That's how it is up here. Lots of WRX's, two STI's that I know both good friends of mine, one WRX with an STI swap that I have yet to be able to meet, and I'm fairly sure, 3 other LGT's. None of which I can get to nod or wave for the life of me. Two are driven by older (read 60+) guys, and I dont know how old the other driver is. Other than my circle of friends, noone really cares about the subi love. And I'm already dreading next summer because I've already had at least half a dozen of the "Is that thing turbo" questions from the ricer community....:rolleyes:

I get crap from wrx kids sometimes. I just ignore them. It's going to get worse since the cars are getting more affordable for them.

I agree with underscore, that's just the way things happen. I can't believe that parents would actually buy cars like these for their kids.

I still get love but less of it compared to when I had a WRX.

tons of suby love in SLC, it seems like every 5th car is a suby. tons of outbacks and wrx. i was driving to the grocery store the other day and a LGT pulled up next to me and we gave each other the 'waz up nod' and then we both zipped down the road (very quickly i might add) and them we gave each other a wave and went on our way.

There's too many Scoobies around here. No one gives a damn.
Last week I was driving to work in a line of 5 Subarus.

There are over 4,000 Subarus registered in Boston. In 40 towns in MA, Subaru is the #1 nameplate. But they don't wave.....

I waved to every Subaru I saw for one week a couple years ago in my OBW. I got one returned.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Thats because Subaru is becoming a car for the everyday person to own. More people are taking notice and more people are buying subies who 2-4 years ago wouldnt have even thought about it. I was talking to a guy who has a 08 outback and his daughter and mine go to the same daycare, dude didnt even know his car had AWD or how many cylinders it has. That floored me, most people buy subarus because when they are researching options they want the subie fits the bill and more, but this guy just said i want that one.

VVG, there aren't that many LGT's around though.

While I see Subaru's everywhere, I mean, on 117 this AM, I passed a green CG8 with factory gold rims, and that's all I remember right now. Point is that I rarely see an LGT.

The Legacy is rare enough that I get excited when I see one, then I see it's an NA.

Never seen a wave though, I'd wave back.

Last week I was driving to work in a line of 5 Subarus.

There are over 4,000 Subarus registered in Boston. In 40 towns in MA, Subaru is the #1 nameplate. But they don't wave.....

I waved to every Subaru I saw for one week a couple years ago in my OBW. I got one returned.

I agree, down cape 50% of the population has foresters or outbacks. No one waves back though... ever.

Not very many Legacies around here... I see a lot of Foresters and Outbacks... A few WRX's mixed in there.

I'd say on an average week, I see ONE Legacy... That's it... And maybe 100 other Subaru's.

The local dealer has about 10 Legacies on their lot (new), but most of them have never moved.

The juvenile WRX owners tend to see LGTs as "wannabees."

As a 55 yo WRX owner, I find young males driving cars with loud exhausts generally annoying, since they drive up my insurance rates and invite police scrutiny of my actions by association. Unfortunately, despite the reputation as an old mans car I think you'll also see idiotic stunts from LGT owners as well as just about every other kind of car on the road.

But, lets test the theory. Post your message on NASIOC! Nobody likes teenage males: even other teenage males. Having them around is like having a pet Chimpanzee. It would have been AWESOME if you got his plate #!

The only time anyone has challenged me to a stoplight dragrace was when a guy in his 70s driving an AMG Mercedes looked at my Brembos, looked at me and dropped the hammer as the light went green. I didn't rise to the challenge but I laughed my ass off. :lol:

The only time anyone has challenged me to a stoplight dragrace was when a guy in his 70s driving an AMG Mercedes looked at my Brembos, looked at me and dropped the hammer as the light went green. I didn't rise to the challenge but I laughed my ass off. :lol:

I did the same thing last week driving home from the store. Some "Growing up Gotti" clown in an Altima with a body kit and a fart can tried to floor it to cut me off on a two lane road. The first time he was unsuccessful as old people driving a Camry got in his way but the second time he did it. When we got to the next light, I couldn't help but start laughing at him. He looked in his rear view, expecting to either get props or to be cool, and saw me laughing hysterically. After that, he drove normal speed.

Same kind of thing with motorcycles.

when i ride my FZ-1, 90% of sportbikes i cross paths with will return/initiate a wave. 50% of cruisers will. 75%+ of Goldwings will. and about 10% at best of HD riders will.

I get on my dads cruiser, complete opposite. Sportbikes rarely do, Goldwings stay the same... HD's ALWAYS will... until you pull up to a stoplight with a HD and they realize you are on a Yamaha cruiser. then they try and show you a HD is faster... they never win. :cool:

One of these days i'll have to post a pic and audio of my Dad's bike. 4" single exhaust with yamaha blue flames on a black background. Won a few awards at the bike shows. only has like 100lbs of TQ :cool: at 25mph you can still crank throttle and spin the tire.

with the LGT up here, most Subaru's i see are non turbo. except the WRX's, and yet to get a wave or any acknowledgment from one. i know of a few older WRX owners that would if i saw them on the road though. Yet to see a single Spec.B on the road either, see a few LGT's here and there but we never "see" each other.

At one of my accounts, 6 employees drive Subies. They are all n/a though, 5 05+ Leg's and one 08 Impreza.

One day I was there, they all parked next to each other, and I noticed that, along with myself, a few other customers had parked their subies in the same row. :lol:

The harley guys in milwaukee are pretty cool. When we have harley fest the 100th aniversary and the 105th there were 10s of thousands that poored into town. And most were cool with me riding with them as long as i didnt act like a dick and do wheelies and what not.

I did the same thing last week driving home from the store. Some "Growing up Gotti" clown in an Altima with a body kit and a fart can tried to floor it to cut me off on a two lane road. The first time he was unsuccessful as old people driving a Camry got in his way but the second time he did it. When we got to the next light, I couldn't help but start laughing at him. He looked in his rear view, expecting to either get props or to be cool, and saw me laughing hysterically. After that, he drove normal speed.

ah jersey.

there was once a time when NJ was on my list of places to visit.

wait... nope. never was.:spin:

car for sale. PM me!

Archived