LegacyGT.com

Pics of DIYand painted grills

lvethesnow

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not hard just time consuming, really time consuming.

well my subie is used EVERY week day as my daily driver and there's no way I can miss work because im still in the military.. no sick days lol

so i can't afford to not have it for a day unless i can steal the wife's forester sports xt for the day

well my subie is used EVERY week day as my daily driver and there's no way I can miss work because im still in the military.. no sick days lol

so i can't afford to not have it for a day unless i can steal the wife's forester sports xt for the day

It's an 8 hour DIY if you want it done right.

I just don't like that grill though. From the look of the picture it looks like the slots are still large enough for rocks and debris to fly through which would kind of eliminate the purpose of replacing the grill. Also, you mentioned 8 hours of work, but is there some kind of tutorial?

I actually was torn between the gutter guard that i found, which was actually too small at about 3 inches tall, or some mesh in the garden section that wouldn't rust being that it's made to be outside in the elements. There was some more dense mesh there that might do a better job at blocking debris stuff.

I just don't like that grill though. From the look of the picture it looks like the slots are still large enough for rocks and debris to fly through which would kind of eliminate the purpose of replacing the grill. Also, you mentioned 8 hours of work, but is there some kind of tutorial?

Theres a Walkthrough in that thread. It just takes time to cutout the CV Grill then having to bondo it. The Home Depot mesh is what the PO had on mine, I went the CV way because i wanted something with more of an OEM look like the JDM style STi grill.

Theres a Walkthrough in that thread. It just takes time to cutout the CV Grill then having to bondo it. The Home Depot mesh is what the PO had on mine, I went the CV way because i wanted something with more of an OEM look like the JDM style STi grill.

Bondo.....a plastic....grill? ... hm

i looked i just didn't see much of any tutorial... i saw the list of what you used but i am looking for step by step stuff and maybe some pics along the way

My grill, along with my window trim, badges, and wheels, were plasti dipped today. Came out very nice!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o37/Playa_Playa27/photobucket-68148-1362865349506_zps0d255605.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • I Donated
Idk whats going on cause I couldnt see them when i first opened the page but now I can

Might be because the images are so big, my Nokia Lumia 920 takes pictures in massive sizes.

Lets try this again...

WP_20130611_004%20(800x450).jpg?psid=1

WP_20130613_00320130613231938%20(800x450).jpg?psid=1

1/4 from previous post now working, 0/2 from recent post.

Archived