LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy Spec B Info from NY autoshow

pathfin9

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IBthecanIretrofittheharmonkardonspeakersinmy05LGT threads :lol:

BTW, is it just a speaker upgrade, or is the HU different as well?

Same HU. Prob. just different internals. Also, climate controls are...........the same as before....:mad: not seperated. Here's hoping for the '10 models....

-John

Found this in another more secluded part of the show.....Enjoy!

Looks like it has stock brakes too.

Supposedly, on Sat. they are going to be having a drag race in the morning, unfortunately....i wont be there for it....Oh well....

-John

DSC_0259.jpg.b01c7d3c4e45198f106ab2c7625c5b60.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg.0484b626d6d86470297b2b2fa0ce3527.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg.6f2268311380036e0cf503ea1a927a2b.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg.9d7e2296bd07ddc7cfb1dc074f692b52.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg.a96e409e77b0b08cc75e9d3f9ad30cd5.jpg

If SOA really gets on here then hear me out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i'm begging like a kid at a candy/toy store. I NEED a turbo diesel subaru, please dont make me go euro on this choice cause i will!!!! I heard the new audi diesels are really nice, but i bet subaru will be better. Oh and 09specB's lookin sweet...

No SOA, don't listen to him. What we need is a turbo parallel hybrid. You know the one that hits 60 MPH in 6 seconds and averages 40 mpg. Hell I'd settle for 30 mpg. None of this slow diesel business.

Found this at CNET of all places:

"Subaru joins BMW and Mercedes-Benz in using Harman/Kardon-branded audio systems. Subaru initially offers the audio system in its 2009 Legacy model, making it optional in the 2.5i base model, and standard at every trim level above that."

"The head unit remains the same in the Subaru Legacy--Harman/Kardon only supplies the amp and speakers. The Legacy's head unit uses an in-dash six disc changer that can read MP3 CDs. A spokesman for Subaru at the New York show suggested the company is also looking into improving this head unit."

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/ss/2008/0319_NewYork/SubaruHK_SS02_440.jpg

"The Legacy gets 25 millimeter tweeters and 160 millimeters in each front door, 25 millimeter tweeters and 100 millimeter woofers in each rear door, and a 170 millimeter subwoofer on the rear deck. These speakers are powered by a 7 channel 385 watt amplifier."

"We came away very impressed from our brief listen to the quality of the new Harman/Kardon audio system. The bass is very palpable, while the highs come through with clarity. The system seems well-balanced, not too bright or dull, and represents a huge leap in audio quality not only over previous Subaru systems, but over many other automakers."

He says he and other Subaru Reps are on NASIOC and Legacygt.com at least once a week. So lets hope they fulfill our dreams.

-John

I hope the Subaru reps like the ear-full they have been getting from me. I may get upset, but it is because I want to buy another Subaru after this one, and I want that option to still be available and good looking by then. I want Subaru to succeed. If I didn't care, I probably wouldn't get so vocal about some of these things. :D

BTW, Subie reps can PM me if there are any product planning job openings, I'll gladly confirm it and provide actual ident information, and I hope there might be one or two people left around here that might act as subie references. :D

Good news on the increased availability of more colors. Still no data on price, though, and I wonder if more colors on Spec B are an indicator that GT Limited is going away, like the leaked Canadian matrix that omitted that trim line.

If that is the case, it is very likely that the Spec B, along with more colors, will also get a build code for the 5EAT-SS as an option.

My only remaining question then, is will the price come down, to partially alleviate the hole created by the potential lack of the GT Limited at the 29-30k price point.

As a sidebar, I like that short depth subwoofer in the rear deck. very cool.

Something I noticed... Right below the shifter there is a metal plate... Does that denote its going to be another "1/500" edition type cars??? If I'm not mistaken, the 07-08 spec B's arent limited to 500 and they dont have that plate there.

And something you shoulda told them... PUT A REAR WIPER :p lol

07 Spec Bs did have a plate, possibly 08 as well, that simply said "SI-Drive" not a limited edition number.

I'd personally love a rear wiper, among a few other niceties... but I am glad to see better options at all, rather than fewer like the last few years.

One final side note, can we leave the greenie-argument of hybrid vs diesel in other threads, please. It is becoming quite tiresome, and far too widespread.

Read the bottom of the page

Interesting to point out, the LGT remains, and SOA appears to have added a new Model the 3.0R with out the limited designation.

Hit the link below.

http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2009/nyautoshow/audio/index.html

DRC

Wow.. I am beginning to think they are listening to us (atleast on a small level). :eek: .

:orly:

Well, if they offered 3.0R with 6MT, that perhaps, yeah.

Guest heightsgtltd

"

Digitized pleasure

A 385-watt, 7-channel system in the Legacy, and a 440-watt, 8-channel system in the Outback employ Digital Signal Processing (DSP) that continually evaluates more than 100 unique audio parameters to capture every nuance of the recording and reamplify it for maximum audio quality. But all you’ll hear is your favorite artist sounding better than ever."

So the Outback gets more audio Powahh! :lol:

In all seriousness, this is a step in the right direction SOA :)

Something like this should have been offered from 05 on!

Now if we can just bring the rest of the electronics offerings past 2003 and up to the present :lol:

Guess I am waiting until 09' to get a new car, unless the 10's are a big improvement.

Wait until 2010. If the '10 models are great get one, if they aren't, get a killer deal on an 09!

Ugh, obviously after I buy my car do they come out with a SWP Spec B.

I wanted a SWP Spec B. :(

I hear ya. If they had SWP when i bought mine in Sept. thats what I'd be driving too! Oh well, we still have great cars no matter what. And hopefully they next gen. legacy will be even nicer with an STi version, as that would be my next car, if I dont get a Nissan GTR:wub:... or possibly the new Audi S4 assuming it will have the twin turbo setup again...

-John

Archived